• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the most talked about game on social media

I remember looking at the trending videos tab on Youtube last night and saw the trailer was number one and no other videogame was in the top rankings. Not sure how Google/Youtube propagate that list, but I knew it was big.

Also completely deserved, game blew everything else away.
looking this morning and it had over 3 million views

Galang

Banned
Awesome! And I'm glad Watch Dogs 2 is up there as well. Not talked about much here, but it's my favourite game of the show aside Zelda and Persona 5.

DNAbro

Look at the hysterical hyperbole in these Zelda threads, people losing their shit over a game that looks and plays like it's from 2008, and tell me who is the one smoking.

I'm actually a little embarrassed for GAF for losing it's objectivity over this game. If it was being released by Ubisoft and called The Legend of Belda it would be written off as an outdated, mediocre looking action RPG.

This game looks like MGSV in terms of options and ways to play except actually good.

phanphare

Banned
Well most Nintendo fans have multiple consoles, soo....literally any if the other games.

actually when you buy a Nintendo console your information is entered into a database that is shared across the world. that way if you try to buy video game console from another company you'll be flagged, denied, and dealt with.

TrueBlue

Ahaha, people feel ashamed of other people for being excited for something?

Jesus wept.

EDIT: Horizon is far too low on that list for me.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Look at the hysterical hyperbole in these Zelda threads, people losing their shit over a game that looks and plays like it's from 2008, and tell me who is the one smoking.

I'm actually a little embarrassed for GAF for losing it's objectivity over this game. If it was being released by Ubisoft and called The Legend of Belda it would be written off as an outdated, mediocre looking action RPG.

Read up: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233823

El-Suave

It's great that it's doing fine on social media but it basically had the whole day for itself while there was tons of other stuff to divide people's attention. I can't wait fir people to spin this into press conferences being irrelevant and E3 being outdated.

AGoodODST

I am by no means a Zelda hater and was looking forward to seeing what Nintendo had to offer, I am flabbergasted at the reaction from GAF. People urinating themselves over a companion locked behind an Amiibo like it is some kind of extreme revolution in gaming, and claiming the graphics are incredible because there are some ok looking explosion effects. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it, all the other big games announced at E3 have had fanboys and counter-fanboys and somewhere in between is the reality, but with Zelda it's full on kool aid psychosis.

I very much doubt the paying public will share this mentality unless the NX version is significantly, significantly better across the board.

You seem to be taking the news that people like a video game really hard.

Don't worry buddy. It's going to be okay.

Plum

I am by no means a Zelda hater and was looking forward to seeing what Nintendo had to offer, I am flabbergasted at the reaction from GAF. People urinating themselves over a companion locked behind an Amiibo like it is some kind of extreme revolution in gaming, and claiming the graphics are incredible because there are some ok looking explosion effects. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it, all the other big games announced at E3 have had fanboys and counter-fanboys and somewhere in between is the reality, but with Zelda it's full on kool aid psychosis.

I very much doubt the paying public will share this mentality unless the NX version is significantly, significantly better across the board.

If you use the term "urinating themselves" to describe people liking something you have no right to talk about hyperbole.

Caelus

People urinating themselves over a companion locked behind an Amiibo like it is some kind of extreme revolution in gaming, and claiming the graphics are incredible because there are some ok looking explosion effects.

I've seen much more excitement over the big world, game physics, and refreshed design elements than the amiibo and even the graphics, which plenty acknowledge are held back by Wii U hardware. The excitement is very understandable considering the game feels like Nintendo's answer to years of critique and suggestion.

All your social media are belong to us.

I made a mistake on this one:
GtIJQg5.jpg

It actually says
NOW LOADING
DO NOT TURN OFF
ALL YOUR BASE ARE

I assume BELONG TO US follows.

The Pope

This game looks like MGSV in terms of options and ways to play except actually good.
I just need to add to this and say MGSV is the most sterile, lifeless, souless, repetitive game I have ever played. It makes me physically ill lol that it has a 93 on metacritic. No nothings wrong with me.

On topic: GAF would go crazy over the game they showed on the stream regardless of whether it was Zelda or not. Looks great.

Oh I agree Horizon's low placing is due to being a new ip. I'm just saying that BotW wouldn't place so high if it didn't look so amazing

Of course the quality helps but it only ranks high because it's a popular brand with what appears to be a good game attached to it, similar to how BvS would be popular and talked about if it was good. No matter how good you look the game that's established will always be talked about more, this is why Crash is up there.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't get what this means.

People in the other thread have been giddy over the fire system in the game.
Poster says Far Cry 2 did it first in 2008.
Poster doesn't read or care about the rest of the details.
Person you quoted is following suit.

I don't understand the chart. 25,000 of what? Tweets? Places in fan's hearts?

Side note: I am surprised Battlefield 1 is number 2. I get that it will have it's fans but it doesn't look particularly interesting or different from other war shooters. All down to personal opinion I guess.

EDIT: Joining the people saying they are surprised Horizon isn't higher. My most anticipated game after Zelda. I get that it's a new IP but still.

thefro

I remember looking at the trending videos tab on Youtube last night and saw the trailer was number one and no other videogame was in the top rankings. Not sure how Google/Youtube propagate that list, but I knew it was big.

Mej53Yj.jpg

The trailer's been gaining about 100k views per hour and will probably be Nintendo's most watched game trailer ever on its channel (Passing NSMB 2) by the end of the day today, and will probably pass the 2DS video within a week or two.

It also was the #1 story on Reddit yesterday for a while.

I'm sure we'll have a thread after E3 is over, but the early returns suggest Nintendo's strategy for this year was successful.

Blunoise

Thats the thing about Nintendo. all they have to show is 1 or two games that are amazing for them to always stay relevent even if they are overshadow form the other two

I still don't get what this means.

It means the combat looks simplistic and basically unchanged bar weapon durability and a simplistic stealth system that should not be considered newsworthy and enemy AI that looked extremely dense. The open world looked sparse and the ways in which you interact with it, and the new crafting system, look like something that wouldn't have been revolutionary in a PS2 title let alone a marquis game in 2016.

I am not saying it looks like trash, I'm just saying it looks extremely mediocre.

But no, apparently the fact that you can beat it without engaging in the story is enough to cause fans to defecate themselves and worthy of it's own thread.

Look at the mounted combat in Horizon. Do you see people making their own threads proclaiming it the second coming of christ because you can fire an arrow from a mount? And yet with Zelda it becomes a game of the show worthy feature.

In all honesty it's laughable.

Ithil

I think you should take a break from video gaming and re-evaluate.

heringer

Deserved. I'm not even that big Zelda fan, but this game looks ridiculous. It's like everything I'm playing right now is suddenly worse. Food lost it's taste, colors seem dull, things that used to matter... I don't know, they just no longer do. This will last until I play this game.

Dude quit it. We get it you don't understand Zelda. Stop thinly veiling insulting people who like it (urinating themselves? really?) and go back to whatever you actually like.

Top Bottom