• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the most talked about game on social media

Thanks. It looks like a lot of effort into the analysis, but I guess it's purely based on twitter data? I'm just skeptical of these metrics. Because Nintendo only presenting one game means all their usual mentions will be grouped into this one game. So it's not really an indicator of the game's actual impact, but rather the method of data gathering being biased to Nintendo's format.

They also showed Pokemon, which only got a fraction of the mentions

Dennis

Banned
Understandable.

modal_ss_1766kz6.jpg

I'd assume that if any of the other games got the level of coverage that Nintendo gave to Zelda, they'd have been talked about more as well.

Not that Zelda doesn't "deserve" this, but still, the figures may not mean much.

Peltz

It makes sense that the coolest looking game is getting all the attention. It just looks fantastic in every way.

Breads

Banned
At any given moment there is a most talked about game on social media though. Why a new thread on top of, well, all the other ones.

emb

Horizon seems about right. Why do you think it should be talked about more?
I thought it was one of the more interesting games shown throughout the past few days (barring Zelda of course). I guess it has the fact that it's not really a surprise this E3 against it though.

Z3M0G

I would certainly hope so since it is the only game they have at the show... it would be pretty bad for them if it was talked about less than FPS#2347 or OPENWORLDGAME#5487 coming from one of the other platforms... even though I'm quite worried this game will suffer the same way most other open world games suffer.

Alrus

Hmm, Horizon Zero Dawn is really low for such a great looking game :(

Zelda is shaping up to be a great game and after the very flawed (but still great) Skyward Sword I'm sure the long presentation reassured a lot of people.

Really hope it's successful for Nintendo, people need to reward them for finally being more ambitious with one of their flagship series.

Not surprised that Watch Dogs 2 is placing high, the game looks much better than the first one. I expect it to be very successful unless it's a buggy mess.

BF 1 going to clean house when it releases, poor Titanfall 2.

The Pope

My game of the Show. One thing to bear in mind is that Zelda got a long stream, with thousands watching.(Which is why BF1 is second) Games at other pressconferences would have got drowned by subsequent announcements.

What have you been smoking?

Look at the hysterical hyperbole in these Zelda threads, people losing their shit over a game that looks and plays like it's from 2008, and tell me who is the one smoking.

I'm actually a little embarrassed for GAF for losing it's objectivity over this game. If it was being released by Ubisoft and called The Legend of Belda it would be written off as an outdated, mediocre looking action RPG.

Death Stranding was been my unsurpassable mark so far. Only thing that could stand up to it would be Bloodborne 2 or a new Chrono game. But I get why it's hard to talk about outside of saying "what did I just see?"

suffocating and jarring is right up my alley.

Vex_

Banned
Look at the hysterical hyperbole in these Zelda threads, people losing their shit over a game that looks and plays like it's from 2008, and tell me who is the one smoking.

I'm actually a little ashamed of GAF for losing it's objectivity over this game. If it was being released by Ubisoft and called The Legend of Belda it would be written off as an outdated, mediocre looking action RPG.

Dayum. Holy shit.

I'm actually a little ashamed of GAF for losing it's objectivity over this game. If it was being released by Ubisoft and called The Legend of Belda it would be written off as an outdated, mediocre looking action RPG.

Thank you for thinking about GAF.

I'm actually a little embarrassed for GAF for losing it's objectivity over this game. If it was being released by Ubisoft and called The Legend of Belda it would be written off as an outdated, mediocre looking action RPG.

The Legend of Belda isn't an established franchise.

Scrawnton

As someone who plays primarily on PS4, the new Zelda game blows my mind. Not because it's a Nintendo game, but because of what it actually is.

Elandyll

Banned
Surprised by both Horizon (game of the show again for me, easily) and Spiderman PS4 (big surprise for people not on Gaf all day I would imagine) being so low, Spidey in particular should have been a total buzz on social media one would think.

Good for Nintendo though (if it means anything), the game looks great!

Kevinroc

Absolutely deserved. Nintendo's demonstration was pretty impressive. Breaking the formula to one of their biggest franchises looks like it's paying off.

Garlador

I'm shocked Horizon: Zero Dawn is so low down the list. That game continues to look incredible.

... But so did Zelda. I can't wait.

Vetro

Because Watch_Dogs "delievered" very poorly.

vareon

Nice shoutout for the hysterical lady in the Bethesda conf lol.

My most hyped game from this E3 is Horizon and Zelda, but Zelda was just revealed and there's a lot more about the game to talk to so yeah it's understandable.

Zarovitch

Lol. Serious, show me other open world game you can do all the stuff you can do in this Zelda.

Thank you for thinking about GAF.

I am by no means a Zelda hater and was looking forward to seeing what Nintendo had to offer, I am flabbergasted at the reaction from GAF. People urinating themselves over a companion locked behind an Amiibo like it is some kind of extreme revolution in gaming, and claiming the graphics are incredible because there are some ok looking explosion effects. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it, all the other big games announced at E3 have had fanboys and counter-fanboys and somewhere in between is the reality, but with Zelda it's full on kool aid psychosis.

I very much doubt the paying public will share this mentality unless the NX version is significantly, significantly better across the board.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I remember looking at the trending videos tab on Youtube last night and saw the trailer was number one and no other videogame was in the top rankings. Not sure how Google/Youtube propagate that list, but I knew it was big.

Also completely deserved, game blew everything else away.

Top Bottom