• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with PS4 Pro enhancements will get a special icon so you can spot them easier

I don't know if this has been posted before but I didn't see it anywhere.

http://www.gamesradar.com/games-wit...t-a-special-icon-so-you-can-spot-them-easier/

PS4 Pro will provide graphical boosts not only to some of the games you already have, but to plenty coming down the line as well. But how will you know which games will support the new console's increased power and which won't? Well, you just look for this handy little icon on the packaging:

XZS3dTKGsgPvJc44nfMRcg-650-80.png

Hexa

So where will this go? One of those tiny boxes in the back? That would make sense, because considering all games will have it its pointless and those boxes are generally for things that are pointless. Like do you really need for the box to say "DS4 Vibration" or "Remote Play Supported" either? I really don't get the point of any of those. :/

Rixa

Store workers just slap new stickers to boxes, hopefully those stickers are big enough, like ½ size of box itself. We need more icons to game boxes.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Wasn't it supposed to be all upcoming games? This isn't needed.

For games that are already out and getting patched. Basically they can slap this on Forward Compatable games like Infamous, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Etc etc etc.

Hopefully this sticker becomes pretty common.

Wasn't it supposed to be all upcoming games? This isn't needed.

Dunno. Maybe some devs won't since it is not 100% mandatory it seems. Maybe some games will just have higher res only and no extra graphical features or sth else. Maybe also to put emphasis on all upcoming games so customers can take note and not get confused by asking whether it has PS4 Pro enhancements or not (compared to older game boxes).

Hexa

I think this does look like one of those boxes in the back no one notices. Like in terms of proportion.

8XpzUvC.png

Sadly the most capable games won't have that logo on the box. Meaning the ones that can run natively at 4K like:
The Last of Us (4K 30FPS)
Smite (4K 60FPS)
The Elder Scrolls Online (4K 30FPS).

doemaaan

Maybe it's for the less informed impulse buyer? "Oh, looky there. I wonder what Pro means? What?! There's a more powerful ps4 on the market?! I gotta have one". idk

PS4 Pro is for hardcore gamers so it doesn't make much sense.

That's how they officially play it, sure. But the truth is PS4 Slim is their 2DS. You aren't exactly screwed up with a 2DS, but it's not like you really want one instead of NN3DS unless you're in for one of it's niche advantages like huge triggers. And it is not known how much of a factor in that is what sort of companies support the device family.

You think they will make new boxart for older games that get patched?

I don't see why they couldn't just slap a sticker on the front.

Older games get reprinted sometimes, you know.

Alienous

It should get three, depending on the upgrades

1. Higher Resolution
2. Increased fidelity (same resolution)
3. Increased framerate/performance

As symbols to accompany 'PS4 Pro Enchancements'.

It should get three, depending on the upgrades

1. Higher Resolution
2. Increased fidelity (same resolution)
3. Increased framerate/performance

As symbols to accompany 'PS4 Pro Enchancements'.

According to the rumors this may not necessarily be it, at least one of them mentioned that under some weird circumstances some functionality improvements are allowed to pass. Larger amount of players on local multiplayer mode was specifically mentioned. ("OPS4 still gets the mode, it's just enhanced on PS4P" or something. May turn out to be BS.)

That doesn't look good. Should be up top, imo.

Absolutely correct. Though I would personally put the whole bar on the bottom, given that I don't think you can pull age rating up too.

Umm.... starting October all games need to have a Neo mode. Or did they get rid of that?

Probably not.

Now imagine an OPS4/PS4S owner that (eventually?) understands what the sticker means but wasn't aware of that seeing all those badged games coming to the shelves of their shop of choice in a few months and staying there. Geez, I would really benefit from having that thing, wouldn't I.

Top Bottom