• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with PS4 Pro enhancements will get a special icon so you can spot them easier

Aenima

Probably not.

Now imagine an OPS4/PS4S owner that (eventually?) understands what the sticker means but wasn't aware of that seeing all those badged games coming to the shelves of their shop of choice in a few months and staying there. Geez, I would really benefit from having that thing, wouldn't I.

U sir, understand marketing.

But the new badge may serve other purpose. Like all games will have a PS4 Pro mode, but that not meaning that all games will have graphic or performance enhancements if you playing on 1080p.
So the devs that will actually add extra viduals effects or performance to the PS4 Pro version, will get the badge, the others that are just a straight port from the base model, dont.

At least this is my understanding.

rdytoroll

TGh5t92.jpg

Unknown?

I think this confirms it won't be all games.

No it doesn't. We just had a thread for this and it's a sticker. Just like retailers used to slap greatest hits stickers on boxes that didn't have them when it got that status. Like already mentioned not all games that have been released will support it. Most consumers don't know when a game came out when it's on a shelf, they don't pay attention. Hence the stickers showing which games support the enhancements. We already know all games are required to have a Neo mode if they ship after a certain date just like how Sony forced all games to have trophies on the PS3.

spwolf

So where will this go? One of those tiny boxes in the back? That would make sense, because considering all games will have it its pointless and those boxes are generally for things that are pointless. Like do you really need for the box to say "DS4 Vibration" or "Remote Play Supported" either? I really don't get the point of any of those. :/

so lets slow down a little bit and realize that come november, there will be hundreds of games on shelves and in stores released before september, so not patched necessarily .

Persona7

Banned
I don't see why they couldn't just slap a sticker on the front.

Sony used to send out stickers for PS2 games that became "greatest hits" so old stock that store have could be updated as well. Literally a big red strip they would attach to the shrink wrap. Pretty funny.

No it doesn't. We just had a thread for this and it's a sticker. Just like retailers used to slap greatest hits stickers on boxes that didn't have them when it got that status. Like already mentioned not all games that have been released will support it. Most consumers don't know when a game came out when it's on a shelf, they don't pay attention. Hence the stickers showing which games support the enhancements. We already know all games are required to have a Neo mode if they ship after a certain date just like how Sony forced all games to have trophies on the PS3.

Thats not the faq says about new games getting a ps4 pro mode:

FAQ said:
Following PS4 Pro’s launch on November 10 in North America, virtually all new PS4 game releases moving forward will be able to take advantage of PS4 Pro capabilities on day one, or in some cases shortly after launch via a downloadable update

That reads like new games may have a ps4 pro mode not that they will have it.
It could be clearer.

Curufinwe

Pretty poor of Game Informer to claim this is about games being "compatibile" with the PS4 Pro.

@gameinformer PlayStation 4 Pro-compatible games will include a handy icon bit.ly/2chDYWB

Top Bottom