• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K17 |OT| It's the same game, yes it is!

DJKhaled

WWE-2k17-Pre-Order.jpg

Developer: Yuke's / Visual Concepts

Release Date: 11 October 2016

Platforms:
PlayStation 4
Xbox One
PlayStation 3
Xbox 360
PC (eventually)

New Features:
Exciting soundtrack curated by Diddy!!!!! Prepare for all your favourite Bad Boy artists.
Backstage Brawls, a brand new feature that was totally never removed from the games before.
A new submission system for the 100th game in a row.
Goldberg
And the biggest feature of all, 2K17 has the honour of being the most outdated WWE game ever released, featuring no brand split and all the old sets you knew and loved.

The score to beat WWE 2K16 is averaged at 73. If it beats that, then you can tell your friends (and yourself) 2K17 is better than last year.

Credit goes to DryvBy since I stole his thread layout but half assed it with the images because I wanted to truly embrace 2K and halfass everything I do.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My NXT Edition should have shipped before the weekend due to Thanksgiving but didn't, so I won't be getting it tomorrow :(

bigkrev

The fact that they made such an awesome TV ad for this game with the Downtown song makes me almost want to buy this.

Will probably pick up on Black Friday/Steam Sale and hate it as usual.

I know GAF loves to hate this game but I get enough enjoyment out of them every year to justify a purchase. I am looking forward to playing it.

DJKhaled

Wait... what the fuck, the game doesn't have the brand split...?
This happened months ago.

HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

To be fair, career mode will have it, but so did last years which makes no sense, they just wont have certain superstars on certain brands.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah, I cant find a single thing I like about this game series other than gifs of glitches.

This is the darkest timeline for wrestling games.

WrassleGAF's list of confirmed marks
( Support 2Trash )
Bluekaveli
BewareTheBatsie
FallingEdge
Kaladin
DJKhaled
Xaero Gravity
DoctorWho

shame.gif

It happened in July, that isn't really enough time. Plus, 2k16 let you split the brands just fine. There is no draft though.

July to October, 25% of the year, is only not enough time in the bizarro world of excuses that we (and Take2, and IGN) make for Yukes.

But then again, I'm one of those people who doesn't understand why Take2 insists on releasing this game in the most dead months of pro wrestling calendar every year, when they could delay it for another 6 months and release it the week before Wrestlemania and ride all of the HOF / Wrestlemania hype.

That said, though, you're right that you can setup Universe mode however you want so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I haven't followed wrestling for years, hardly play these games for more than a few weeks after launch, and yet seem to find myself wanting to pick them up at every launch. I am part of the problem. When do we get reviews? (Like the poor reviews this game is going to get is going to stop me from picking it up lol)

dreamfall

Baha, great OT title!

Like a sucker, every year, I pick this up. This year is no different - I'm going to miss the Showcase mode :/ The Austin career timeline was the fucking greatest.

I haven't followed wrestling for years, hardly play these games for more than a few weeks after launch, and yet seem to find myself wanting to pick them up at every launch. I am part of the problem. When do we get reviews? (Like the poor reviews this game is going to get is going to stop me from picking it up lol)

I'll spoil one review for you.

IGN: 8.5
WWE 2K16 WWE 2K17 takes a big step back towards being the exhaustive suite of wrestling wish-fulfillment it’s expected to be, but that, for me, is not the reason I’ll keep playing. I’ll keep defying gravity as Adrian Neville, and defying expectations as Dolph Ziggler, because WWE 2K16 WWE 2K17 is as close to a fusion of performance and competition as a wrestling game has ever gotten. That’s what I come to wrestling for, and that’s what 2K167 delivers.

*edit*

Someone has got to have the IGN preview quote thing saved, where every IGN preview of the WWE wrestling games for the last 6 or 7 years says nearly the exact same thing.

JohnDrake

I feel like they could make much better games, it isn't that hard. The game looks really ugly this year.I don't buy one since WWE 2K14.

adj_noun

ctgqCXZ.png

I've seen multiple videos of the promo system and I still don't understand it. It looks like picking random lines and getting a random reaction.

Purexed

Banned
Man... so many bugs and glitches so far. The collision detection feels worse than last year. There's a bunch of screen tearing going on as well (PS4), will probably sit this on a shelf until that first major patch hits.

Hasney

ctgqCXZ.png

I've seen multiple videos of the promo system and I still don't understand it. It looks like picking random lines and getting a random reaction.

Apparently you get the best reaction by staying close to your character based on those bar things from last year and what type of crowd you're in front of. I don't know what the latter part means, maybe snark towns like you to shoot?

Yukes made DoR 1 & 2 with the AKI engine and those games were great.

No, that was a whole new engine with former AKI staff that joined Yuke's.

DJKhaled

Will this unlock on Xbox California time or Eastern time? being in Australia it's already the 11th but I have to wait for it to unlock in America.

Hasney

Man... so many bugs and glitches so far. The collision detection feels worse than last year. There's a bunch of screen tearing going on as well (PS4), will probably sit this on a shelf until that first major patch hits.

Oof. Have you had the 11gb day 1 patch yet?

BroBot

I'm streaming women creation mode and creating an arena tonight at 12:30am est. I'll be creating a Gaf arena thursday. I figure most streams show male wrestlers so I'm going to specialize with the women stuff.

I don't watch wrestling or play wrestling games.

However, I'm gonna watch the fuck out of newLegacy play this cause they're gonna break the game in about five minutes and it's gonna be amazing.

Top Bottom