• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K17 |OT| It's the same game, yes it is!

Zach

WrassleGAF's list of confirmed marks
( Support 2Trash )
Bluekaveli
BewareTheBatsie
FallingEdge
Kaladin
DJKhaled
Xaero Gravity
DoctorWho

shame.gif
No, not my client FallingEdge! :O

P.S. I'm still considering buying it for my brother as a police academy graduation gift. I'll let you know when to add me to the list of confirmed marks.

Xilo

Is there a reason 2k17 looks so ridiculously bad? Are these PS3/X360 screenshots or something? I have 2k16 on Xbox One, and while it doesn't look amazing or anything, it does look pretty alright most of the time. these 2k17 screenshots look terrible in comparison.

zkorejo

I wasn't getting this anyway but really? No brand split in universe? I guess it can be done manually like 2k16 though.

No showcase mode, same char models, same arenas.. backstage brawl is useless. no point in getting this if you have 2k16 I guess.

Hasney

Is there a reason 2k17 looks so ridiculously bad? Are these PS3/X360 screenshots or something? I have 2k16 on Xbox One, and while it doesn't look amazing or anything, it does look pretty alright most of the time. these 2k17 screenshots look terrible in comparison.

Nope, this gen. Go play a divas mat h on 2k16 though and see that the models this year are somehow improved. They were even worse in 2k16.

Xilo

Nope, this gen. Go play a divas mat h on 2k16 though and see that the models this year are somehow improved. They were even worse in 2k16.

The divas were definitely terrible in 2k16, but I kinda chalked that up to WWE not taking women wrestling seriously.

I love how Yikes obviously doesn't watch wrestling and aren't fans of it. They also still have the models with bulging eyes that are about to break out of the wrestler heads. PS3 level models.

Xilo

I love how Yikes obviously doesn't watch wrestling and aren't fans of it. They also still have the models with bulging eyes that are about to break out of the wrestler heads. PS3 level models.

Pretty early gen ps3 models for some of the wrestlers. Natalya looks straight terrible.

They should get another developer in there and do alternating years

Even if Yukes were capable of fixing their games (which i don't think they are) the short cycle is killing any chance of that

Hasney

They should get another developer in there and do alternating years

Even if Yukes were capable of fixing their games (which i don't think they are) the short cycle is killing any chance of that

By the looks of these streams, by not having to work on Showcase and concentrate on gameplay, they've made it more glitchy.

Xilo

By the looks of these streams, by not having to work on Showcase and concentrate on gameplay, they've made it more glitchy.

So it's not just me. I am watching a twitch stream and it actually looks jankier than 2k16 was by a long shot. It looks almost more like a smackdown vs raw game.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready for another disappointing year, Yukes.

Gn7OCmv.jpg

enewtabie

I've never understood why updated entrance music couldn't be patched into the games. At least it would keep the creation part semi accurate.

Hasney

I've never understood why updated entrance music couldn't be patched into the games. At least it would keep the creation part semi accurate.

Wince other games let you import custom files from a USB stick on PS4, they could just do that too. But no, of course they won't.

There are about 60 generic themes this year at least.

DJKhaled

Having to see Brock's dick tattoo while the game loads is not nice

EDIT: surprised there's already so many community creations.

cordy

Banned
I can't afford a game right now but whenever I can I'll get either this, FFXV or even Destiny: The Full Collection on PS4 (given I haven't even played beyond the initial Destiny) so man I hope that they deliver with this game. I just don't get these guys. I fell into the 2K15 hype and I haven't played a wrestling game since I got that and even then I stopped a few weeks after I got it.

They just need to take a year off of something. Make dlc for all of next year's title and then come back better than ever. Hell if not that, why don't they have a Turbo Mode in options to make the game faster or at least something similar? Making it quicker would be a ton more fun than it is now.

Hasney

Moves through the cell ceiling don't seem to be working right nymore. Irish whip only... *sigh*. Can't jump through either.

damn If i had known this would have never bought it.
Can one cancel preorders from cdkeys?

Not sure, but their service has been good with me in the past. Hit them up..

Hasney

nL on Sashs Banks entrance: "Is this an entrance of someone mocking Sahsa Banks entrance?" :lol

4 Way womens table match.

hlhbk

Doesn't have a story mode which is the only reason I ever play the WWE games. Passing on this years game.

rockyt

Serious question are those really screenshot from the game? If they are they kinda look bad. Another question for game on wrestling with not a lot going on beside the ring where is there so many glitches judging base on the glitch. If this was an open world game I can understand, but this is a small world enclosed ring. Sorry just trying to make sense of things about this game.

Top Bottom