• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K17 |OT| It's the same game, yes it is!

I love how Yikes obviously doesn't watch wrestling and aren't fans of it. They also still have the models with bulging eyes that are about to break out of the wrestler heads. PS3 level models.

Yuke's owned New Japan Pro Wrestling several years ago and created the first 3D wrestling games ever. They're fans of wrestling - but the use of a game engine from the PS1 era now does have its limits. With that said, I have really had a lot of fun with the game. It improves a lot of little things and match flow is better here than it was last year - and it was already outstanding.

Hasney

Serious question are those really screenshot from the game? If they are they kinda look bad. Another question for game on wrestling with not a lot going on beside the ring where is there so many glitches judging base on the glitch. If this was an open world game I can understand, but this is a small world enclosed ring. Sorry just trying to make sense of things about this game.

Yeah they're real screenshots. Most of the glitches are from the physics engine, which would be fine because things interact with things weird and it can break, but this is the 6th year in a row.

Hasney

SqtLJ3F.gif

I thought we were getting that NXT DLC. Will that only be in the collectors edition for now?

Yup, it's exclusive for some time.

Serious question are those really screenshot from the game? If they are they kinda look bad. Another question for game on wrestling with not a lot going on beside the ring where is there so many glitches judging base on the glitch. If this was an open world game I can understand, but this is a small world enclosed ring. Sorry just trying to make sense of things about this game.

Not only are those screenshots real. Some of them are PR bullshots in ideal conditions

Put me on the list.

I ordered from TGC, not arriving until at least tomorrow due them not get tickets until today.

Last time I bought a wrestling game full price day one was Smackdown Smackdown Raw 2006.

Hasney

LMAO, Universe is still booking matches you can't actually play in normal modes. Only this time, it's a tag team last man standing match.

T_Exige

So nothing has changed? Another year ... *goes back to playing WWE 13 on PS3* -> Custom music!!
I know, I should buy WWE 14, but I don't want to create 35 caws from 0, unless it is a good current gen game.

delSai

I told myself i wouldn't buy but im weak and did anyway. Last Wrestling game i got was WWE12. I dont expect a lot and i doubt ill enjoy it as much as the older games but fuck it. As long as Creation features are alright i can spend quiet a few hours with 2k17

Xater

I know GAF loves to hate this game but I get enough enjoyment out of them every year to justify a purchase. I am looking forward to playing it.

I don't love to hate. I would much rather just have a great wrestling game to play. This is the only one that exists and it's shit.

s_mirage

Welp.

Please bring back AKI and save us next year. All I ask for is to bring the No Mercy/Day of Reckoning control system with current generation levels of presentation.

I really don't think that would help. With only a year to develop the game, and I assume a significantly lesser budget than something like FIFA, any developer would be struggling. Besides, Day of Reckoning was a Yuke's game. They were capable of creating damn fun games before they were ground down into churning out yearly rehashes that "simulate" wrestling.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

That needs to be a nope gif stat.

EDIT: Whats sad is 2K17 could be completely serviceable if they simply overhauled their graphics engine and fixed the crazy bugs. Yukes doesn't even need to ape AKI either. Get rid of that chain wrestling shit, use a control scheme similar to HCTP, give people the create and GM modes they enjoy and boom. At least its a solid game.

The lack of any graphical improvements since 2012(?) really shows how little anyone involved cares. We knw about TNA, even SDvsRaw 2009 looks worlds better than this. I'd say the later PS2 games and DOR2 looked better than this. This is pure shit.

Enjoyed what I played so far. I really appreciate the speed of community creations stuff this year. Menus are fast and so are the downloads.

Had a great back and forth match between Becky and Bayley. One thing I am already having trouble with is submissions. New button mashing doesn't work too well. I might go back to r-stick to see if they have improved it.

I'm not seeing the grapple mini game at all but I know it's in there.

No, not my client FallingEdge! :O

P.S. I'm still considering buying it for my brother as a police academy graduation gift. I'll let you know when to add me to the list of confirmed marks.

I hope you got him the police academy bluray set when he started

I really don't think that would help. With only a year to develop the game, and I assume a significantly lesser budget than something like FIFA, any developer would be struggling. Besides, Day of Reckoning was a Yuke's game. They were capable of creating damn fun games before they were ground down into churning out yearly rehashes that "simulate" wrestling.

This is Yuke's THIRD eighth gen wrestling game.

Even if they created a new engine from scratch, which I doubt, there should be zero bugs at this point. You can't lay the blame for this solely on the devtime, there's too much wrong for an engine that's been around since at least 2014 and probably a lot longer.

Hasney

Enjoyed what I played so far. I really appreciate the speed of community creations stuff this year. Menus are fast and so are the downloads.

Had a great back and forth match between Becky and Bayley. One thing I am already having trouble with is submissions. New button mashing doesn't work too well. I might go back to r-stick to see if they have improved it.

I'm not seeing the grapple mini game at all but I know it's in there.

The tie-up thing that's been in the last two? Do American Alpha against each other in a normal match and if it doesn't happen there, it's at least not on by default.

Are the submissions any easier to pull off/break out of in 2k17?

They have two systems now. The button mash system isn't easy at all. I did the dis-arm-her about four times on Bayley and I couldn't get a tap. Haven't tried last year's system at all yet so maybe they made that easier.

They have two systems now. The button mash system isn't easy at all. I did the dis-arm-her about four times on Bayley and I couldn't get a tap. Haven't tried last year's system at all yet so maybe they made that easier.

Last year's system was a case of twirling the thumbstick to chase or run from the opponents reticle. As the interface wasn't very responsive it made it a total fucking nightmare to use, particularly in the Attitude era campaign, as to progress you have to make Bret Hart submit.

atomsk

Party Pooper
In the US
I just got a delay email from Best Buy till 11/1 on my nxt edition!! Did anyone else get the same

I got the normal "pick up your order" email yesterday.

Going to be pretty pissed if they don't have it when I get there at 10am.

Pretty sure they left the page up wayyyyy too long, I got in my order the day it went up.

Wait

It doesn't have the brand split? Ahahahahahahaa I'll stick to 2k16

What does having the "brand split" even mean?

You want to be able to specifically assign superstars to Raw or Smackdown (or anything else for that matter)? Well, that's been in for years.

You want separate titles for each show? That's in.

There is no draft system but you could just do that yourself anyway.

I am speaking about Universe BTW.

Sephzilla

@ everyone surprised the brand split isn't in this game.

These trash games are always at least 6 months outdated by the time they release.

Rellik

I'll gett it for £5 in a Steam sale, create a wrestler, have 2 matches and then never touch it again.

Wait... what the fuck, the game doesn't have the brand split...?
This happened months ago.

HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Wrestlemania is usually the cut off date.

Top Bottom