• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreleased Final Fantasy XV Commercial: VISCERAL ACTION

Ray Down

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0DRUbtVVE

sQec.gif

uQec.gif

tQec.gif

Never played a Final Fantasy game before, but the shift to a more action focused combat system might get me to take the plunge.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Man, beautiful Andromeda news and beautiful FFXV news.

Couple all that with my love of cats and Star Trek coming back to television and I'm finding newfound reason to believe life is a beautiful place.

I am such a nerd.

Go_Ly_Dow

Stunning set pieces is what could make this game stand head and shoulders above many other open world RPGs.

The commercial looks promising. Please deliver!

.JayZii

Banned
It feels like they have a lot of story/set piece stuff still up their sleeves. I've been following this game closely for a long time, and I still feel like I'll be going in pretty fresh.

Teknoman

It feels like they have a lot of story/set piece stuff still up their sleeves. I've been following this game closely for a long time, and I still feel like I'll be going in pretty fresh.

I hope so. Too many games get spoiled via trailers leading to release. I hope youtubers dont go nuts with thumbnail spoilers either.

Realistically, we've only really seen the first 5 chapters worth of content in any sort of depth. Chapters 10-15 remain a relative mystery.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'll admit, I worry every time I see fellow fans say they think Square is holding back a ton of setpieces and the like. I know the comparison is old hat, but... massive MGSV flashbacks.

Astral Dog

Never played a Final Fantasy game before, but the shift to a more action focused combat system might get me to take the plunge.
I think it was actually the reverse, they changed the combat to a sligthly more typical jrpg system from the Kingdom Hearts esque combat system they planned at first.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think it was actually the reverse, they changed the combat to a sligthly more typical jrpg system from the Kingdom Hearts esque combat system they planned at first.

I'll definitely play in Wait Mode. I feel dirty playing a mainline FF game in real time.

I'll admit, I worry every time I see fellow fans say they think Square is holding back a ton of setpieces and the like. I know the comparison is old hat, but... massive MGSV flashbacks.
While I think the whole MGSV debacle definitely justifies the worry, I'd say that the fact that we're just now seeing glimpses of new setpieces this close to release is a good thing.

Top Bottom