• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura Wants to Make a New Dissidia Final Fantasy Game

GFbZNvYaUAAV1mL

Square Enix recently hosted a sixth-anniversary broadcast for their soon-to-be-closed mobile game Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, in which the final plans for the title, including future hopes, were discussed amongst the staff.

Alongside the revelation that there are no plans for an offline version of the game, and the story will be fully uploaded onto YouTube, Tetsuya Nomura has expressed a desire for the team to create a new Dissidia Final Fantasy entry at some point in the future. Specifics weren’t stated, such as whether this would be another gacha game or a console experience, but the notion is thrilling nonetheless.
The previous Dissidia entry was Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, which was a pretty disappointing time for many, as storyline and character interaction were sidelined in favor of competitive play. This was in direct contrast with the PSP titles, which were more akin to story-heavy action RPGs with fighting game elements strewn about. While probably unlikely, a remaster of Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy or a new entry in the same vein entirely would be a dream come true.

As of now, the development team is planning on crafting an ending for Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia that satisfies fans.

Codes 208

I want proper Dissidia game like Dissidia 012 on PSP, not 3v3 hero type of game like we got with NT.......I was so addicted to Dissidia 012

Dissidia_Duodecim_012_Final_Fantasy.png
Ok yeah, thats the one i played on my friend’s psp back in middle school

I would happily get back into ff for that

kiphalfton

Stay.in.your.lane

ADHD levels off the charts.

Just release KH4, and then Verum Rex (i.e. Versus FFXIII) and be done with your career.

YES PLEASE 🙏🏼

I loved NT warts and all. There was nothing else like it, I do wish 1v1 was a thing, but man, some of the best 3v3 real time strategy battles anywhere were found in this game.

I would love another entry. Would be a day 1 game for me.

Edit.
Yes NT lacked single player content too, if they fixed that it would be great.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Make a new DFFOO but collab with Cygames. Would play a FF version of Relink(so good) in a heartbeat. See you in 10 years for that to happen though.

I very much enjoyed Dissidia and Duodecim. Played for hours with those. Didn't bother with NT because it was multiplayer only.

People wanted NT to be a non-handheld Dissidia game and what you got was not that.

I flocked to DFFOO because it was the closest you would get to Dissidia from a lore perspective. But now that too will no longer be an option.

Instead of Dissidia 2 we are just looking in disgust at Ever Crisis. Mega oof.

Neon Xenon

Dissidia 012 Duodecim is one of my most played PSP games. I haven't completely finished the game and I've been wanting to go back in and clear the final story scenario. DIssidia NT didn't really hit as much as Square Enix probably wanted it to, but it's something I've been curious about trying (might be a bit late for that now, though).

All said and done, I would be down to see another full-fledged attempt at a new Dissidia game, more in the style of the two PSP games, but on the level of something you would see for a console. And yet, I'd rather not see this getting monkey's pawed.

Larxia

Stay.in.your.lane

ADHD levels off the charts.

Just release KH4, and then Verum Rex (i.e. Versus FFXIII) and be done with your career.
I don't think "Verum Rex" will ever be a thing, this whole stuff is just going to be part of KH IV.
I also don't want for Verum Rex to be a thing because I kind of dream, even if it will never happen, for an actual VS XIII / XV remake one day with the original vision, and Verum Rex is already quite different from that.

Meanwhile I'm so sick of my Versus XIII Insomnia dream never happening, that I decided to do it myself lol

(Still a work in progress)

Also, I really don't want him to be done with his career, but being realistic that will happen at some point. I know some people hate him, but I love what he does, it just really speaks to me and it's so specific and unique, there really is just something about Nomura's work that I really love. I will forever be sad about what happened with XV.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
As someone who bought the games on psp day one and kinda pretended they were good for years smh...these games SUCK

EHRGEIZ 2 PLZ!

Last edited:
I want proper Dissidia game like Dissidia 012 on PSP, not 3v3 hero type of game like we got with NT.......I was so addicted to Dissidia 012

Dissidia_Duodecim_012_Final_Fantasy.png
Yes this. Psp dissidia was so different than that multiplayer focused game we got on ps4. I was so bummed out as I loved dissidia 1 ans 012.

Each character played different and the game board with multiple battle arenas was great. There was also a ton to unlock. Don't know how they can go back to that or if they realize that those games had a different feel that nt couldn't hope to replicate. I wonder if it was just a product of its time and system?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Each character played different and the game board with multiple battle arenas was great. There was also a ton to unlock. Don't know how they can go back to that or if they realize that those games had a different feel that nt couldn't hope to replicate. I wonder if it was just a product of its time and system?
Because SE decided to turn Dissidia series to Arcade game, it first released on arcade then later on came to consoles, this is why it MP focus compare previous games.

In my opinion it was stupid decision.....NT was NOT AT ALL what wanted out of Dissidia on console.

Last edited:

Quartermuncher

Neo Member
I noped out of the ps4 one when it told me i needed to purchase credit to advance past the first cutscene in story mode. Instant uninstall.

Id buy one without shenanigans though. Maybe on a buy one get one free like last time!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
It’s about time after that horrible turn of genre and direction they had with NT. Dissidia is a jrpg first and foremost with a battle system a la brawl fighter games and they have to expand on that instead of going to the multiplayer arcade experience like last time. Actually do more: make it the KH of FFs… original protagonist that travels through connected FF universes and meet all the characters we love. Especially my waifu Lightning!

sigmaZ

I think they would have to complete redo things and I don't think he is the one to do it right so no.

Top Bottom