• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN]Square Enix Hoping to Release Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trilogy's Finale by 2027, Part III main story is finished

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wouldn't callout a sequel. It's more like a retelling.
But in the Remake the characters start getting visions of what happened in Advent Children which take place after the OG FFVII.

Maybe not sequel and rather different timeline, it basically what happened in Drakengard 3....

Drakengard 3 starts out as prequel to original Drakengard but halfway through because of Accord's interference it goes to its own timeline, its no longer connecter original Drakengard or Nier.

Last edited:

E-Cat

If Part III releases in 2027, the time from the first Remake trailer to Part III will have been two-thirds of the time it took from the original FF7 to the first Remake trailer.

Kumomeme

It is remarkable of they manage to fit an entire trilogy of this scope and quality to a single generation. It’s like PS3 era pacing.
PS3 pacing not good indicator IMO. Rebirth is way way better.

FF13 took 5 years. no town, empty world, super linear corridor too. even each monster took around 1 month to develop.

both 13-2 and LR13 took only 2 years with towns and tons of content but, it is massively on lower production value with recycled assets than 13 which is obviously play part in their speedy output or it gonna be another 13 development hell.

while Rebirth basically has tons and more of content on its open world map and towns. all is within 3 years. usually this kind of production value and content would take atleat 5 years and they did it within merely 3 years which is outstanding. another open world game manage to do this is Witcher 3. basically Rebirth is what the quality and content scale they want to achieve since PS3 era but only manage to get it, 2 generation later.

Last edited:
They gotta recoup Rebirth first
We really don’t know how much money they spent on Rebirth.
Starting by a development time of like 3 years to Sonys involvement from marketing to probably mocap etc…the game wasn’t close to being expensive for SE as like a TLOU2 was for Sony or something.

Kumomeme

Not necessarily, from a story, design and pre-production perspective part 3 is already complete and will be even more straightforward than Rebirth from the sounds of things.

CBU1 is comprosied of multiple staff who have been both directors/producers, such as Hamaguchi, Nomura, Toriyama, Kitase etc and so between them I'd think they have capacity to work on other projects aside from FF7, such as FF17 or an FF10.

Also well before development wraps up for the final game they can start moving over staff to something new.

It's hard to say at this stage, so it will be interesting to see which staff and division ends up leading it.
i dont think they has any intention to split or change current development team roster. they emphasize over and over again one of reason they can has very smooth development is due to they retain same team for Rebirth and they intend to carry same momentum with next 3rd part. so i dont think the team will has any major change atleast until they completely done with VII Remake. atmost there might be change in team structure like some younger staff might get promoted etc. but nothing more.

i hope even once they done, they should not has a massive change on the team too. they should retain, carry this same team's performance and momentum on next mainline FF. this team deserve a mainline FF and Square Enix been searching for right formula and team that able to carry this vision for years. they hope Luminous Production can do it, but they not up to the bar. CBU3 also still new and they end up take different philosophy for 16 despite having experience from MMO development and i wont hope for anything on their next project until there is a legitimate information. for now so far, this VII Remake CBU1 team might be the 'answer' they been looking for. imagine new mainline FF with scale and content as Rebirth. basically the FF they want to do and what fans want all these time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom