• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeming surge of hate crimes, assaults, intimidation in wake of Trump victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
No statistics on this yet, so yada yada selective filtering whatever this is from just five minutes of looking through my Twitter feed.

This is fucking terrifying

Cw2iRoTXcAIlC85.jpg

Cw2bC1vUUAAWxyd.jpg:large

X2yY94z.png

Cw3QxiqXEAEQQxG.jpg:large

Cw2OLfiWgAI6qEa.jpg

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yes. One of my friends was essentially told he needs to be deported because he was speaking spanish to a spanish-speaking customer at his workplace this morning.

Not

Banned
Show these to everyone. As long as we can still use it freely, let the Internet shine a light on everything like in no other age previously.

Dyle

Horrific images. I posted this in the anecdote thread, my closest encounter with electoral hate
I recently graduated from a liberal-arts school in Wisconsin and today there was a guy walking around town dressed like a medieval knight carrying a trump flag, flipping off people. Tons of my friends, professors, and other students have expressed their fear of this becoming the new normal in Wisconsin, especially since this kind of disgusting public display has gotten radically worse over the last year and has targeted individual students.

I've never felt more powerless and wish I could do what my peers on campus are doing by going out in town and helping protect minority students from abuse.

ryseing

Apparently electing a racist allows for open displays of racism to be acceptable now.

This fucking country.

DrSlek

Iamshocked.jpg

Really, after the Brexit shitfest we all knew this was coming if Trump won.He's gonna be the "Law and Order" President, but only if you're a white conservative.

Yay.

But hey we minorities need to not divide the nation and fall in line.

*sigh*

Yeah we have to be the ones reaching across the lane, m i rite? Don't rock the boat and everything!

It's gonna get worse. Trump normalized alot of bigotry. I hope those fuckers that didn't vote are happy, those pieces of shit.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It is gonna be scary in the coming years. This is what he believes in and some of his supporters as well. 2 steps forward 100 steps back.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am afraid for the Muslims of America :(

Especially the women who wear hijabs :( You can bet they will become much more scared to even walk out on the streets right now :(

Kimawolf

Show this shit to people in the OTHER thread talking about "unity" and be "cool" and don't overreact etc.

This is just proof we need our own liberal movement, something more forceful than what we got now. We need our own liberal version of the Tea Party movement. they got shit done in the end even if the "movement" died out, trump is now president.

We need to mobilize and get organized like them and play the same dirty games, if not for our sake ,then for our kids sake.

As I said in another thread: I was walking down the street with my girl. Truck with 4 dudes drove by and they yelled out "Trump won niggers, white lives matter".

She's Muslim but doesn't wear a hijab, I can only imagine what would have happened if she was wearing one.

My mother said there was a fight at her job, Clinton and Trump Supporter got into a fight, they fired the Trump supporter because he punch first, it was heated argument but the white Trump supporter couldn't handle the truth about the candidate he supports..

GtwoK

What can people even do about this? People will get attacked, and you're supposed to what, report it to the police? Seems like at this point, you'd be lucky if the police don't beat you more.

Holy shit, America.

RainForce

Banned
Yeah, saw things on my feed from a teacher about a Muslim girl getting bullied specifically over the election.

It's only going to get worse, isn't it :(

Numb

I am afraid for the Muslims of America :(

Especially the women who wear hijabs :( You can bet they will become much more scared to even walk out on the streets right now :(

As I said in another thread: I was walking down the street with my girl. Truck with 4 dudes drove by and they yelled out "Trump won niggers, white lives matter".

She's Muslim but doesn't wear a hijab, I can only imagine what would have happened if she was wearing one.
Sad tale
Women with hijabs
Make sure not to be out alone

Don't worry guys, all we have to do is educate these fine folks. We've been told that's the right thing to do.

The voters have allowed this to be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom