• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus 3T Due to be Announced Today. Details in Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
oneplus-3t-teaser.png

To watch the steam it will be on the OnePlus facebook page. The Stream is due to start at 1PM EST/ 7PM GMT

https://www.facebook.com/oneplusofficial/

Event Video

What we know so far

Snapdragon 821 confirmed running at 2.35GHz

It was this time last year OnePlus announced the OnePlus X, which would make many assume an upgrade to that phone would be imminent. It is not. From what the company says there are no plans to release a OnePlus X2, and the OnePlus X is the last of its line. This is no reflection on the success or popularity of its OnePlus X, but merely that the company wants to focus on its flagship model instead.

It's too early for a OnePlus 4, with the OnePlus 3 on sale only in June 2016, but rumours surrounding a OnePlus 3T are hotting up, particularly after China’s Compulsory Certification was awarded to a new OnePlus phone on 29 August.

The original rumours of a new OnePlus flagship phone appear to have stemmed from the fact OnePlus is failing to keep up with demand for its OnePlus 3 - despite being available only since June, some users are reporting delivery times of four- to five weeks.

Allegedly, this is because the company is finding it difficult to source sufficient quantities of the AMOLED display used on the OnePlus 3, and is considering a move to LCD. However, this has since been ruled out by OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei, who says the company is still manufacturing the OnePlus 3 and has no plans to move to LCD from AMOLED. Rather, it wants consumers to one day view its optic AMOLED as better than standard AMOLED.

PCAdvisor Article

Carn82

Im still more than happy with my current OP3; phone delivers on all fronts for a very sensible price. So I'm not interested in upgrading, but interesting to see what OP will do with it.

I remember thinking to myself "oh, that OnePlus One seems too good to be true, think I'll wait for the next revision..."

Bought the OnePlus 2 on launch due to people raving about the OnePlus One... Hands down the worst fucking phone I've ever bought, minimal support from the company, firmware updates that do nothing, zero support when it comes to your phone totally shitting the bed. Then they go and release the OnePlus 3 and it gets rave reviews...

Fully expecting the OnePlus 3T, or whatever it'll actually be called, to be a proper piece of shit. OnePlus are the absolute kings of the "top of the range, but affordable" smartphone line.

Carn82

Bought the OnePlus 2 on launch due to people raving about the OnePlus One... Hands down the worst fucking phone I've ever bought, minimal support from the company, firmware updates that do nothing, zero support when it comes to your phone totally shitting the bed. Then they go and release the OnePlus 3 and it gets rave reviews...

For what it's worth, I've had a handful of updates for my OP3 (bought it in July) and Android 7 is coming. Can't say anything about long-term updates though, its my first OP.

Bought a OnePlus 3 a couple of weeks ago and it's been great. This one seems to be both a spec and price upgrade, so for most people I'd probably still recommend the regular 3.

m23

I still have my one plus one, very interested in what they have in store. It's about time I upgrade so it'll be between this and the regular 3 model.

My One Plus One doesn't hold a charge for more than a couple hours of usage and really chugs when doing anything remotely intensive so I'm interested in whatever they've got to announce.

bezel-less is the new fingerprint sensor.

Does the OP3's fingerprint sensor have a problem?

My One Plus One doesn't hold a charge for more than a couple hours of usage and really chugs when doing anything remotely intensive so I'm interested in whatever they've got to announce.

Mine still holds a charge similar to when I got it, don't think I'll be replacing it anytime soon. Smart phones have been boring, only thing I wish it had is nfc.

Bought a OnePlus 3 a couple of weeks ago and it's been great. This one seems to be both a spec and price upgrade, so for most people I'd probably still recommend the regular 3.

Mine literally just arrived, so I'm a little sad that this just came out. I was warned, but didn't heed the warning.

whitehawk

Banned
So slightly better processor, camera, and battery. Only $40 more for the 64gb version, so it's probably worth it in the US. $80 more in Canada I think.

Kayant

Meh I will live with my Oneplus3 I think. Only got my it about 3 weeks ago after waiting 3 weeks for it:p.

Improvements are nice but not enough for me to be too salty. If it was a near bezel-less design like the rumoured Meizu Pro 7 with qualcomm's new ultrasound finger print tech then I would be real salty.

I considered getting a OP3 recently as a major upgrade from my Moto G2 which went on my nerves with its low RAM meaning it couldn't even keep the firefox tab sessions saved when switching between apps and that's insanely annoying.

But the OP3 wasn't in stock in Germany so yeh, I might give this a try then.

Devil

Will the regular OP3 get cheaper because of the new revision? I'm seriously interested in one of these phones, I never owned anything close to something that could be called a "flagship" smartphone. I'm still on a S4 Mini...

Tagyhag

Hmmm, it's a good thing I didn't upgrade to the 3 yet. I had no idea they were going to do a revision, I'm curious to see what this new one has.

m23

Will the regular OP3 get cheaper because of the new revision? I'm seriously interested in one of these phones, I never owned anything close to something that could be called a "flagship" smartphone. I'm still on a S4 Mini...

Apparently the 3 is being discontinued...damn it. According to Business Insider.

whitehawk

Banned
Hmmm, it's a good thing I didn't upgrade to the 3 yet. I had no idea they were going to do a revision, I'm curious to see what this new one has.
better selfie camera, 400mah bigger battery, slightly faster processor. 128gb if you want to pay extra.

My dad literally just got the OP3 yesterday after I advised him to get it to replace his aging Galaxy Note 2...
Is the OP3T worth the upgrade? Canadian here.

I'm almost certain we are still at the return window.

Jeffrey

My dad literally just got the OP3 yesterday after I advised him to get it to replace his aging Galaxy Note 2...
Is the OP3T worth the upgrade? Canadian here.

I'm almost certain we are still at the return window.

bigger battery, better selfie camera, minor performance bump that you won't notice unless you are running benchmarks. Is that worth $40-80 to him?

bigger battery, better selfie camera, minor performance bump that you won't notice unless you are running benchmarks. Is that worth $40-80 to him?

Definitely gonna swing this thread by him: OP3 is a great purchase, but the purchase window is so close to the OP3T it's worth at least a consideration.

Tagyhag

better selfie camera, 400mah bigger battery, slightly faster processor. 128gb if you want to pay extra.

Hmmm, it might be worth it.

Unfortunately I feel like OPO phones are slowly creeping up their costs to the phones that they're supposed to be competitive against.

I was just about to buy a OnePlus 3 the other day so I'm glad I heard this news. Too bad they couldn't keep this refresh at $399. It's still probably the best high-end spec phone at this price.

Jeffrey

I was just about to buy a OnePlus 3 the other day so I'm glad I heard this news. Too bad they couldn't keep this refresh at $399. It's still probably the best high-end spec phone at this price.

or be smart about it :p

Just bought a barely used OP3 for $360 with some accessories.

Just keep your eye out on the secondary market.

PaulLFC

Given the OP3 was £329 and the 3T is £399, I grabbed an OP3 last night when it was briefly back in stock after the announcement.

The very slight upgrades don't warrant a £70 increase in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom