• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus 3T Due to be Announced Today. Details in Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Bought the OnePlus 2 on launch due to people raving about the OnePlus One... Hands down the worst fucking phone I've ever bought, minimal support from the company, firmware updates that do nothing, zero support when it comes to your phone totally shitting the bed. Then they go and release the OnePlus 3 and it gets rave reviews...
OP2 was plagued with issues before release, so I was always weary of getting it.

What else can they upgrade, op3 is already pretty dam top of the line.
BATTERY SIZE!!!

Maybe they can also improve the screen durability... Mine cracked and it's going to cost $100 to repair it. :/

That's a quarter of the phone's price, really sucks. I'm going to also have to buy a case, just to protect it.

EDIT:

The new 3400 mAh battery features a 13% increase in capacity over the OnePlus 3, so your phone has enough juice to take you through the day and beyond.

FUUUUUUUUUUU!

Given the OP3 was £329 and the 3T is £399, I grabbed an OP3 last night when it was briefly back in stock after the announcement.

The very slight upgrades don't warrant a £70 increase in my opinion.

That's weird, in euros the price difference is only 40€

Looks like the original is a bit cheaper while the new one is a bit more expensive than they are for us.

Renekton

I remember thinking to myself "oh, that OnePlus One seems too good to be true, think I'll wait for the next revision..."

Bought the OnePlus 2 on launch due to people raving about the OnePlus One... Hands down the worst fucking phone I've ever bought, minimal support from the company, firmware updates that do nothing, zero support when it comes to your phone totally shitting the bed. Then they go and release the OnePlus 3 and it gets rave reviews...

Fully expecting the OnePlus 3T, or whatever it'll actually be called, to be a proper piece of shit. OnePlus are the absolute kings of the "top of the range, but affordable" smartphone line.
People predicted OP2 issues even before launch thanks to the famous Snapdragon 810 struggles lol.

OP3T looks fine and sensible though.

PaulLFC

That's weird, in euros the price difference is only 40€

Looks like the original is a bit cheaper while the new one is a bit more expensive than they are for us.
Yeah, considering the OP3 was originally £309 and then got a price bump to £329, I'm not sure what the big difference this time is down to. Some can be attributed to currency conversion, but I was expecting £370-£380. £400 for those spec upgrades doesn't make sense, I'll put the £70 towards my next phone.

Donos

Was really really close to grabbing the Oneplus 3 because of 399€ but ended up with the HTC 10 since i can pay that monthly over my provider. The 64 GB with no sd slot was also one thing i choose the HTC 10 over the OP3. Size was another factor.
Had the One M8, which had some issues and i used a backup Galaxy Note 3. Since the OP3 is almost the same size i prefered the smaller htc10.

Still, OP3 is flagship specs for an unbeatable price if you can see over some little things.

Getting excellent reviews:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/21/oneplus-3t-review/

I was expecting a slight increment on endurance and wasn't quite prepared for the 3T's epic stamina. It lasted 16 hours and seven minutes on Engadget's battery test, which involves looping an HD video with the screen set to 50 percent brightness until the device conks out. That's almost six hours more than the OnePlus 3's runtime, and two hours longer than the Google Pixel XL, which has a 3,450mAh bank.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/21/13698156/oneplus-3t-review-price-specs-value

That leads to the question of do the improvements justify the 3T’s higher cost, and I think they do. For $40 more, you get a phone with better battery life; for $80 more, you get that better battery life and twice as much storage. The OnePlus 3T remains the best overall smartphone value you can buy, when balancing performance, features, and experience versus price.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/oneplus-3t-review

If you’re looking for a flagship smartphone but don’t want to break the bank on the latest Samsung or iPhone the answer here is simple: yes, buy the OnePlus 3T – you won’t be disappointed.

Hell, even if your budget can stretch to the handsets from the bigger names we urge you to at least consider the OnePlus 3T.

abracadaver

This will be my next phone!

Having an iPhone 6S now I hope the camera of the 3T can keep up with that.

Will order on monday.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
That extra battery life would sure be good. I have a cheap phone that with similar use, can last two days without charging.

OP3 can barely manage a full day. I don't know if it's because of the stronger CPU eating away at the reserves, but it's really annoying. I honestly want to do some research and see if I can under clock it.

Sucks that the OP3T has a bigger battery. :(

That extra battery life would sure be good. I have a cheap phone that with similar use, can last two days without charging.

OP3 can barely manage a full day. I don't know if it's because of the stronger CPU eating away at the reserves, but it's really annoying. I honestly want to do some research and see if I can under clock it.

Sucks that the OP3T has a bigger battery. :(

With the OP3T they adjusted the CPU so that it drains the same power as the OP3 would, so clearly they recognised an issue with it.

Charcoal

Ordered this last night with an expected delivery on the 28th! It's going to be my first android phone and I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom