• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need a Shadow of the Colossus 2

JawzPause

Now when i say sotc 2, i don't mean a direct sequel to the story necessarily but just a similar game (like dark souls 1/2/3)

Whilst playing the last guardian, there's a particular scene (some spoilers) which gave a glimpse as to what a current gen sotc game could be like.

Sotc is clearly a game made ahead of its time and i think with current gen hardware we could have a phenomenal game.

What do you guys think?

Should i just go ahead and make a petition?😅

Cess007

Part of me says: "Yes, now they can make one with all the unused colossus that didn't make the cut in the 1st game"

Other part of me says: "No, we reaaally don't need SotC2"

So, yeah, I'm torn here.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think not.

Not everything needs to be copied and iterated upon in that specific way. We already have monster hunter clones for example.

I already think souls was stretched to its limit, and now everyone wants every game to be souls.

Its irritating.

A full on remastering sure but a sequel has no place. Wouldn't mind if they used sotc as their main inspiration the way ico shares a lot with last guardian.

And by remastering I mean visual and technical improvements. No actual changes other than that should be implemented.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
OP people like you are the reason we're getting an FLCL 2, aren't you?

That's different.

Some of us freaked the fuck out in our earlier years because of a lack of resolution between Haruko and Naota and i always thought a timeskip was a perfect way to resolve that

and i read a lot of fanfiction at that point in my life

Sami+

Honestly I'd rather have a remake from Sony Japan Studios with Ueda in an advisory/non-directional role so he can guide them in the right direction while still being free to work on something new at Gen Design.

JawzPause

A full on remastering sure but a sequel has no place. Wouldn't mind if they used sotc as their main inspiration the way ico shares a lot with last guardian.
A remaster would be the next best thing although I'd prefer new colossi set in the same universe.

Also as to people saying no, realise that I'm not saying a direct sequel to the first but a sort of spiritual successor.

keidashxd

I'd rather play Ico 2 than a SOTC 2, not another empty world please (by the time it was ok, now some content is much more appreciated)

Its such a unique game and nothing has ever tried that type of gameplay where climbing the giant boss is the challenge. Games that have taken inspiration just did half the work and put giant bosses in their games but never had gameplay that took advantage of them. It would be quick time events OR you just back at their feet until they die or a combo of those two.

I would be OK if someone wanted to make a shameless clone of SOTC.

Illucio

Banned
I wouldn't mind if someone else takes the reigns and make a more streamlined Shadow of the Colossus "sequel"

But we have to expect that it's nothing but solving puzzles by trying to kill colossi and nothing more. The magic won't be there but the game is fun enough as it is.

Edit:

Prey of the Gods.

Upcoming game that looks SotC like.

http://www.preyforthegods.com/

I WAS excited for this game until I saw the smaller enemies, the thick dark souls vibe they were going for, and that the amount of bosses would be extremely limited.

:/

I wouldn't be against it, but I'd be more fine with a full remake that uses current graphics technology and whatnot. A SotC that looks current gen would be stunning.

No. There are some games that could use a sequel. Shadow is not one of those games. In fact, I actually kind of like that Shadow is really the only game of it's kind. It makes it so much more unique in my opinion.

Prey For The Gods is currently in development for PC, XBOX, and PS4 cause me and few thousand other backers on Kickstarter agree with you in spirit.

prey%20for%20the%20gods.jpg

edit: beaten lol

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
SotC is probably in my top 10 and we really dont need a sequel to it.

A spiritual successor in the vein of The Last Guardian is perfect. As I play I keep asking questions about where I am, how things were built and so forth. Sometimes I feel like the game world may be connected to SotC. Especially that room at the beginning with the shield, it reminded me of the temple from SotC.

Dice//

Banned
I really don't want this game to be the only one. I don't care if it IS a Shadow of the Colossus 2 or a spiritual successor (a genre of climbing giants like its own "metroidvania").

Sure OP, I'm in.

Mivey

It could about Agro's backstory leading to the events of the first game. How she learned to be such a stubborn beast.

SotC is my favourite game ever made and I even I think that's not a good idea. I would LOVE to see SotC on this engine though just because it's so damn pretty

CHC

I appreciate your presentation of this idea as not being a "direct sequel," but nevertheless I feel pretty content with where the game left off and I think that as a series, Ico, Shadow of the Colossues and The Last Guardian work really well together - each presents a different take on the themes of bonding and adventure, without there ever being much overlap or redundancy.

I would love if it could be updated because, by today's standards, SotC is quite unpleasant to actually play, but I don't feel the need for more colossi or another adventure in that world.

Top Bottom