• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need a Shadow of the Colossus 2

ghibli99

Man, people can't read. He doesn't want a direct sequel, just something similar. I too would love a game that had the grandeur, scope, and mystery of SOTC without it being too much like SOTC. It's a great thing, climbing these living, moving things. Adds a dynamic missing to most games with traversal mechanics.

Betty

Banned
It would be impressive to see a game with Collossi built on PS4 hardware, so I'd be down for it of course.

Doesn't need to have any connection to the first game mind.

Man, people can't read. He doesn't want a direct sequel, just something similar. I too would love a game that had the grandeur, scope, and mystery of SOTC without it being too much like SOTC. It's a great thing, climbing these living, moving things. Adds a dynamic missing to most games with traversal mechanics.

Zelda: BotW?

Afrit

JawzPause

Seriously man thank you, this is exactly what i was saying. Good to know some people actually read the original posts on gaf.

One of the things I like most about the Team Ico games is that they are 1 and done. I however wouldn't mind them remastering the games for every system going forward. I would gladly buy and play these games again on Playstation 10.

Anung

Un Rama
One of the things I like most about the Team Ico games is that they are 1 and done. I however wouldn't mind them remastering the games for every system going forward. I would gladly buy and play these games again on Playstation 10.

Part of the problem and all that but I'd gladly buy another Ico collection for PS4.

Also there is plenty of games out there that cribbed SOTC elements.

mcz117chief

Mate, when I play The Last Guardian the only thing I keep thinking about is how awesome it would be if we could have a game where you hunt Tricos in the ruins and such. It would be so amazing!

That part of the game along with another
(when you're flying on one of the predatory Tricos)
gave me huge Shadow of the Colossus flashbacks. I would be down for a remake.

Some weird hostile first replies. What gives?

Anyway, a multiplayer (co-op) SOTC like that old prototype would be fantastic.

I still want PS4 remasters of ICO and SOTC.

Icolin

Banned
That would be almost as wrong as The Last of Us getting a sequel.

What's wrong about TLOU getting a sequel? The ending of TLOU was great, but I don't think it's as conclusive as something like SOTC, so continuing the story isn't heresy or anything. Plus, I don't think that Naughty Dog had to do a sequel if they didn't want to, so I don't think it was an obligation for Naughty Dog to do TLOU2.

mortal

Nah.

This is how burnouts happen. Sometimes is good to leave well enough alone and move on to a new challenge, and I'm glad Fumito Ueda shares that belief.

A.Romero

SoTC is one of my favourite games of all times. It was a total surprise for me and I enjoyed to no end.

That said, I don't think there should be a sequel. The game told a beautiful story and it ended. I don't see any way they could continue the story without fucking up what they set up.

I do look forward to Prey for the Gods and I would play anything that Ueda released. I just don't think SoTC should have a sequel.

I'd be fine with a spiritual sequel. Doesn't even have to be made with Ueda. I think some one could make huge boss battles interesting again.

JawzPause

That part of the game along with another
(when you're flying on one of the predatory Tricos)
gave me huge Shadow of the Colossus flashbacks. I would be down for a remake.
Yep loved that part. I've had an itch to play something like sotc for about 15 years and that was the closest i got to it

morikaze

Banned
Ueda mentioned the possibility of a VR-based Shadow Of The Colossus remaster|remake in the recent interview with glixel. He seemed unsure that VR could be implemented in a broadly consumer friendly fashion, but I have hope that he and his team give it a shot. I realize that the Ico/Sotc collection on PS3 wasn't released that long ago, relatively speaking, but even if PSVR wasn't used for a potential SotC PS4 remaster, I would still love to play it.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
That would be cool. They could definitely add some creative enemies and items. Its not like the original game's "story" is all that sacred.

Was literally just saying to a friend how hollow and pointless a sequel to that game would feel.

Absolutely nothing in SotC sets up a sequel using that core gameplay at all. Can we leave nothing alone? Do some gamers still have no actual belief in creative purity anymore?

soultron

Banned
I'd rather see something new from Ueda & GEN. If it's a game that plays similar to ICO/SOTC/TLG,that's fine with me, but not a direct sequel, please.

Thread title is a bit misleading as it suggests OP wants a direct sequel, but the body text says something similar not a direct sequel. But that's kind of what TLG is, mechanically, even if you're not killing anything in the game.

Given there's no requirement to involve the same people, I could see a different studio iterating on the design - MercurySteam kind of tried in Lords of Shadow - but I don't think you'd want to evoke the same tone. The stuff around your bosses would need to be very different, and it would need to be good.

zoukka

I can't think of anything we need less.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-2-1280x720.jpg

ICO_SotC

Some of the Colossi that were supposedly cut at the last second were cool. I'd love to see a version that had more of what Ueda was envisioning.

JawzPause

I'd rather see something new from Ueda & GEN. If it's a game that plays similar to ICO/SOTC/TLG,that's fine with me, but not a direct sequel, please.

Thread title is a bit misleading as it suggests OP wants a direct sequel, but the body text says something similar not a direct sequel. But that's kind of what TLG is, mechanically, even if you're not killing anything in the game.
Ye maybe i should have worded it better...

Pretty sure I know what part you're talking about, and it made me think the same thing. I'd love to see how SoTC could be with modern tech

Top Bottom