• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R costs $50/£50/¥4980

Lucifon

Last week we found out that Konami hadn't revealed the official pricing for Super Bomberman R for the Switch. Well...here it is...

When Super Bomberman R for Nintendo Switch was announced last week, online shops listed it for £59.99.

Like most things Nintendo Switch related, the £60 price for the family party game seemed ridiculously expensive.

But Konami has cut the price by a tenner, the company said in a note to press today, which means Super Bomberman R for Nintendo Switch will retail for the slightly more palatable but still expensive £49.99.

Online shops currently carry the £59.99 price for the game, but Konami said they'll alter their pricing shortly.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-nintendo-switch-costs-50-not-60-konami-says

Huh. I've noticed the price of Switch games in the UK has been realigned recently, at least on Amazon:

Zelda's £49.99
1-2-Switch is £34.99
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is £44.99

Nintendo can't set prices in Europe so a lot comes down to wholesale price to retailers from publishers (and Nintendo itself in the case of first party games). So I'm guessing £49.99 will be the "RRP" for top end Switch games like your Zelda, Mario Kart, Dragon Quest Heroes, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, like how it is for the big games on PS4 and Xbox One. A recent example would be how Gravity Rush 2 has been £45-50 nearly everywhere in the run-up to launch.

1-2-Switch is £34.99, which is probably indicative of a lower tier pricing for some games. For instance, last gen, Game & Wario launched at this price point. I'd have expected Super Bomberman R to come in at that price tier, especially as Konami will be publishing on a 4GB game card, where Zelda comes in at 16GB.

...Or rather no one should be surprised since this is a launch title, and most of the Switch's target audience are going to get it anyway alongside Zelda. A brand new game in the series releasing in 2017, and on a game card to boot, is going to be irresistible for some.

Are you kidding me? Why did they tease the price reveal if it's pretty much what every placeholder is?

I'm getting it because I really want a new Bomberman game and the guys behind it deserve it but this is insane.
It does justify the price tag with extensive modes and a full story but I just don't know why they didn't come out with the price sooner.

jonno394

Ok, so this will hopefully drop down to £39.99 on amazon prior to launch and with the £2 off for Prime, £37.99.

£40 was the highest I'd accept, £30 was what I wanted :/

No thanks. I'd even be sceptical at charging £20, but considering this is the same price as Zelda and Mario Kart it's terrible value for money.

Family paid 45 quid for a port of Silent Scope at PS2 launch. Launches always have and always will be a rip off. Remember Fantavision? It was probably 40 quid.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What's strange is that, right now, on Amazon.de, it's 49.99 Euros, and it's currently $49.99 on Gamestop.com as well.

gossi

Oh my god. Has anybody else seen it running in person? It looks sub 720p, i.e. before HD. They're going to have huge problems shifting this.

TriAceJP

Did Konami themselves ever actually say it was a placeholder price? Or were yall being cheap and hoping it was?

It was $60, Konami said price not final, sites updated to $50.

It's safe to assume $50 is the final now but Konami still hasn't confirmed.

oti

Banned
This could've been THE +1 game at launch, Konami. And you ruined it.

1191763_o.gif

liquidtmd

Banned
At this point Switch news cannot surprise me

They are probably going to announce an exclusive phone app that you need to download to access konami specific multiplayer that requires an online sub but it's ok because you get a NES Metal Gear ROM to play for 12 days.

And it takes super power to get Bomberman to run so you need to buy a battery pack.

And it's 35GB so you cannot digitally download it without an SD card.

Oh my god. Has anybody else seen it running in person? It looks sub 720p, i.e. before HD. They're going to have huge problems shifting this.
Crossing my fingers that what they showed was an old demo build and the game runs native 1080p docked. I'll probably be disappointed because... you know... FucKonami

Axiom

I was super excited for Bomberman after the reveal but there's no way I'm paying full price for Bomberman on the scale they have shown. I don't trust Konami to make it worth that.

I literally didn't pre-order the game today because of that price

Lucifon

It was $60, Konami said price not final, sites updated to $50.

It's safe to assume $50 is the final now but Konami still hasn't confirmed.

Considering Switch games are RRP £60 in the UK and $60 in the US I'd say it's safe to say US RRP for Bomberman is $50 in the US now.

wrowa

I guess they think they can charge whatever due to the sparse launch line up. If you want another game alongside Zelda, there isn't much else to chose from, after all.

Kouriozan

Heh, as long as one of my favorite IP is back, I don't care about how much it'll cost <3
It's not like there is serious competition at launch, too.

ffvorax

LOL

39€ may be the fair price for a launch title.

Considering that these kind of games usually sell fine for 29€...

Waiting for PS4/PSVITA version. I will actually pay 39€ for it. But 49€ or more? No thx.

JP

Crazy.

I didn't realise that the £59.99 that retailers initially had it listed for was actually the official price, I thought it was just the go to price for listing new games and that it would drop to about £20 in time. This makes it seem like the £59.99 was actually the official price.

LaNaranja

I guess they think they can charge whatever due to the sparse launch line up. If you want another game alongside Zelda, there isn't much else to chose from, after all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335418
By now you’ve hopefully heard that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is coming to Nintendo Switch in retail form. What does it mean?
It means that there is more than just The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on launch.

Top Bottom