• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
So if Cleveland's cast-offs land in New England and New England's cast-offs land in Detroit, does that make Detroit Believeland-North?

dionysus

Yaldog
The Pats aren't trading Jimmy for anything less than a first round pick. The guy can play and if the Pats don't get a good offer for him they'll simply hold on to him in case something happens to Brady.

I still don't think they should trade him at all (unless they get a stupid good offer).

I think this depends on how long they think Brady will be able to play. If they think Brady has 3 (maybe even 2) or more years in him I doubt they want to sign Jimmy for market value just for him to be a backup. Maybe market value is less than Osweiler since that didn't work out, but I'd have to imagine he is 12+ million with how desperate teams are.

The Pats aren't trading Jimmy for anything less than a first round pick. The guy can play and if the Pats don't get a good offer for him they'll simply hold on to him in case something happens to Brady.

I still don't think they should trade him at all (unless they get a stupid good offer).

People said this same stupid bullshit about Ryan Mallett.

PeterGAF

Banned
I think this depends on how long they think Brady will be able to play. If they think Brady has 3 (maybe even 2) or more years in him I doubt they want to sign Jimmy for market value just for him to be a backup. Maybe market value is less than Osweiler since that didn't work out, but I'd have to imagine he is 12+ million with how desperate teams are.
no doubt the pats need to have a concrete plane with what they want to do with Brady over the long term. If he has two or three years left that would be next season (which Jimmy is under contract for) and then the 2018 season they'd have to either sign Jimmy or franchise tag him. If they have a plan they can try to work something out with Jimmy where he is a backup for a year or two under a new contract and then the team is his. Maybe Jimmy realizes he's in a good situation in New England and would be willing to stick around if he hits the free market. That's obviously a dream best case scenario but if it's possible that's the route they should take.

They'll likely trade him though. I'm a dreamer but I'm not delusional. But they're not trading him for less than a first. If they do that would be a mistake.

True. You're saying the same stupid Mallett shit about Garappallo,
Yeah but that's because Jimmy is good whereas Mallett was not. Not my fault that some stupid beat reporters and patriot fans talked up a bad player. Jimmy is the first Brady backup I've had any amount of confidence in.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah but that's because Jimmy is good whereas Mallett was not. Not my fault that some stupid beat reporters and patriot fans talked up a bad player. Jimmy is the first Brady backup I've had any amount of confidence in.

You either forgot about Doug Flutie or are wrong.

MechDX

you didn't answer my question

1st round QBs usually have played a full season

Love him all you want but Jimmy will just be another ho hum former Brady back up. Someone will get hosed and the fucking Pats just keep doing what they do because other teams are dumb

Bread

Banned
1st round QBs usually have played a full season

Love him all you want but Jimmy will just be another ho hum former Brady back up. Someone will get hosed and the fucking Pats just keep doing what they do because other teams are dumb
I can't believe you had him as your avatar...this betrayal will not be forgotten!!!!!!!

Talking FA stuff
https://mobile.twitter.com/Andy_Benoit
Andy Benoit ‏ @ Andy_Benoit 2m 2 minutes ago
Some team will likely pay # Patriots No. 3 S Duron Harmer No. 1 S type $$. # Lions did that with Tavon Wilson last yr, worked out well.

Andy Benoit ‏ @ Andy_Benoit 2m 2 minutes ago
Duron Harmon somewhat of a mystery. # Patriots scheme did not isolate him often, he was almost always the deep helper.

Andy Benoit ‏ @ Andy_Benoit 7m 7 minutes ago
Micah Hyde not a superstar but can change a defense’s makeup because of vast skill set. Can play LB, slot CB and both S positions.

Zelda=Ronald McDonald's creepy ass
Horizon= Mac Tonight

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom