• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Fans Pick Their Favorite Gundam Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

10. Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
9. Gundam Wing
8. Gundam SEED Destiny
7. Char's Counterattack
6. Gundam UC
5. Mobile Suit Gundam
4. G Gundam
3. Gundam 00
2. Gundam SEED
1. Iron-Blooded Orphans

G Gundam being under 00 is absolutely hideous.

Also I'm stunned that IBO is apparently super popular in Japan. I thought it was selling horribly IIRC.

I liked the first half of season 1 and the second half of season 2 of 00. SEED got more depressing as it went couldn't finish watching it and didn't even bother with Destiny.

What was the limited series about the male and female enemy soldiers get stranded together and fall in love?

I remember watching that on Toonami and liking it as a 13 year old.

No 0080, no Zeta, 08th team all the way at 10 instead of top 3.

Fuck this list!

What was the limited series about the male and female enemy soldiers get stranded together and fall in love?

That is the fantastic 08th team.

JCG

Technically speaking, I believe they were asked to name the most "emotional" Gundam series, which may not necessarily reflect their favorites, one way or another.

Technically speaking, I believe they were asked to name the most "emotional" Gundam series, which may not necessarily reflect their favorites, one way or another.

Then how is 0080 not on there?!?!

The only "emotions" that Seed, Seed Destiny, and 00 evoked were disgust.

george_us

8th MS team aka the best Gundam show on that list. G Gundam being that high also warms my heart.

Toxi

Banned
00 is like the opposite of emotional. Most of the characters are so cliche and inhuman, and the protagonists often feel like sociopaths or automatons. There are a few decent spots like season 1 Graham and season 2 Tieria, but otherwise it feels like the characters are only there to brood unconvincingly and get in pretty fights. Setsuna is a potentially interesting protagonist with his backstory, but he's completely wasted because he's gotta look "cool" 24/7.

00's not really awful like people tell me SEED Destiny is, just kinda meh, but the characters are easily the worst thing about the show.

67b.jpg

Where the hell is Zeta Gundam? War in the Pocket? Why is Seed Destiny on that list and not Victory Gundam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom