• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP Reporting.

AP said:
WASHINGTON (AP) — A government official says the Trump administration will revoke guidelines that say transgender students should be allowed to use bathrooms and locker rooms matching their chosen gender identity.

The decision would be a reversal of an Obama-era directive issued in May. It required public schools to grant bathroom access even if student records differ or others are uncomfortable. The White House says President Donald Trump believes the issue is for the states to decide without federal involvement.

Enjoy losing money, states that choose to discriminate.

NYR

donald-trump-rainbow-flag.jpg

Shiloa

Question. How does this guidance work? Doesn't it basically just mean all bathrooms are genderless? There's no registry of what gender someone 'feels' they are, so the rule applies to everyone.

Daria

And if Republicans win those too things will get even worse.

Hopefully this will swing some more right-wing LGBTQ members, along with military families due to the closure of child care centers for them.

Sadly I think it will be just like all the other mid term elections. I do hope that I'm wrong, would be glorious if dems could take control back.

Oh and screw Trump :/

Like mentioned above, i'm hoping that some of the families who voted for him during the general, they see how real agenda now and decide to go against their party.

Worst case scenario they stay home.

Why would Trump even care about this? He only cares about things that affect him directly. This is him listening to other republicans because they say very nice things about him.

Sadly I think it will be just like all the other mid term elections. I do hope that I'm wrong, would be glorious if dems could take control back.

Oh and screw Trump :/

dems took congress in 06 bc people were angry about iraq and moderate Republicans were either complacent or disillusioned. there's hope.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Whoever wrote that opinion piece saying that Trump could be one of the best presidents for

LGBTQ
Black
Latino
Jobless
Blue Collar
Middle Class

people can get stuffed.

ftfy

The only group he's actually delivering for is bigots. And that's the energy under his election. Don't even bother wasting our time with economic anxiety. Those people traded that for hatred and ignorance.

IronRaven

To think that there were people out there who actually thought he would be forward thinking in LGBTQ rights. Good greif.

So much for our "inclusive/standing for equality" President. Just another thing he lied his ass off about, and why people were saying don't believe a fucking thing he says about wanting to treat everyone as equals.

Any state that agrees to this, bye bye jobs, concerts, conventions, sporting events, etc.

In the 2018 elections, we're going to have to show up in record numbers to fight these evil fucks.

Daria

Why would Trump even care about this? He only cares about things that affect him directly. This is him listening to other republicans because they say very nice things about him.

Everything he does is due to 1) undoing anything related to Obama and 2) not understanding what the hell is going on so he's getting advice from people with no political experience or republicans who have been dreaming for these days to come.

Garlador

Remember this rage, people.

Never let it dissipate. Never concede an inch.

This is our battle, and we need to fight this regime and its injustice every single day, ceaselessly, relentlessly.

It's not your neighbor's job to rally the people to fight back against this. It's yours. Mine. Ours.

So let's accept this isn't going to be easy, and let's get to work. Mid-terms aren't close enough, so we have our work cut out for us.

You need to stop with these liberal purity tests. We need people like Bill Maher and Donald Trump.
I know you're joking but all kidding aside I remmeber Bill saying in his show once that his stance on this bullshit was, and I'm paraphrasing, "if you look like a man go to the men's restroom. If you look like a woman go to the ladie's room. It's that simple". Something I can support.

rjinaz

Everything he does is due to 1) undoing anything related to Obama and 2) not understanding what the hell is going on so he's getting advice from people with no political experience or republicans who have been dreaming for these days to come.
Seriously. We have a president that hates Obama more than he cares about his own people. His hate for a man guides the policies of this nation. Fanfrakintastic

I'm legitimately terrified of the day I start my transition. Shit like this? It's going to result in a rise in assaults. Guaranteed. It is legitimaizing bigotry and making people who already want to do these things feel vindicated and supported, because they fucking are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom