• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

show me the absolute BEST character design you can think of

Title says it all.

My pic:

6a702e95da92feef8c83480697bb21a9.jpg

Lara Croft from TR2, I'm pretty sure this costume design changed the way I view video game character design.

I always really like Ace Attorney as an example for good character designs. I think Dick Gumshoe is probably my favorite.

It's pretty easy to infer things from his design. He wears a tie so he should be formal, but the top button not being done shows he can't keep up the facade. The unshaven beard kinda suggests he hasn't been able to rest for a while. The trenchcoat and pencil kinda imply detective. The plaster shows he's both goofy and clumsy as well as hardworking, or willing to take a fall for the job. He may not work as a main character since his design wouldn't work for being iconic, but as a side character I've always really liked his design.

Miles Edgeworth and Phoenix also work as good examples imo.

tcrunch

I'm on a OW kick so I'm biased but Roadhog from Overwatch
vfkubpD.png

The gun holster on his back is also a pig
He's kawaii

Betty

Banned
/\ Roadhog is my husbando, love his design

mgs3.jpg

Naked Snake & The Boss, though I prefer Boss when her suit's zipped up.

I enjoy how the worst design thread is filled with serious replies, but there's a few sarcastic ones in this.

They better be sarcastic.

Cool drunk detective-guy Seabass from The Evil Within. Whatever you say about the game itself, he's pretty fly

the-evil-within-the-keeper-and-sebastian-castellanos-wallpaper.jpg

the-evil-within-wallpaper-1.jpg

He still looks good without it, but too bad there wasn't an option to get the trenchoat back.

Speaking of cool-jacket-losing...!

2f7feb955d9df39231bd47d312123843.jpg

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Frog2.jpg

Robo is probably my second favorite from Chrono Trigger. The whole cast is great, though. Dragon Quest enemies. A lot of Final Fantasy Tactics characters. Breath of the Wild and WInd Waker Link are also brilliant designs.

Top Bottom