• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suda51 Announces New Game - The 25th Ward: The Silver Case

Game is a remaster of the mobile phone only sequel to The Silver Case but may also consist of new content as well:

Teaser trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOpeGO_vC7U

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...astering-the-silver-case-sequel-the-25th-ward

Suda announced it on stage at BitSummit:
DAPX_NtUIAMh7y0.jpg

Blablurn

Im playing the silver case right now on ps4. It's really good. Glad he's bringing the sequel to a new generation as well.

SephLuis

Eh, it's just as much as a new game as Resident Evil Remake is, game is going to be rebuilt from the ground up on a new engine and a very little audience played this in Japan, even to Suda's fans over there very few played it before it was taken offline.

Being a mobile game, is it shorter than TSC ?

I hope this paves the way for a Sun, Flower and Rain port and, eventually, Killer 7. Or a new game in the Kill the Past series.

Guess I'll ask this here as well:
How is The Silver Case? Is the gameplay an good, or are we just here for the Story? Is the story good? Is it K7 levels of kooky or more grounded?
Ultimately, is it worth buying if I'm looking for a good story? What is the mood of the story? Dark? Humorous? What's the elevator pitch?
And if I do decide to buy it, is the PS4 version good? Or should I go with PC?

This art has me interested and I'm a fan of Suda's stories, just not his gameplay design, but I'm willing to put up with some bad game for a good story.

How is The Silver Case? Is the gameplay an good, or are we just here for the Story? Is the story good? Is it K7 levels of kooky or more grounded?
Ultimately, is it worth buying if I'm looking for a good story? What is the mood of the story? Dark? Humorous? What's the elevator pitch?

This art has me interested and I'm a fan of Suda's stories, just not his gameplay design, but I'm willing to put up with some bad game for a good story.

If you enjoy Suda's writing then that's all what The Silver Case is about, honestly. Going by your avatar you enjoy reading Manga? Imagine these games being sort of like an Interactive Manga of sorts, like a Visual Novel but done in Suda's style. There's a PC demo if you're unsure.

Being a mobile game, is it shorter than TSC ?

I hope this paves the way for a Sun, Flower and Rain port and, eventually, Killer 7. Or a new game in the Kill the Past series.

Even my good friend from Japan never got to play it before it got cut, so I have no idea, unfortunately. I'd imagine if it was they'd add in more scenarios like they eventually did with TSC DLC.

And i seriously hope we get a Flower, Sun & Rain remake too, that'd be awesome, wouldn't have to hold on to my DS copy anymore then. Killer7 HD Remaster is going to be tough with modern day Capcom. A new game in the series is pretty much a given now, it sounds like, Suda keeps talking about doing a new Kill The past game frequently to interviewers and fans at the Japanese conventions, saying he wonders where Sumio is in his life all these years later, this being influenced by David Lynch doing new Twin Peaks.

Clov

Really excited for this! Given that the Silver Case remaster had new content, this likely will as well... though since this was only available on really specific mobile phone services when it originally came out, the whole game is practically new content to most people. I'm very happy that this is finally getting translated.

Fisty

Capcom needs to get on the ball and put up the PS2 version of Killer 7 on PS4. We've had a severe lack of Suda on current gen platforms

Eolz

Capcom needs to get on the ball and put up the PS2 version of Killer 7 on PS4. We've had a severe lack of Suda on current gen platforms

I have better hope for it being on GC VC on Switch or the next platform tbh.
Capcom USA already said in a stream a while ago they have no proof of an audience big enough to justify a modern port, even if they'd love to.
That said, Suda also said that he'd like to talk with Capcom to make a port after proving those ones can be successful.

(on top of that, the PS2 version of K7 is really not as good as the GC one tbh)

Oreiller

I really should finish The Silver Case. Bought it day one on PC and loved what I played of it but life got on the way.
Excited for this though, can't wait.

WarRock

I more or less want to every frame of that teaser as a poster.

Just get it then. The gameplay is solving some very occasional easy peasy puzzles, except you can press a button in the UI that autosolves anything for you. The rest is walking around and reading.

Dark and humorous are some ways to put it, yeah, but I don't think someone can elevator pitch TSC's story. I'm not going to say the story is good, but the ride is absolutely worth it, the way the narrative presents itself with all the different audiovisual aspects and the general attitude of the characters and their relationship with the player is really unique and interesting.

WarRock

By the way, in a interview with USGamer, when asked about the new DLC chapters for TSC, Suda said:
There was about a year between when I knew I was gonna make The Silver Case and when it actually [started]. Within that, as I was writing things, every chapter or part took about 3-4 weeks, almost a month to do. It just physically took that long to do. And I had to spend a lot of time throwing myself completely into it. And this time, as I wrote my new chapter for the game, part of it was a rehabilitation for myself, to get used to it. Part of it was, as I mentioned earlier about Mr. Ooka, installing that into myself again. And I plan to continue the story even further, beyond what I’ve already added additionally in the new chapter. So I see that as a training to get ready for that, as well as building up my muscles one more time to really write a visual novel because it takes so much out of you to do so.

And about 25th:
What we want to do is continue, as we mentioned earlier, with Ward 25. We’re working with another company called AGM, Active Gaming Medium, who worked on the PC version of this game and did all the programming and things like that. There’s them, our company (Grasshopper Manufacture), and NIS America. It’s us three working together trying to allow this to become a series. To continue writing and working on this world, it’s obviously partially dependent on sales and things like that too, but being able to do that and turn this into a series going forward is something we strongly hope we can make happen.

SephLuis

Even my good friend from Japan never got to play it before it got cut, so I have no idea, unfortunately. I'd imagine if it was they'd add in more scenarios like they eventually did with TSC DLC.

And i seriously hope we get a Flower, Sun & Rain remake too, that'd be awesome, wouldn't have to hold on to my DS copy anymore then. Killer7 HD Remaster is going to be tough with modern day Capcom. A new game in the series is pretty much a given now, it sounds like, Suda keeps talking about doing a new Kill The past game frequently to interviewers and fans at the Japanese conventions, saying he wonders where Sumio is in his life all these years later, this being influenced by David Lynch doing new Twin Peaks.

For now, I am going with tempered expectations that it might be a much shorter game. From a quick search, it was released in 2005 and I don't think a long VN would suit mobile very well.

Even if he does create a few new chapters, I would also expect them to be quite short, just like the new ones in TSC. I think all the new ideas will be put into a new game.

So Ward 25 might be akin to a stop gap release. They released TSC, then Ward 25 (which, I think, it might be a short game) and then a new game or another re-release.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

why not get a PS3 or a PC? I played it over PC few months ago 😎

BBboy20

What we want to do is continue, as we mentioned earlier, with Ward 25. We're working with another company called AGM, Active Gaming Medium, who worked on the PC version of this game and did all the programming and things like that. There's them, our company (Grasshopper Manufacture), and NIS America. It's us three working together trying to allow this to become a series. To continue writing and working on this world, it's obviously partially dependent on sales and things like that too, but being able to do that and turn this into a series going forward is something we strongly hope we can make happen.
giphy.gif

so Playism (Active Gaming Media) is still involved going forward? That's great. Excellent news, also, one would think this also shares the certain to be rather high financial risk of such an endeavor.

Weren't there some rumors that The Silver Case was gonna get a Switch version? I'd double dip happily for that. Or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy an extra copy. I'd love to just block buy tons of them and pass them out to every Switch owner I see and share the wonderful bewilderment that the game may cause.

BBboy20

so Playism (Active Gaming Media) is still involved going forward? That's great. Excellent news, also, one would think this also shares the certain to be rather high financial risk of such an endeavor.

Weren't there some rumors that The Silver Case was gonna get a Switch version? I'd double dip happily for that. Or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy an extra copy. I'd love to just block buy tons of them and pass them out to every Switch owner I see and share the wonderful bewilderment that the game may cause.
oh, it's got anime in it...wait, is that...real person...whoa, now it looks CG....What Is Going On Here AAAGGGGGHHHHHH

Intel_89

The new chapters in the PS4 version pretty much gave this away but it's pretty cool nonetheless and I'll be sure to pick it up when it comes out in Europe (assuming it gets translated).

Clov

As Whiteout hints, 25th Ward is gonna be mental.

It has three different protagonists, too. Here's some chapter breakdowns from the original:

The original had three scenarios, here's some old art from the mobile version:
C-ibeP3V0AA0TyK.jpg

C-ibeP5UwAAyn0p.jpg

C-ibeP-UQAAhJvn.jpg

C-ibeP6UwAAg24e.jpg

There's every indication it's even more twisted than the first game.

Thanks to Row from twitter, here's the cast:
https://twitter.com/3_21stars/status/870826026372222978/photo/1

DBXKrt4UIAIDYiM.jpg

This is getting me pretty hyped! I can't believe that I'll finally get a chance to play this soon.

cj_iwakura

This is getting me pretty hyped! I can't believe that I'll finally get a chance to play this soon.

Easily my most hyped game of 2018(?), to think we're getting this and 428 is nothing short of surreal. TSC was already a miracle.

Easily my most hyped game of 2018(?), to think we're getting this and 428 is nothing short of surreal. TSC was already a miracle.
Waaittt, we’re getting 428?? I didn’t hear about that. That’s amazing.

I just looked it up & the news is all from last year saying it should already be out by now, have you heard anything since? Is there a release date?

cj_iwakura

Waaittt, we’re getting 428?? I didn’t hear about that. That’s amazing.

I just looked it up & the news is all from last year saying it should already be out by now, have you heard anything since? Is there a release date?
2018 is all Spike Chunsoft said.

Top Bottom