• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata shipments and digital sales top 1.5 million

Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for NieR: Automata have exceeded 1.5 million units, Square Enix announced.

The announcement comes nearly three months after the game reached one million shipments and digital sales.

NieR: Automata launched for PlayStation 4 in Japan on February 23, in North America on March 7, in Europe on March 10, and for PC worldwide on March 17.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/NieR_JPN/status/869381989182300160

Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/nier-automata-shipments-digital-sales-top-1-5-million#2YCxwwqleqAFJxe4.99

LotusHD

Banned
tumblr_olu1f0TdPl1w37294o1_r2_500.gif

I wonder how much of its success is due to the character design. It's incredible how much this game has sold compared to the original and Platinum's titles. The only thing I can attribute its success to is the PS4 demo.

chrono01

This is the happiest I've been in-regards to positive sales for a game in a long...long time. It couldn't be more well-deserved, either.

It makes me all emotional. ;_;

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I can see this game easily seeing 2 + million lifetime sales. Hell maybe even 3 million once it hits lower prices and has a couple big sales under its belt. Good for Yoko Taro, good for Platinum Games and good for Square Enix and of course, excellent for the fans.

Mifec

I can see this game easily seeing 2 + million lifetime sales. Hell maybe even 3 million once it hits lower prices and has a couple big sales under its belt. Good for Yoko Taro, good for Platinum Games and good for Square Enix and of course, excellent for the fans.

Yep most of them gonna be on steam like DS.

I wonder how much of its success is due to the character design. It's incredible how much this game has sold compared to the original and Platinum's titles.

I see fanart and cosplays of the main trio literally every day. I think it must have helped a lot.

500k in the past couple months is nuts - at this rate they'll easily break 2 million.

LotusHD

Banned
This is the happiest I've been in-regards to positive sales for a game in a long...long time. It couldn't be more well-deserved, either.

It makes me all emotional. ;_;

I don't blame you, I love underdog stuff like this. Cult classic from a guy whose previous works have had mixed (putting it lightly) receptions miraculously gets to make a sequel that turns out to be both highly acclaimed and is selling very well?

Good shit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bravo

Well deserved. It was my first Yoko Taro game and it resonated with me deeply. Love to see it be successful for him and for Platinum.

chrono01

I don't blame you, I love underdog stuff like this. Cult classic from a guy whose previous works have had mixed (putting it lightly) receptions miraculously gets to make a sequel that turns out to be both highly acclaimed and is selling very well?

Good shit.
Agreed on every account.

Toko Taro + Platinum + MONACA are amazing together. If they don't do a Ni3R (which I hope they do), here's hoping whatever it is that it's something they work on together. I'll be there Day One, no matter what it is.

The way these deals are usually structured the unfortunate thing is Platinum themselves likely aren't seeing much of this money as they were likely given a mostly flat rate / budget to make it with SE getting pretty much all the money moving forward from the sales. Hopefully some sort of bonus payout was worked out based on sales targets.

Either way Platinum should be able to charge / work out a better deal for themselves with the inevitable Nier 3

D-Man

Well deserved. This is one of my top 5 games of the year and I'm glad I went into it as blind as I did with the original NieR.

I need more Yoko Taro goodness!

Instro

Would be inclined to pick up the PC release sooner rather than later, but it sounds like they still haven't patched the issues it has.

LotusHD

Banned
No type of marketing for this game either so this is amazing

Nah, they had some, unless you mean like some AAA-type shit. It may not have been much, but aside from 2B's design, his brand of weirdness from the usual advertising we get probably helped somewhat. Probably.

jjngqlp.gif

Top Bottom