• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim shipments and digital sales top one million

Total shipments and digital sales for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim have surpassed one million units, publisher ATLUS and developer Vanillaware announced.
20230824_img.jpg

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim first launched for PlayStation 4 on November 28, 2019 in Japan, March 19, 2020 in Asia, and September 22, 2020 worldwide, followed by Switch on April 12, 2022 worldwide and April 14, 2022 in Japan.
Back in November 2022, the companies announced that the game had surpassed 800,000 sales worldwide.

SaintALia

Congrats to them. Went to check if it was on PC yet...and it's not. That sucks, currently playing through Muramasa, the Demon Blade, would have been great to pick this up right after I was finished. Dragon's Crown is also locked to PS platforms. I hope they look into porting some of their titles to PC or at least make it one of their platforms going forward, they would do well there.

Paltheos

I'm more surprised that it hadn't already passed a million.

Very creative and (typically for Vanillaware) beautiful game. Deserves the praise it gets.

I enjoyed it though I still prefer stuff like Dragon's Crown, Odin Sphere and Muramasa when it comes to Vanillaware. They've been quiet for a while, wonder what they are working on.

Power Pro

I really wanted to play it, it was sitting on my shelf for a long time. somewhere by accident, I got spoiled on the ending, so I'm kinda bummed and having an even harder time going to it. It sounds cool, but the impact of playing it is kinda ruined.

NanaMiku

One of the best game from Vanillaware. I hope they make another sci-fi game

13sentinels-ryoko-shinonome.gif

13 Sentinels was soooooo good! For me Vanillaware is up there as one of the best devs that needs to be treasured.
Even Yoko Taro loves them

Can you share a message to the fans that are looking forward to the release of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim?

Yoko Taro: “I think you must buy this game! The reason for that is—in order to keep the existence of this Japanese national treasure of a company known as Vanillaware, they must sell as many copies possible. I don’t care whether games of other companies sell, and I really wouldn’t care at all if Atlus were to go under! However, Vanillaware games are the one thing we can’t lose in Japan, so let’s all buy 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim!”

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I don't know about this one. I hated it.....I loved Odin Sphere, Muramasa and Dragon's Crown....but couldn't get into this.

Got the Unicorn Overlord CE pre-ordered though.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I had no idea Unicorn Overlords was even a thing. How in the fuck did I miss this?

Wish it wasnt a tactical RPG. I just cant with those types of games. Not enough patience let alone intelligence for em :messenger_pensive:

Top Bottom