• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashen - E3 2017 Gameplay Trailer

NeoRaider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_alSjWujdU

Ashen is an action role-playing game is about a wanderer in search of a place to call home. There is no sun, and the only natural light comes from eruptions that cover the land in ash. This is a world where nothing lasts, no matter how tightly you cling to it. At its core, Ashen is about forging relationships. Players can guide those they trust to their camp — together, you might just stand a chance.

Looks soooo good.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This was one of the coolest games shown off. Like a more cartoonish Dark Souls.

Capra

This looks really good! Definitely feeling the Dark Souls vibes.

Do we know if this is XBONE exclusive? Hard to tell with these conferences.

MCN

Banned
Saw the thread title, and thought that Stuart had made a game (possibly a Vinnie The Vole remake).

I am now disappointed.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Highlight of the show besides Ori 2 and the Blade Runner-eque game (keep forgetting the game). I'm up for indie Souls

This looks really good! Definitely feeling the Dark Souls vibes.

Do we know if this is XBONE exclusive? Hard to tell with these conferences.

"Console launch exclusive," so timed exclusive. Strange, as I thought Microsoft had locked its exclusivity down with Cuphead a couple years ago.

Artdayne

This game looks awesome. I love the use of light and darkness in this game, it's a core element and the combat looked at least pretty solid too.

Pooya

This looks really good but there was no date still, I remember they showed this last year too or was it 2 years ago?

Arkeband

Banned
It seemed like it was going for Bland Dark Souls. As in, remove faces and wash out textures, and bam, now it's "cartoony" with "it's own visual style" for half the work.

Artdayne

I didn't get a single Dark Souls vibe from this game at all. Believe it or not, combat and fighting enemies in games predates Dark Souls.

Elixist

looked like souls drawn in the dreams engine a bit. if that was real gameplay looked hella good and i be grabbin dat.

FelipeMGM

huh, so its no longer a MS Exclusive for life on consoles like Cuphead is?

Annapurna doing gods work buying out ex-exclusives (lol) from people, first they bought Edith Finch from Sony now this it seems

pr0cs

My favorite title shown thus far, love the artstyle and gameplay seems to follow the soulsborne mechanics so I'm interested.

Was a release date ever hinted at, I presume next year

I'd forgotten Annapurna was into game publishing now. If their game division is half as good as their movie division, they'll be a very welcome player.

Top Bottom