• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Beth/Tango, Mikami Exec Pr) E3 trailer. Out October 13

CrazyHal

https://youtu.be/f7JbFBq4NAo

EDIT: Some gameplay footage

EDIT 2: Screenshots

UGCCXTa.jpg

mcJCgVo.jpg

n7pf7NW.jpg

shfOIJr.jpg

QNuu1iE.jpg

tmJxceD.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Was that the protag from the first game at the end on the chair ? Looked like him in his EW1 outfit.

edit: I ask because the player character looks very different than Sebastian.

It's great we get more old school Reisdent Evil games now and we get The Evil Within games to scratch the itch for those who prefer action resi.

RedAssedApe

Banned
amazing that both of their games are coming out within weeks of one another. wonder why they didn't swap the dates though with halloween and all.

The only way out is in. Find out more about The Evil Within 2 on Bethesda.net: https://beth.games/2rKeDwz

You are Detective Sebastian Castellanos and at your lowest point. But when given a chance to save your daughter, you must enter a world filled with nightmares and discover the dark origins of a once-idyllic town to bring her back. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner as the world twists and warps around you. Will you face adversity head on with weapons and traps, or sneak through the shadows to survive? This is your one chance at redemption, and the only way out is in.

The Evil Within 2 releases worldwide Friday the 13th, October 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Sounds great!

DVCY201

It looks amazing! And hopefully,they won't have any engine hiccups

No Cross Platform, push these consoles Mikami

Neff

Very good trailer. I was impressed. Release date is a pleasant surprise, too.

Now we just need confirmation that Mikami is directing.

Ray Down

Banned
October is busy for Bethesda, look great deliver us a great Mikami.

Was that the protag from the first game at the end on the chair ? Looked like him in his EW1 outfit.

edit: I ask because the player character looks very different than Sebastian.

Nah its Joseph in the chair, just a slight redesign for Sebastian.

Gbraga

What a surprise to see this coming out this year, wow.

Definitely interested, the gameplay bits looked great.

Looks much much better than the first , which I still need to beat. I'm​ just so awful at it I can never get a good grip on what I'm doing and just die over and over.

Meia

Was disappointed with the first's abrupt changes in tone/gameplay, to the point where I wonder if they knew what they wanted the game to be to begin with. Still good game, so curious to see how this one winds up shaping up.

Either keep the stealth/limited ammo/feeling of dread exploring and lose the monster arenas, or just have those, not some hodgepodge of both please. :p

Looks fantastic. I wasn't even a fan of the first game (too janky with utterly baffling difficulty spikes), but I'm legitimately excited; the settings look great, it's creepy as hell and I love that they seem to be doubling down of the psychological horror elements. If the dev team can learn from the first's mistakes, Mikami could make another classic.

Jeff6851

Easy Allies reaction to release date was great. They spent some time talking about how there's a Friday the 13th in October.

Oreoleo

That was a great looking trailer. Hopefully they've smoothed out some of the rough edges of the first game. In Mikami I trust!

This year? Damn, that was quick.

They made a point about this during the conference, saying that everything shown would be out this year. It seems to be their MO now since the short turnaround time between Fallout 4's reveal and release.

For those that played the first, how well did it handle the story? These visuals, combined with the main focus being saving your daughter, seem like they could be really emotionally interesting if given to the right team.

CrazyHal

Hopefully the story this time won't be complete nonsense. I like out this one looks to be more personal what with been about Sebastian's daughter.

Top Bottom