• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Beth/Tango, Mikami Exec Pr) E3 trailer. Out October 13

tzvxTdA.gif

So fucking good. I can't believe it's out this year, been hoping for a sequel for so long.

Those graphics...

Cant wait for this one

chrono01

I believe in Mikami, but man I hope it's better than the first one. I don't know why, but I just couldn't finish it. :/

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Cauciously optimistic for this one. Hope it's not as messy as the first one, the level design is more coherent and the story easier to follow.

Even though we knew about it already, it was still a personal megaton for me... especially Firday the 13th, October THIS year.

Looks like they moved up engines, polished it hard, and I'm glad it looks basically the same but better.

I doubt there will be anything more relevant to my interests this E3 or this year.

that looks good, i hope it isn't open world or anything. Thank you so much Shinji.

This thing is a lot of Silent Hill isn't it? With a mix of RE and TLOU it seems

ZehDon

Gold Member
I really hoped they fixed the issues with the handling this time around, I legitimately traded it in because I just couldn't play it. Atrocious FOV and those black bars... ugh.

Xyber

Did not expect this year. Really hope they're not using idTech again but if they are and it looks that nice and clean then that's awesome. Day 1.

As long as they are using idTech 6, it should run and look great unless they completely mess it up. idTech 5 that was used for the first one was not a good engine in a lot of ways.

KiNolin

Hopefully there's much more gameplay at the showfloor. From the trailer it's hard to tell whether they fixed any problems of the first.

Jawmuncher

I believe in Mikami, but man I hope it's better than the first one. I don't know why, but I just couldn't finish it. :/

I absolutely hated the first one, but hot damn that looks interesting.

Same. Not a big fan of the first, but I am liking what I am seeing here.
If they listened to some of the feedback from last time, this could be great.

*Great in the sense that it is more highly received by all and isn't so divisive TEW fans.

Ninjimbo

That trailer was kinda underwhelming. The gameplay bits look like the first game all over again but with a nicer graphics.

The first game was awesome and all, but I didn't really want to revisit that world or these characters.

Might pass on this even though I love Mikami's games. I'm just tired of him making horror stuff. He's got more in him than this schlocky shit.

Neff

For those that played the first, how well did it handle the story? These visuals, combined with the main focus being saving your daughter, seem like they could be really emotionally interesting if given to the right team.

It's an interesting story and concept but the game delivers it in an obtuse way. Much of it is open to interpretation and we had a lot of fun here piecing it together at the time. The art book and the DLC shed further light on things.

I thought the leak said he was?

Just says 'from Shinji Mikami'. He's almost certainly producing it, but I want confirmation that he's directing too.

This thing is a lot of Silent Hill isn't it? With a mix of RE and TLOU it seems

The first game pays obvious homage to Silent Hill. And a mix of RE and TLoU is also very applicable.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Looks like I'm gonna have to deal with the spider lady again. I thought I made it clear the first time that the relationship was over.

rgoulart

This is the best trailer I've seen so far at this E3. The cinematic portion was moving and very well made and the gameplay scenes looks far better than the first game. The graphics are a huge improvement too. The first game's image looked too dirty and poluted at times, this seems to be much cleaner and smoother.

*Reads positive comments in thread*

*Watches trailer*

*Rubs eyes, and watches trailer again*

*Reads everyone positive reactions again*

... That was not good...

This comes out this year and all they showed was like 10 seconds of quickly cut clips of game play.

Maybe I'm just jaded because I felt the first TEW was incredibly mediocre but I was expecting them to show more of the actual game when its coming out so soon.

That gameplay looks great, though the description is confusing. What does Sebastien need redemption for? It's not like he gave up on figuring out the false fate of his family, and the drinking problems were after his daughter's "death".

Laura being present is also interesting. Is there a part of Ruvik from TEW infecting his mind or does Ruvik
through Leslie
enter STEM again?

//ARCANUM

Does the first game start to even resemble this? I played the first level or two of the first game and it seemed nothing like this to me. (All this white stuff?) Does it turn into this kinda thing or is this a brand new direction for the series?

Top Bottom