• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Beth/Tango, Mikami Exec Pr) E3 trailer. Out October 13

HeelPower

I hope they didnt replace the lantern with a generic flashlight.

It was a really unique and enjoyable aesthetic aspect of the first game.

Azzanadra

The Evil Within was my GOTY of 2014, despite being rough around the edges it made me incredibly tense and glued me to the screen. I am incredibly exited for this.

Does the first game start to even resemble this? I played the first level or two of the first game and it seemed nothing like this to me. (All this white stuff?) Does it turn into this kinda thing or is this a brand new direction for the series?

That really is more of a visual thing to represent the theme for the CGI trailer.

Some of the stuff like the cult and the city stuff in the gameplay bits does come into it later in the game.

Resonance

Someone refresh my memory,
Joseph
is still alive, right? Hopefully he shows up here, there is a lot of potential where previous characters can be fleshed out more

//ARCANUM

That really is more of a visual thing to represent the theme for the CGI trailer.

Some of the stuff like the cult and the city stuff in the gameplay bits does come into it later in the game.

Ah cool. The trailer was certainly effective. It makes me wanna go back and play the first one.

Caim

Someone refresh my memory,
Joseph
is still alive, right? Hopefully he shows up here, there is a lot of potential that characters can be fleshed out more

Technically yes, but it's left very ambiguous after the end of "The Consequence"

so1337

Does the first game start to even resemble this? I played the first level or two of the first game and it seemed nothing like this to me. (All this white stuff?) Does it turn into this kinda thing or is this a brand new direction for the series?
It looks a lot like the first one. The quick cuts make it look a little more action-packed. The weird heads appearing out of white liquid sort of resemble some of the imagery in the first one.
tew23-heads0424yc6.jpg

bukowski81

Looks amazing. The first one was very good, but it looked to be one of the games that suffered more for being cross gen. Will be interesting to see what they can do without that limitation.

Ivan

I'm a big fan of the first game.

The Evil Within is very hard to present through a trailer,it should really be played nice and slowly from the beginning .

I don't think this will disappoint...

Sanctuary

Wow, it sounds really different to the first game.

In terms of being a grab bag of different games and genres, it seems par for the course to me. Anyway, the previews have me more than intersted. I just hope the game doesn't have the same pacing problems as the first.

TreIII

Comes out on my birthday.

I think I may have a good contender for "birthday present to myself", if this ends up pleasing to my sight~!

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Looks interesting. The Ordinary World cover was bad though... the original Duran Duran song is one of my favs too, so that was disappointing.

So excited, Evil Within remains one of the best games of this generation for me. Really interested in seeing what direction they take it. If they can keep the fantastic art direction from the first and the quality of the encounter design and combat mechanics is up to par, plus they iron out the technical issues I think this could be one of the best games of the year. I expect it will be different from the first in many ways too though, and am interested in seeing what direction the new director will take it. Mikami has a good track record for choosing successors, so I'm not too concerned about creative control being turned over to someone else.

Can't believe it's only four months away.

Sanctuary

Sebastian is back with that weak ass police academy pistol.

Can't start out with a shotgun or super crossbow able to fire scifi bolts. Who feels powerless with a shotgun?

Oh great, a chromatic aberration monster that will make me literally sick.

Get it on PC (*build one for it if you have to).

I wonder if his base stat shakey aim will be back. I can keep my hand more still shooting a pistol than Sebastian.

Maybe he was secretly a junkie just before the events of the first game.

Top Bottom