• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 (PC/XB1/PS4, Beth/Tango, Mikami Exec Pr) E3 trailer. Out October 13

Going to be released soon and just few glimpse of gameplay? When are they going to show more? There is no otehr E3 in-between.
Look at Wolfenstein II: they showed enough to please the fans.

Shinji you the best!
tumblr_inline_oo9nb2s6Ks1tvfvmf_500.gif

Jawmuncher

I liked what I saw in the trailer. Cautiously Optimistic. I think reading a preview or two will be all I need. Just wanna know what engine they're on and what changes they made from the first game.

Gator86

Was disappointed with the first's abrupt changes in tone/gameplay, to the point where I wonder if they knew what they wanted the game to be to begin with. Still good game, so curious to see how this one winds up shaping up.

Either keep the stealth/limited ammo/feeling of dread exploring and lose the monster arenas, or just have those, not some hodgepodge of both please. :p

Agreed. EW1 was at it's best slow and tense, using stealth or creeping around looking for enemies. When the game turned into a bad RE4 clone, it struggled badly. I hope they can pull this off.

If Last of Us went full on horror, that's the visual vibe i got out of Evil Within 2, the first game at least to me was a the best survival horror experience in the last decade. That gameplay montage with that sweet smooth lighting/animation and effects work, couldnt have asked for more, cant wait for October 13th

Did not expect this year. Really hope they're not using idTech again but if they are and it looks that nice and clean then that's awesome. Day 1.

rgoulart

For those that played the first, how well did it handle the story? These visuals, combined with the main focus being saving your daughter, seem like they could be really emotionally interesting if given to the right team.

The story of the first game is complete non sense. I'm at chapter 12 (of 15) and I have no idea what's going on at all. With that said, it's a great game to scratch that resident evil 4 itch, and by the trailer, the sequel looks better in every way.

The Lamp

This is easily the most interesting horror franchise to come out of the past several years. Mikami's horror ideas are splendid and this was his chance to flesh them out. Can't wait to see what he does next!

HoJu

Looks cool but hope they spend less time on the story. Had no idea what was going on in the first and didn't care

I think The Evil Within is the worst retail game I've played to completion this generation top to bottom. It had terrible performance and bugs, the bosses were atrocious, the story was a mess, the music was uninspired and predictable, the designs of the enemies were uninteresting, the characters annoying, and on top of it all nothing in it was frightening to me as someone who doesn't really ever play horror games.

Yet, I'll try and give this one a chance as well. Trailer and gameplay looked kind of interesting.

Gbraga

For those that played the first, how well did it handle the story? These visuals, combined with the main focus being saving your daughter, seem like they could be really emotionally interesting if given to the right team.

It was actually an interesting story, imo, but it was more focused on its fiction, while this one seems to be much more personal, exploring the protagonist and his past, so I can't say if it's the kind of story that will be able to emotionally resonate with a lot of people because the first didn't even try.

I'm certainly intrigued, though, and it's quite an interesting premise, after the ending of the first game.

The story of the first game is complete non sense. I'm at chapter 12 (of 15) and I have no idea what's going on at all. With that said, it's a great game to scratch that resident evil 4 itch, and by the trailer, the sequel looks better in every way.
DLC will explain the story, but you can just watch on youtube if you don't want to fork over $20.

It's actually pretty intricate.

WinFonda

it looked like quite a big leap graphically, more diverse and colorful environments too

i didn't really notice any jank in the gameplay snippets

It was actually an interesting story, imo, but it was more focused on its fiction, while this one seems to be much more personal, exploring the protagonist and his past, so I can't say if it's the kind of story that will be able to emotionally resonate with a lot of people because the first didn't even try.

I'm certainly intrigued, though, and it's quite an interesting premise, after the ending of the first game.
Noted. I was more wanting to play the first game to get a RE4 experience, but this trailer made me wonder if there was a cool narrative I somehow didn't hear about.

Spoo

The tech actually looked pretty similar to what they used for the last game (id tech 5, modified).

Other than that, stoked.

Top Bottom