• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim coming to PSVR November 2017

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Ggl421myE

95777_27_2.png

A true, full-length open-world game for VR has arrived from award-winning developers, Bethesda Game Studios. Skyrim VR reimagines the complete epic fantasy masterpiece with an unparalleled sense of scale, depth, and immersion.  From battling ancient dragons to exploring rugged mountains and more, Skyrim VR brings to life a complete open world for you to experience any way you choose.  Skyrim VR includes the critically-acclaimed core game and official add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/skyrim/order

Physical Copy : https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/skyrim/order
Game will be utilizing Move controller.
Every DLC included, full game.

95777_27_2.png

Fuck me for buying Skyrim on PS4 last year. I haven't even played it -_-
Gonna rent it first and see how long I can last inside.

No but seriously the porting of this game is getting out of hand.
4K on X1X
Portable and Motion Controls on Switch
VR on PC/PS4
and I'm the poor sucker who got the platinum on my PS3 copy XD

MattyG

Banned
How is control with Move going to work? It doesn't have a stick, and even if you use a navigation that leaves either movement or turning without one. I really want it to work well that way but it seems like it could just as easily be a mess.

Alienous

Yeah, I'm interested.

I played a ton of Skyrim on PS3 and it'd be nice to have an extensive VR game that uses the PS Moves.

I wonder if you can steal things by picking them up and pocketing them.

Newk86

Oh man LITERALLY thieving a sword from behind a shop keeper's back! Because they just turned around.... IN VR! DEAD

JMY86

I love Skyrim but this game just will not die. I'm starting to think it actually may be 2022 before we get the next Elder Scrolls game.

Huh. I thought my ~150 hours on the 360 version meant I was never going to rebuy it and the special edition on ps4 didn't sway me either but if I had a psvr this would be one of the first games I'd pick up.

Did Skyrim always look this ugly?
It looks really dated compared to pretty much anything else at E3
It's a 6 year old open world game that was made for last gen consoles, of course it was going to look dated compared to upcoming games (that may still be downgraded) lol. It wasn't a stunner when it came put or anything but it still had decent armor and amazing sky boxes (and much improved character/face models compared to fo3/NV and oblivion).

Plus yeah they've gotta hit 60fps with an open world vr game on a 400 dollar console with dated hardware.

Tagyhag

On one hand, this is pretty cool.

On the other, vanilla Skyrim is really really bad compared to what you can mod it into. I don't think VR is going to alleviate those problems.

Still, I'll keep my eye on it, maybe they'll allow some mods?

Woorloog

Banned
Is 60FPS enough for VR? IIRC, isn't 90 supposed to be far better?

Not that Skyrim can do 90, the physics break if 60 FPS cap is removed (unless Bethesda has tweaked the engine behind the scenes).

Did Skyrim always look this ugly?
It looks really dated compared to pretty much anything else at E3

It is 6 years old game and in truth it was never really pretty game. So yeah, it looks kinda meh nowadays.

You probably hold down the T button to move forward and back let's be honest Skyrim's movement isn't all that great. Perfect fit for VR.

I love Skyrim but this game just will not die. I'm starting to think it actually may be 2022 before we get the next Elder Scrolls game.

It's definitely starting to look that way. Todd said for sure that they're working on a couple new IP and that's bound to throw a wrench into Beth's typical ES -> Fallout -> ES -> Fallout cycle.

I have to wonder what VR movement system they are going to use. But then again, I was almost certain that Far-point would make me sick but i have yet to feel any discomfort with that game.

I can't wait! I've been asking for Elder Scrolls VR since we started having VR be a thing again.

This was one of my top things to come out of that Sony conference for sure.

Top Bottom