• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim coming to PSVR November 2017

Planet

I still don't think a VR version is "just another cashgrab port". But they could have made it an upgrade, would have been more fair.

Is this another $60 bucks?

I really didnt enjoy Skyrim Remastered (and I was quite vocal about how janky it felt) - be interested to see if the VR version of it will be better (but I doubt it).

Crayon

I still don't think a VR version is "just another cashgrab port". But they could have made it an upgrade, would have been more fair.

I think it's fair as is. It's a significant retooling effort for a small audience that has been begging for something very similar to, if not exactly this game.

I have se and I'm only very mild annoyed to pay full price for this one. I mostly feel like it's fair in the scheme if things.

I'm wondering how they got it to 60fps when the game was CPU bound before. If it was entirely GPU bound.

One of the biggest surprises of the show for me.
Now I'm left wondering why Skyrim (non-VR) on PS4 Pro does not offer a 1080p60 option, along with the 4k30 one... surely CPU shouldn't be a problem, since apparently Skyrim VR will have to reach 60 fps on OG PS4.

What gives?

Now I'm left wondering why Skyrim (non-VR) on PS4 Pro does not offer a 1080p60 option, along with the 4k30 one... surely CPU shouldn't be a problem, since apparently Skyrim VR will have to reach 60 fps on OG PS4.

What gives?

I imagine the Special Edition of Skyrim on PS4 probably has a lot more graphical bells and whistles than Skyrim VR will.

Loudninja

PSblog impressions

I played Skyrim VR with a pair PS Move controllers, but Bethesda is building in DualShock 4 support as well. Each controller is mapped to one of your hands, and each hand can be equipped with a sword, shield or spell (or a bow and arrow, which occupies both hands).

Wielding a bow and arrow is especially fascinating. It’s a fairly one-to-one affair, requiring the player to maneuver the PS Move controllers into position to nock an arrow, hold the right trigger, pull the controller / arrow back, and release the trigger to send the projectile on its merry, violent way. I noticed no auto-aim assistance here, so it took me a few tries to actually peg an enemy soldier firing volleys back at me — all the more satisfying when I finally landed that precision shot and took him down.

During my demo, movement was controlled by holding the PS Move button on the left controller to bring up a blue orb, which you could then move to any spot within a few-foot radius, then let go to teleport there. Pressing the two bottom face buttons on the right PS Move controller shift your field of vision a few degrees to the left or right. Once I became more comfortable with this setup, I was blinking around mountain paths and through trap-filled dungeon hallways with blinding speed — unexpectedly making me feel more nimble and mobile than with standard controls. That said, Bethesda is planning to include options for more traditional movement, which players will be able to adjust depending on their comfort level.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-vr-is-a-frighteningly-empowering-experience/

Maligna

Banned
Are we going to be able to pick up and manipulate any item in the game with the moves?

Will the shields actually work 1 to 1? If an arrow is coming at my knee can I lower my hand to block low?

It's too bad Sony didn't put analog sticks on the Move wands or else that implementation would be pretty straight forward. I think there might be ways around it but I don't think they'll be very intuitive. Especially since Skyrim requires the option for ambidextrous control. Plenty of time until release so we'll see though. To be fair, I think it will be fine with teleport.

Are we going to be able to pick up and manipulate any item in the game with the moves?

Will the shields actually work 1 to 1? If an arrow is coming at my knee can I lower my hand to block low?
😂👍🏽 The most important question of our time.

Maligna

Banned
It's too bad Sony didn't put analog sticks on the Move wands or else that implementation would be pretty straight forward. I think there might be ways around it but I don't think they'll be very intuitive. Especially since Skyrim requires the option for ambidextrous control. Plenty of time until release so we'll see though. To be fair, I think it will be fine with teleport.

I'm hoping they are secretly working on new move controllers with sticks on them.

Obviously they should still work on this teleport thing for people who don't want to upgrade their controllers, but this game needs motion controls with full movement if we want maximum immersion.

Top Bottom