• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West coming soon to PC

Pejo

Neat. I'm gonna mod Aloy to be somewhat attractive and remove all the UHD raytraced facial hair and ResetEra can't stop me.

32-1602225217-305899811.png

drotahorror

You’re right of course but I find it difficult. It’s difficult both to stay away from the console version to play the PC version later and to play on consoles first and then stay away from the PC version later. I’ve double dipped many times. It’s frustrating.
Currently staying away from FF16, SM2. It’s hard. Will try to stay away from GTA6 on console. It’ll suck.
It can be annoying for sure. My plan with GoW:R was to buy physically, beat it fast as possible, sell on ebay. Then amazon delayed my order so I caved and bought it digitally due to impatience and I never even beat the game. Since HZD was on PC, I figured FW would be coming so I never went for it.

With GTA6, I do believe I'll preorder and beat it and then sell it. Then just wait for PC version. R* got me triple dipping on GTAV last time.

Cheaper? It's going to launch at full price and you'll have to wait at least 6-9 months before the price of the PC version drops below the lowest price of the PS5 version.
Looks like it's only $60 for PS5. Why would it not launch at $60 for PC? And I guarantee CDKeys and other sites will have it for $45 and under for pre-order. The only time I buy something full price is when I buy it on Steam. That is rare.

Fredrik

It can be annoying for sure. My plan with GoW:R was to buy physically, beat it fast as possible, sell on ebay. Then amazon delayed my order so I caved and bought it digitally due to impatience and I never even beat the game. Since HZD was on PC, I figured FW would be coming so I never went for it.

With GTA6, I do believe I'll preorder and beat it and then sell it. Then just wait for PC version. R* got me triple dipping on GTAV last time.

Looks like it's only $60 for PS5. Why would it not launch at $60 for PC? And I guarantee CDKeys and other sites will have it for $45 and under for pre-order. The only time I buy something full price is when I buy it on Steam. That is rare.
I’ve been all digital since 10 years back, when I double dip I literally buy the game twice, means $160 per game at my area. I want to say I’m done with this, no more PS versions, but I know I’ll cave in when it’s something truly great. I wish Sony would at least have some standards on how long the delays may be but we get no hints. TLOUP2 is still not out but Ratchet and Returnal is already out.

I loved the game but Sony had to go there in the DLC so I’m done with the series.
Isnt Horizon an RPG? In an RPG you're given choices. Horizon gives you dialogue choices to choose, as well as in the DLC as well. So there really isnt any "going there", unless thats what you choose. Lots of people are choosing to "go there" and acting like its forced.

drotahorror

I’ve been all digital since 10 years back, when I double dip I literally buy the game twice, means $160 per game at my area. I want to say I’m done with this, no more PS versions, but I know I’ll cave in when it’s something truly great. I wish Sony would at least have some standards on how long the delays may be but we get no hints. TLOUP2 is still not out but Ratchet and Returnal is already out.

Yea have plenty of legit double dips as well. RDR2 was one, digital on ps4 then on PC. I triple dipped HZD, bought digitally day 1, bought the physical complete, then bought on PC too.

It's a problem.

If Ghosts of Tsushima comes out on PC, that will be a triple dip as well.

I didn't love this game but I didn't hate it either. I'll pick it up on sale to play around in 60fps and with all settings cranked up. Also mods.

nowhat

I still have Horizon Zero Dawn in my Steam Library. Never played it honestly.
If/when you do, just a protip: the starting area is a chore/bore, do the tutorials and all that, but once you're ready, GTFO. You can clear the rest of the markers on the map later on if you're so inclined, but the game really starts/opens up once you reach that-one-location-beyond-the-desert. Also when it comes to gear, there are only three levels of each weapon (this is much improved in Forbidden West) - there's really no point getting the mid-tier gear, just wait later until all the vendors have the top level gear.

VinnyMac

The game wasn't as good as the first it was good don't get me wrong but honestly felt like an expansion. I'm glad pc players get to play it tho it's definitely still worth a playthrough

Currently playing through HZD on the Steam Deck. I will be double dipping for HFW, if it runs acceptably on the Deck. The portability and the fact that you can change the field of view makes it worth it. I do not know why these games have such low unchangeable FoV on the PS4. It is absolutely claustrophobic and has a huge negative impact on gameplay. I wouldn't mind giving up stable 30 fps just to go from 70 degrees to 90 degrees FoV.

Senua

Currently playing through HZD on the Steam Deck. I will be double dipping for HFW, if it runs acceptably on the Deck. The portability and the fact that you can change the field of view makes it worth it. I do not know why these games have such low unchangeable FoV on the PS4. It is absolutely claustrophobic and has a huge negative impact on gameplay. I wouldn't mind giving up stable 30 fps just to go from 70 degrees to 90 degrees FoV.
That's gonna be a tall order! maybe streaming is the way forward on that one

Thats not everyone though. I will say that, as someone with a 7900xt PC, the PS5 version is really impressive. Don’t crap on it just because “lol console suxxxxx”

Yeah im skipping Horizon as well. Got the platinum on PS5 but im good with one playthrough. GoW Ragnarok on the other hand is day 1 on PC.
The PS5 version looks great, but PC won’t be limited.

Hopefully but I think they'll just milk Horizon into the ground, it's a big success for them. Like TLoU with ND

I enjoyed Shadowfall a lot. I almost dropped the game because it seemed like a typical FPS game but then the story popped off and I loved it. So whatever they do next I'm ok with. There's still at least one more game left for Horizon based on the story but if they retire the series after that I'm ok with that. I typically don't like any series to go beyond 3 games. Yakuza games are the only ones who have been able to maintain my interest in the series with so many titles.

How do you all handle these late PC releases?
Already bought it on PS5, enjoyed it but stopped playing when Elden Ring released and never got around to start it again.
Now they’re going to get me to buy it again if it’s updated on PC. Sigh
Easy I don't play them on PS5, same with Switch. I play switch games at 8k 60fps on PC, why would I waste my time buying a game twice to just to play the inferior version first, too many good games available to play right now, there's no rush.

Is there any possibility they’ll add like path tracing to this game? The one thing that stood out as bad to me was the lighting and pop in

GTA6 destroys Cyberpunk based off what we saw in that trailer alone.
No it doesn't. Even the Digital Foundry analysis said as much, it has some better things like character models but many things are worse like for example the RT Reflections and I'm talking about launch Cyberpunk RT not Path traced Cyberpunk and certainly not the recently updated version with Restir, Path Traced Cyberpunk is a next gen (PS5) game as current gen consoles don't have anywhere near the power to run it.

Zathalus

And it is. Missing pixels, frames, better controllers support, 21:9 or more, mods, less lag, etc as I already pointed.
Most PC players would be able to play this at least FPS, less pixels, and more lag then the PS5 would. Not to mention that a tiny, tiny portion of PC gamers use 21:9 or better and the mods for this game would basically amount to nude skins and shitty reshades. By your criteria the vast majority of PC gamers would play an even more handicapped version of this game.

Sure, if you have a 3080 or better you are getting that better experience, but that amounts to 10% of PC gamers. So by your logic, most of PC gaming is handicapped which is obviously silly.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So, the wait will then be Ghost of tsushima, GOW Ragnarok and demons souls.

I think we will be caught up then, right?

Top Bottom