• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West coming soon to PC

winjer

Gold Member

Tn4GaR9.jpg

Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West, a deadly frontier that conceals mysterious new threats.

This Complete Edition allows you to enjoy the critically acclaimed Horizon Forbidden West™ in its entirety with bonus content, including the Burning Shores story expansion that picks up after the main game.

- Brave an expansive open world – discover distant lands, new enemies, rich cultures and striking characters.
- A majestic frontier – explore the lush forests, sunken cities and towering mountains of a far-future America.
- Confront new dangers – engage in strategic battles against enormous machines and mounted human enemies by using weapons, gear and traps crafted from salvaged parts.
- Unravel startling mysteries – uncover the secret behind Earth’s imminent collapse and unlock a hidden chapter in the ancient past… one that will change Aloy forever.

Already on my Steam wishlist.
Happy Cheer GIF by Minions

Fredrik

How do you all handle these late PC releases?
Already bought it on PS5, enjoyed it but stopped playing when Elden Ring released and never got around to start it again.
Now they’re going to get me to buy it again if it’s updated on PC. Sigh

Wishlisted, been waiting a while for this. I really enjoyed the first. Loved the story and just wandering around taking in all the details of the world.

Technologically remarkable and a blast to play

Could do without some of the pompousness of the political conversations (largely fictional but with certain modern points of controversy). Largely because the the dialogue is exhaustive and draining

TxKnight7

Do you only play console ports?
No, half life alyx is not on Console right now same with many games on steam/pc
star citizen etc even microsoft flight sim was first on PC i can list many games that was ported to consoles later Baldur's Gate 3 etc..
where is Squadron 42 Console port?

Last edited:
I got zero dawn for free and stopped playing due to boredom. West looks like an expanded version of the boring first game, so no plans to spend money or time on it no matter the platform.
Thank you I felt exactly the same but when I say this everyone looks at me as if I declared the earth was flat or something. Been a lifelong gamer hearing all the time about the "mighty sony first party exclusives" and I was not impressed. The only one that kinda clicked with me was "Days Gone". Since the first Horizon Zero I haven't touched another playstation port on the PC.

tmlDan

Thank you I felt exactly the same but when I say this everyone looks at me as if I declared the earth was flat or something. Been a lifelong gamer hearing all the time about the "mighty sony first party exclusives" and I was not impressed. The only one that kinda clicked with me was "Days Gone". Since the first Horizon Zero I haven't touched another playstation port on the PC.
What does this have to do with the topic? the console wars have already begun.

Filben

Already bought it on PS5, enjoyed it but stopped playing when Elden Ring released and never got around to start it again.
Simple, I don't buy. I have done it before because I thought the PC version changes the experience so much I will beat it again. In my experience: It doesn't. Unless the game is so fucking good you would have played it a second time regardless of the PC version, you'll probably don't finish it with a PC release if you played it before. The additional features are nice until you realise it's still the same game and you don't want to spent your (rare) time on this again and not on new games instead.

This will look insane maxed at 4K, 60fps. Hopefully people will mod in some ray tracing some how if it doesn't get official support.

CamHostage

I think the news is just that the Steam and Epic Store wishlist is now open? The game was announced for PC back in September.
(*Nope, no news even, they had PC pre-orders open in Sept when it was announced. So, this is just a reminder.)

Curious to see if it runs on Steam Deck. The first one did, and that seemed like a cool way to play this kind of long-form RPG grinder. This second one could conceivably get down into the low-spec range if need be (there was a PS4 version,) but the Burning Shores content was PS5-only and the PC port process should push system requirements higher. I believe there's not been a game yet with specs so demanding didn't run at least quasi-understandably on Deck (including every UE5 release) so this would be an unusual one to start the dividing line; so far no specs or Deck certification is listed for Forbidden West CE.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Imagine being hyped for a PS5 port and planning to use mouse and keyboard. Could never be me.
Never tried it myself with a M+KB since I play every PS port with a PS controller but I heard Zero Dawn plays great with a keyboard and mouse. The fact that it's almost a third-person shooter probably has a lot to do with this.

GHG

You handle it by simply purchasing it if you want to.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Last edited:

TxKnight7

Will be the best looking game on the platform, and the best looking thing until GTA6 on PS5PRO
Nah.. that would be Squadron 42 or Hellblade 2 until Crysis 4 released

And This is what DF said
( " Alan Wake 2 is the best looking game released so far this generation " Whether you're playing on PlayStation 5 in either of its quality modes, or on a PC)

I think Cyberpunk is still up there too with its superior ray tracing technology that not available with forbidden west
vnhZWiH.jpg

kzUdaUE.jpg

Top Bottom