• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo publishing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Switch

Shiggy

"Publisher: Nintendo"

https://e3.nintendo.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-switch

I guess that means they'll pour in some marketing money to ensure the game's success.

Also, as already known:
Gain gear Inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Tap compatible Legend of Zelda character amiibo figures (sold separately) to gain outfits and gear inspired by the series. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian shield, or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. The Legend of Zelda amiibo figures include those from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series, 30th Anniversary - The Legend of Zelda series, Super Smash Bros. series, and The Legend of Zelda series.

SalvaPot

Probably a smart decision, they need this game to sell millions if they want more third party support and ports like GTAV.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Probably a smart decision, they need this game to sell millions if they want more third party support and ports like GTAV.

no chance to both these statements

Big One

Banned
Lol that's interesting. I don't think it's necessary for Nintendo to publish the thing, but whatever. Hope it does well for them.

Pouring money into a port of 6 year old game, nice job.

This reminds me of the desperation Sony had when it came to Vita and third parties, unless you make some big fundamental changes to your third party strategy, you'll always be behind.

antonz

People keep talking about how Skyrim is 6 years old etc. and while I am not a fan of Skyrim myself I do understand just how big the game is.

Can now have Skyrim on the go no longer tethered to a TV. That will appeal to a lot of people. If Skyrim had no appeal Sony wouldn't have wanted Skyrim VR etc. Its a big series and Nintendo taking on the costs to put the game out makes plenty of sense as it establishes a relationship that until now did not exist with Bethseda.

DataGhost

I know it's a pipe dream, but I hope it does well enough so that Bethesda will bring other games to the Switch. I would love to play TES6 or Starfield (if it ever exists) on portable

arlucool

I've actually thought about that. I mean, dude's definitely more iconic than Bayonetta, and isn't any more out of place than Snake...

WAT?!?! D:
"Bayonetta, sweetie, I'm SO sorry, I'm so sorry that a ugly ass bitch like this would even say that, oh my god!"

Still no word on release date? I was kinda hoping his would be out his year, but I'm not sure Nintendo would want to clog up the fall release schedule when they have Mario and Xenoblade both coming out.

Well, the music choice in that trailer makes a bit more sense now.

I still don't think that trailer was put together by Nintendo at all. It was trash and I doubt Nintendo would treat a title they revealed the system with like that.

Expect a garage/rooftop party style commercial for this eventually that'll be a better demonstration.

Street Fighter IV on 3DS

That was a launch title with nothing else of quality on the horizon for months to come (the, in my opinion, superior Dead or Alive Dimensions released ~2 months later but was somewhat ignored due to the system flopping).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Still no word on release date? I was kinda hoping his would be out his year, but I'm not sure Nintendo would want to clog up the fall release schedule when they have Mario and Xenoblade both coming out.

holiday according to the PR I believe

Expected Nintendo to Publish it in Japan but figured Bethesda would handle the West. Interesting and hope they push it as I think it should sell decently for them.

redcrayon

Pouring money into a port of 6 year old game, nice job.
A six-year-old game that is still in the top twenty sellers each year unlike 99% of two-year-old games. Evergreen sellers make smart ports, especially at the start of a system's lifespan. Even SFIV on 3DS notched up a million sales over time.

A six-year-old game that is still in the top twenty sellers each year unlike 99% of two-year-old games. Evergreen sellers make smart ports, especially at the start of a system's lifespan. Even SFIV on 3DS notched up a million sales over time.

People made the same arguments for Call of Duty on Wii U, It didn't do much.

Big One

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo is trying to get on Bethseda's good side and making do a collaboration with them like they're doing with Ubisoft. Nitnendo seems to be willing to lend their IPs to third party developers nowadays.

noshten

I think it will do over a million by the end of the holidays on the Switch when it's all said and done. Evergreen titles going on a handheld/portable/hybrid console for the first time is the safest bet in terms of supporting the system.

Nipo

I know I'm in the minority but having never played skyrim its port is what tipped me to buying a switch. I can only hope gta v gets the same treatment since I never played that one either.

Top Bottom