• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garfield Go released. Location-based mobile game (Pokémon Go clone).

Can't seem to find a thread somehow.

garfield-go.jpg

Press Release said:
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that our new game — Garfield GO — is now live! Garfield GO is a brand new augmented reality treasure hunt game, featuring everyone’s favorite lasagna-loving cat!

If you enjoy playing Pokemon Go, Munzee, or other location-based treasure hunting games, you’ll love Garfield GO! Here’s what sets our game apart from the others:

•Millions of locations to find treasurePrizes worth real money redeemable at Amazon, Starbucks, Domino’s Pizza and more
•Hundreds of Garfield comics to collect
•Hats and other clothing items to change up Garfield’s look
•Fun minigames to earn free food
•Hilarious Garfield animations and voice recordings from Lorenzo Music, the original voice of Garfield
http://kotaku.com/this-is-not-a-drill-1796075049/amp

From the official website:
GARFIELD MEETS THE REAL WORLD IN 3D!

Garfield GO is a brand new augmented reality treasure hunt game, featuring everyone’s favorite lasagna-loving cat!
Garfield: 'What's this?'

NO TREASURE IN YOUR AREA YET? NO PROBLEM!
If there are no treasure chests nearby, an Airdrop Request will automatically be sent to notify us once you launch the game. We will drop treasures in your area as soon as we can, then let you know once they are ready! You can also submit a Location Request!

WHAT IS AUGMENTED REALITY?
Augmented reality is a new technology that allows for you to experience parts of the game in the real world! While playing Garfield GO, you can use your phone’s camera to look around and find Garfield pointing to a chest nearby. Everywhere you go, Garfield is there with you!

TreasureMap.jpg

Chests.jpg

Comics.jpg

MiniGames.jpg

Prizes.jpg

GarfieldWave.png

True Fire

not if its more trouble than its worth, lol. I wonder what the payouts are like.

Someone will try exploiting this to the point where they're forced to remove financial incentives. I'm sure of it.

Financial incentives in apps is a huge no no. So much potential to go wrong.

Zukkoyaki

Mini-games and unlockable comics? Also the air-drop feature which ensures content no matter where you are? Sounds better than Pokemon Go was at launch :p

L Thammy

Ahahaha...offering cash card as rewards is scummy as fuck.

Back during the initial release hype period, my coworkers and I stopped off at a Burger King late in the evening. Some old lady came up to us, speaking with a drawl, and asked us if we're playing this Pokemon Go thing. We said yes. She asked "Why? Do you get money for catching these Pokemon?" We told her that it was more of a social experience. She went on to say that she still didn't get it, so there has to be some sort of prize.

Top Bottom