• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garfield Go released. Location-based mobile game (Pokémon Go clone).

BiggNife

I think this could be fun for kids. All of you are buttheads.

I mean

Kids would be much better off just playing Pokemon Go, especially since they just added a ton of shit to it

Also Garfield is just one of the most random and least fitting franchises to build this kind of game around

There are so many other kid friendly franchises that could fit better

Compsiox

Banned
I mean

Kids would be much better off just playing Pokemon Go, especially since they just added a ton of shit to it

Also Garfield is just one of the most random and least fitting franchises to build this kind of game around

There are so many other kid friendly franchises that could fit better

While that's true, have you played it?

BiggNife

While that's true, have you played it?

I haven't played it but I read a review that describes the mechanics in detail and it just comes off as a very straightforward Pokemon Go clone with the addition of the giftcard stuff. And Pokemon Go has at least had a year to evolve and add a lot more content whereas this game appears to be emulating what Pokemon Go was at release around Summer last year.

I'm not going to stop anyone from playing Garfield Go but I personally feel like it just makes a lot more sense to play Pokemon Go instead unless you really, really want to spend hours trying to get giftcards.

Never played Pokemon Go. But I grew up on Garfield, and if there is a remote chance I can win real money/prizes, I'm in. The classic comics are a great add on

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this is pretty great. You flick lasagna into his food bowl which is sorta weird. Gonna go for a little walk soon. It looks like there's a spaghetti shop nearby..

Fury451

Banned
What about a Dora The Explorer AR game. 🤔

Damn, that would be a perfect idea. Is Dora still around though?

I'm not entirely sure how hot of a property Garfield really is with kids anymore. I'm going to guess not very

I remember liking Garfield a little bit up until about fifth grade, then I discovered Calvin and Hobbes in sixth grade and Garfield fell off a cliff as far as I was concerned.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
DAMN the physics on the lasagna are kinda hard

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ha. This is pretty enjoyable!
I hit a ton of coins on the way home and got a white fedora for our man. I also got one piece of a 5$ dominos coupon.

I like that it doesn't seem to have any type of multiplayer component. It's basically just a shitty mini game to do on your walks.. there is a Simon mini game you have to play that is kinda difficult while walking.

Some of the comic panels I am finding are blank white pages. But otherwise I enjoy this so far...I'm halfway to a $5 Amazon card. As I said before, I never played Pokémon Go, so I can't compare the two at all, but I enjoy this. I like Garfield more than I like Pokemon, and I haven't read a Garfield comic in yeeeaaaaars.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm baking a donut in the oven for 10minutes that will make it more likely to find wooden chests.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not even GOrfield ...
What a missed oportunity smh

Do kids like Garfield? Even as a kid I didnt like Garfield.

I enjoyed Garfield & Friends a lot as a kid.

GandF.gif

NoKisum

So there's not enough demand for Monster Hunter on Switch to get localized, but there's plenty of demand for a Garfield skinned Pokémon GO clone.

I guess I just don't understand this industry...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OK. I get it now. I didn't connect the food menu to the coin mini game. DUH.
So you pretty much have to buy all lasagnas to get the good stuff.

I thought that you fed garfield from a menu and then that changed the drop rate of the mini game. But the feeding is just the minigame so if you bake a lasagna you have a better chance of a diamond chest.

Have 2 pieces of a 5 dollar dominos giftcard.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just set a timer to wake me up in 90 min to bake more lasagna. Wake n bake.

Top Bottom