• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garfield Go released. Location-based mobile game (Pokémon Go clone).

tumblr_o4rhpimrF11r2dc3bo1_500.gif

pantsmith

Around this time last summer, when Pokemon Go released, there were at least a dozen influential people at my job saying "We need to make our own version of this, we need to make a [corporate IP] Go!"

Generally these people all came to their senses, or were explained to why it was a horrible idea. BUT. It looks like of all the similar conversations that happened in offices around the world, the Garfield team actually went through with it.

Shoyz

This is really annoying to play. The physics on throwing the food is terrible, and having to play long tedious games of simon says to earn food is just the worst. And the 'Pokestops' in this game are one use every 16 hours, I guess.

Being able to get free food on timers while not playing is cool, though.

Zubz

Banned
I would've made a thread earlier if I didn't think this was some sort of joke! Like... I expected Pokèmon Go clones this Summer, but I was expecting them to use Monster Rancher or Digimon or something. Garfield finding treasure seems unfitting, especially since part of what made Go interesting were the creatures you looked for.

They should have made it about finding pipes.

But then it'd stop being a game & be about man's inner-struggle.

Poppy

for a second i thought that title said lactation based and wondered what i've been missing in garfield lately

I stopped Pokémon go a long time ago, but I will flick as many lasagnas as needed into garfields bowl in order to get that amazon gift card.

UberLevi

I have a friend who's literally obsessed with Garfield and loves weird shit like this, he's going to lose his mind.

Anyone want to update on their experiences playing?

How will Garfield Go combat the latest Pokémon Go update? Will we see some Garfield on Garfield action?

Compsiox

Banned
I think this could be fun for kids. All of you are buttheads.

Edit: Apparently all the reviews are fake. That's disappointing.

Top Bottom