• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Super Mario Odyssey E3 STAMPEDE!

Much like last year's Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey has attracted a similarly fervent E3 crowd willing to wait in line for hours to see the game. Witness the mad dash toward the Nintendo booth, live from inside the convention center on the last day of E3 2017.

Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEb_xs8Oxvw

Gifs:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Neoxon

Now I'm curious about how Nintendo could cause next year's E3 stampede. Would it be with Smash? Metroid Prime 4? Pokémon?

Not in any way, shape, or form worth it. That much of an effort to stand in line for hours to try a game you will get to play in full a mere 4 months from now?

Seriously, what is wrong with these people?

Not in any way, shape, or form worth it. That much of an effort to stand in line for hours to try a game you will get to play in full a mere 4 months from now?

I think I have to question what is wrong with the type of person who actually thinks something is wrong with someone for feeling excitement.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hahaha I was actually thinking oh it's probably not as hype as BOTW is so I guesS no stampede but then this thread shows up lol

Well that's why they are running, so they don't have to wait in line for hours.

if the difference between running or not running for a minute, is not having to wait four hours, maybe the stupid thing to do is to not run? :p

When you go to conventions you're there because you're a big fan and you have to hustle to get to the good shit. It's nothing uncommon whatsoever at these events.

It's not for everyone though. It's easy to sit at home and criticize people for doing this but when you actually attend an event of this nature you don't just sit around and twiddle your thumbs.

There's other things to check out yeah, but more often than not pretty much any big thing is going to attract the most people.

freefornow

Gold Member
Excuse my ignorance, but how do they know that everyone was specifically heading to the Mario demo? Seemed like they were peeling off in various directions? Or was that whole area/theatre just Mario?

I think you guys are missing the point on my previous post in this thread.

I'm not criticizing them for being excited about a game. I'm criticizing them for being willing to stand in line for hours to demo a game that's coming out 4 months from now.

The point is: There's tons more to see and check out at E3. Those hours spent in line for Mario could be spent checking out other games, some of which will be coming out much later than Mario.

Just my two cents.

NotSelf

I can understand why people would do this during black friday but this is just a demo you can't even take it home with you.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I can understand why people would do this during black friday but this is just a demo you can't even take it home with you.

Because the demo lines were like HOURS long. If you didn't get there near the front you'd be waiting forever.

That makes sense.

I think you guys are missing the point on my previous post in this thread.

I'm not criticizing them for being excited about a game. I'm criticizing them for being willing to stand in line for hours to demo a game that's coming out 4 months from now.

The point is: There's tons more to see and check out at E3. Those hours spent in line for Mario could be spent checking out other games, some of which will be coming out much later than Mario.

Just my two cents.

The vast majority of games releasing beyond 2017 weren't playable at E3.

It's not a big deal. You hurry to see if you can get in a reasonable spot in line. If not you go elsewhere. I've been to many conventions and it's easy to get caught up in the excitement.

Not like anyone is getting Black Friday trampled and cracked ribs and shit. They're just moving to see if they can get to play the new Mario.

Well if this thread is any indication, I'm clearly in the minority on hype driving one to endure standing in line for hours to demo a game releasing soon, so I guess I'll just mosey on back over to Curmudgeonville.

There's not much point in going unless you get to do some of the things you want to do. It's like going to a theme park and refusing to wait 90+ minutes for a new attraction that'll last 90 seconds, that's just par for the course. If you're a big enough gamer to attend E3 at all, you're not going to mind/complain about having to wait in lines to play games.

Top Bottom