• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideaki Itsuno (DmC, Dragon's Dogma) next game progressing smoothly

twitter_-_2017-06-18_01u47.png

Maybe at TGS....

Close if old.

A.Romero

He probably should have posted that a few days before E3.

I know, right? So much speculation and false could have been avoided if this was fucking tweeted before.
still look forward to it. I think it's more likely to be something related to DD

Sanctuary

I'd say that chances of DD2 are now even lower with the announcement of Monster Hunter World.

Not if it comes out in Q4 of 2018 or even sometime in 2019. But yeah, probably not, since that would be...awesome and such.
He isn't working on Deep Down is he? Capcom filed a second trademark earlier this year.

TreIII

Take your time, Itsuno.

MvC Infinite's Dante, alone, showcases that you'd be better off waiting to show your boy off properly, when he's ready.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
If nothing comes out of TGS or even PSX, I vote that we visit Capcom and beat his ass! If him and Itsuno are working on separate titles, something has to come out regarding them soon. Just let me know that something exists. Is Jun Takechi still with Capcom?

If nothing comes out of TGS or even PSX, I vote that we visit Capcom and beat his ass! If him and Itsuno are working on separate titles, something has to come out regarding them soon. Just let me know that something exists. Is Jun Takechi still with Capcom?

Him as in...?

DemWalls

I hope is this too, maybe the release of Dark Arisen for current gen is a hint. Dragon's Dogma has a lot of potential.

While it may be a hint, it's more likely that they'll wait and see how well the PS4/One version does before finally greenlighting a sequel. I think this new project is DMC 5.

Gbraga

New IP > Dragon's Dogma 2 > DMC5

What's crazy is that even the one I want the least is still one of the things I want the most. Itsuno THE GOD.

sleepykyo

I'm scared of it being Dragon's Dogma 2.

What does that have to do with DMC?

Capcom has been on a trend of cutting costs/corners on every game. It worked for Resident Evil 7, but it didn't work for SF5 and the jury is out of MvC. But it looks really rough.

ezekial45

Banned
Same I'd love a follow up to the best Devil May Cry game.

DmC is certainly my favorite. I'll go even further by saying that DmC: Definitive Edition is even superior to DMC4SE as far as a total package goes.

I'd love to see another DmC, but it's not gonna happen given how toxic the whole DmC reboot situation was. It's sad, because they did make a good game in the end, and Definitive Edition performed far better than Capcom was expecting, but proceeding with DMC5 is definitely the safer option for this series.

Which is what they're doing.

TreIII

Itsuno really wants to make it but I doubt Capcom will give him the opportunity.

If Marvel Infinite doesn't meet whatever lofty expectations Capcom has, we can probably say goodbye to Capcom fighters, altogether. That would more than likely put the kibosh on whatever hopes Itsuno may have.

Top Bottom