• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideaki Itsuno (DmC, Dragon's Dogma) next game progressing smoothly

Sesha

Have you seen that new MvC game? It is probably for the best that they crap out a DmC2 instead of a DMC5.

Itsuno ain't the MvC team. Besides, RE7 was pretty good, and that was from the director of Revelations and a team consisting of large amounts of RE6 staff.

UrbanRats

Monster Hunter World AND Dragon's Dogma 2 just seems dumb cannibalization, they can focus on Dogma after MHW is out.
DMC5 makes more sense to me.

(as much as i want a DD2, of course).

Sesha

I must remind all ya'll hoping for Dragon's Dogma 2 based on the PS4/XBO version that DmC Definitive Edition and DMC4 Special Edition came out two years ago, yet there's still no new DMC announced.

Monster Hunter World AND Dragon's Dogma 2 just seems dumb cannibalization, they can focus on Dogma after MHW is out.
DMC5 makes more sense to me.

(as much as i want a DD2, of course).

But MHW combat is going for a different feel than DD.

If MHW combat was similar to DD, their fans would riot.

UrbanRats

But MHW combat is going for a different feel than DD.

If MHW combat was similar to DD, their fans would riot.

Different feel isn't different enough in my opinion.
They still occupy a very similar space, more than they do with DMC5 anyway, for the average consumer.

I'm not saying they're interchangeable, but if you have two massive action open world games with big creatures you (sort of) climb on. with a fantasy setting, you probably want to spread them out.

Well, the director of DDOnline considers it to be DD2, and Capcom is considering bringing DDO to the West.

well the producer of DD (Matsukawa) said this in january to PCGamer:

"The Dragon’s Dogma development team members often talk about the possibility of a sequel," said Matsukawa. She added that a continuation really depends on fan feedback for the upcoming PC port of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, as that "will increase the chances that we can look into the possibility of continuing the series."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/07/dragons-dogma-2-could-still-happen

Top Bottom