• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is my PS4 or my Hard Drive dying?

Flandy

Whenever I'm in game and I attempt to use any PSN features (PS Store, Profiles, Live area below game icon) it'll either take ages to load or just not load at all. 95% of the time this happens is when there's a game running. Very rarely does it happen when there's no game open in the background

Some info
I upgraded to a PS4 Pro and removed the stock HDD to replace it with my 2TB seagate. I'm using a wired connection and get anywhere from 50-110Mbps on the Test Internet Connection feature in the OS. My NAT type is 2 if that matters

HDD in my PS4: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRHTTIU/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I removed it from the enclosure so that it's installed internally.

I had similar issues with the same HDD not too long ago. Boot into safe mode by holding down the power button until it beeps at you then select Rebuild Database. That fixed the problems for me but I've had to do that every 3 months or so.

Flandy

Have you tried rebuilding the database

I had similar issues with the same HDD not too long ago. Boot into safe mode by holding down the power button until it beeps at you then select Rebuild Database. That fixed the problems for me but I've had to do that every 3 months or so.
Yeah and it didn't help. I've done it in the past as well and it didn't help for very long either.

goonergaz

If you have a spare HDD try that, if you can afford a small SSD - replace the internal with an SSD (the smallest you can use) and have the 2TB externally.

Top Bottom