• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Justin Bieber starting a church.

Dynomutt

Dang real talk dude could become a Joel Olsteen. He will convert his followers right over. They will have a billion dollar building fund!

kmax

I actually read about Happy Science today. (a cult by a Japanese businessman which is very reminiscent of Scientology).

The founder makes serious money.

KoopaTheCasual

As much as Gaf likes to circle jerk the "lol Bieber sux, amirite?" parade, I remember when his last album dropped, he became OD religious, and pretty much turned a new leaf.

That coupled with reports of his fans screaming at him during his tour when he just wanted to talk to him, seems like the dude is burnt out on pop-fame.

Good to see him try to escape it.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
QF94TGq.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What if in 2000 years people are honestly getting red faced and debating his divinity with non-believers?

Dynomutt

This does have potential to be his greatest hustle.

Ahh So you know about the "building fund" too! Every church has a building fund. What they are build no one know but they have one. All the while church still using rickety stairs, no handicap access, bathroom doors without knobs so you gotta block it with paper. Notheat in the winter and no A/C in the summer. Ahh the building fund.

sangreal

he just acquired or rented some property in my town to be closer to his cult leader, who has been visiting constantly this summer, so I can't say I am too surprised. That said, Bieber did deny this report

Sorcerer

A couple of months ago he walked into a Target in Clifton NJ, apparently without security. Weirdly everybody was afraid to approach him and just stared at him.The story leading up to this was he was walking around Montclair to visit a pasture in a church.

I get why he cancelled the remaining gigs. He way over toured Purpose, and its seems the burn out showed in the shows.

On the other hand he might be playing some weird game with his fans where they think he is leaving music and the he drops an album Sept 18.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Good for him! Godspeed to him!

WTF at some of the posts in this thread? Disgusting...

I dunno "starting your own Church" without a record of faithful service is a real "let's wait a moment to see whatever the F that is" moment.

Dynomutt

I will be curious about his journey. I think he realized that he allowed himself to be blinded by straying from the Golden Path. If he can find his way back by Shortening the Way...

He may truly be the Kwisatz Haderach!

A+ to folks who get this!

Top Bottom