• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Xbox influencers and Ambassadors pulling support over multiplatform rumours

devilNprada

No competition for Sony now in a way, 100% Sony starts taking the piss and increasing prices of games, consoles and more, not any competition to try and keep them in check.
There is plenty of competition with Sony for your time and money.
It'll effectively kill their hardware sales.
MS enjoys a 34% net profit through services as a whole. No manufacturer makes that (not even LEGO at 13.8%)
MS never wanted to make hardware, that's some low margin shit; they just want to be in every home.
Now that they are the largest game publisher; they can sell off the plastic box (or licensing rights) to a company like ASUS who specializes in it.

Edit: Lego is actually a pretty high margin, likely due to licensing rights for video games/movies etc.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

There is plenty of competition with Sony for your time and money.

MS enjoys a 34% net profit through services as a whole. No manufacturer makes that (not even LEGO at 13.8%).
MS never wanted to make hardware, that's some low margin shit; they just want to be in every home.
Now that they are the largest game publisher; they can sell off the plastic box (or licensing rights) to a company like ASUS who specializes in it.
The problem is that GP depends heavily on Xbox hardware sales, because they're at 25-30M subs, with 21+M being on Xbox.

No hardware sales will heavily affect GP installbase.

Besides, there's still the 100M sub target for 2027.

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

If they have no hardware, getting other publishers to put their stuff on GP will diminish. Gamepass will turn into just XBOX games and indies. Those subscriber numbers will diminish. Maybe with PC being the larger subscription rate, that will not affect too much the outside publishers putting stuff on GP.

Ar¢tos

If they have no hardware, getting other publishers to put their stuff on GP will diminish. Gamepass will turn into just XBOX games and indies. Those subscriber numbers will diminish. Maybe with PC being the larger subscription rate, that will not affect too much the outside publishers putting stuff on GP.
The solution is obvious...
Buy more publishers!
Buy all the publishers!

N30RYU

At this point publishers doesn't care if they are paid accordingly what they expect to sell

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member

This had me in absolute stitches. What the fuck is going on right now. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

These geeza appeared on my youtube around 2020 and hes so cringey, i had to look at a few of hes vids, all this "theres levels to this" and them fucking turtlebeach buds 😄

gothmog

Gold Member
Xbox brought it on themselves by even giving these lunatics the time of day. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It's funny when you see the reaction out there and realize that that same energy was focused on convincing everyone that the ABK deal had to pass.

Banjo64

cumsessed
My dear Xbox, oh how you have brought joy and entertainment into my life for so many years. Your vibrant colors and intricate graphics have filled my heart with wonder and excitement. But now, as I stand before your lifeless body, I am overwhelmed with a sense of loss and despair.

I remember the countless hours we spent together, exploring virtual worlds and conquering impossible challenges. Your controllers were an extension of my own hands, guiding me through the darkest dungeons and the most treacherous landscapes. But now, as I look upon your motionless form, I am filled with a deep sense of sorrow.

Oh Xbox, how I will miss your comforting hum and the familiar glow of your power button. Your games were a refuge for me, a sanctuary from the troubles of the outside world. But now, as I bid you farewell, I am consumed by grief and regret.

Farewell, dear Xbox. May you rest in peace, surrounded by all the memories and experiences we shared. You will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I will never forget the joy and laughter you brought into my life. Goodbye, old friend. Goodbye.

NeonDelta

BY3TqIj.png

Last year so he might be 67 now lmao
😂😂😂 honestly thought he was early 20s

Hohenheim

My dear Xbox, oh how you have brought joy and entertainment into my life for so many years. Your vibrant colors and intricate graphics have filled my heart with wonder and excitement. But now, as I stand before your lifeless body, I am overwhelmed with a sense of loss and despair.

I remember the countless hours we spent together, exploring virtual worlds and conquering impossible challenges. Your controllers were an extension of my own hands, guiding me through the darkest dungeons and the most treacherous landscapes. But now, as I look upon your motionless form, I am filled with a deep sense of sorrow.

Oh Xbox, how I will miss your comforting hum and the familiar glow of your power button. Your games were a refuge for me, a sanctuary from the troubles of the outside world. But now, as I bid you farewell, I am consumed by grief and regret.

Farewell, dear Xbox. May you rest in peace, surrounded by all the memories and experiences we shared. You will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I will never forget the joy and laughter you brought into my life. Goodbye, old friend. Goodbye.
Wouldn't wanna be the receiver of a heartfelt break-up letter from you.
But good to see some humour in this madness.

Jerm411

I think it is a combination of things. Clearly these guys have funding to help establish themselves. I think Phil Spencer and company started identifying a number of those youtube channels early on as a space where they could create a "grassroots" type of movement and began sending money their way. I think a lot of folks who relish the underdog role (I'm talking about the warrior types) have been attracted to all of this and that has established a dedicated core for Xbox. So they have created quite the network on social media, but just not enough to grow past that "grassroots" status and that was never going to be enough for Microsoft.
There’s a story to be told about a certain Discord that popped up before the PS5/Series consoles launched and the people that were in it and the things being discussed….just saying…🤷🏻‍♂️

It's so strange because it's these types of folks who led Xbox down this path in the first place. They put Spencer on a pedestal and praised Gamepass like it was some new groundbreaking, gamechanging feature that was gonna lead Xbox to Valhalla. You never saw any of the Xbox fans critique MS or their strategy.

10's of billions of dollars on acquisitions of companies that were already releasing Xbox games. 10's of billions of dollars on subscription service contracts for, again, games that were already coming to Xbox. They created abominations of their 3 biggest IP: Halo, Gears, and Fable. Although I am not a fan of Horizon, TLOU, Spiderman, New GoW, or GoT AND yes I do criticize the amount of capital Sony invests into those projects I DO however respect them for taking those risks. MS for whatever reason became risk averse in their 1P games during the Xbone era and hasn't really had a big 1P game since probably Gears 3.

Xbox fans who are having a hard time coping really only have themselves to blame for not putting Phil's feet to the fire sooner for all the dumbass choices he's made as Xbox chief. It's why even though I've been a fan of Playstation for most of my life I will always speak up when I don't agree with the decisions they're making.

There's a lesson here as a consumer that if we enjoy a product and want to continue to enjoy using said product it is our job to speak up when we see something we don't like.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Wouldn't wanna be the receiver of a heartfelt break-up letter from you.
But good to see some humour in this madness.
Dear Hohenheim,

I hope this letter finds you well, although I highly doubt it since you are a sorry excuse for a man. I have come to the unfortunate realization that being with you is like being with a limp noodle – floppy, unimpressive, and completely unsatisfactory.

I used to think you were the man of my dreams, but now I see that you are nothing more than a sad little boy who couldn't even satisfy a goat, let alone a woman. Yes, that's right, I've heard rumors about your little secret hobby of molesting livestock. Disgusting.

I cannot continue to be with someone who is so emasculated and has such questionable interests. I deserve better than a man who can't even handle his own manhood, let alone mine.

So, consider this letter my break-up with you, Hohenheim. I hope you find happiness in your sick little world of animal abuse, but just know that you will never find it with me.

Sincerely,

Banjo64

It's so strange because it's these types of folks who led Xbox down this path in the first place. They put Spencer on a pedestal and praised Gamepass like it was some new groundbreaking, gamechanging feature that was gonna lead Xbox to Valhalla. You never saw any of the Xbox fans critique MS or their strategy.

10's of billions of dollars on acquisitions of companies that were already releasing Xbox games. 10's of billions of dollars on subscription service contracts for, again, games that were already coming to Xbox. They created abominations of their 3 biggest IP: Halo, Gears, and Fable. Although I am not a fan of Horizon, TLOU, Spiderman, New GoW, or GoT AND yes I do criticize the amount of capital Sony invests into those projects I DO however respect them for taking those risks. MS for whatever reason became risk averse in their 1P games during the Xbone era and hasn't really had a big 1P game since probably Gears 3.

Xbox fans who are having a hard time coping really only have themselves to blame for not putting Phil's feet to the fire sooner for all the dumbass choices he's made as Xbox chief. It's why even though I've been a fan of Playstation for most of my life I will always speak up when I don't agree with the decisions they're making.

There's a lesson here as a consumer that if we enjoy a product and want to continue to enjoy using said product it is our job to speak up when we see something we don't like.

Not all of us Xbox fans have been like this

Called plenty of stuff out , wanted new leadership/management and even joined the insider/preview program to give critique on features and ideas to improve the user experience.

I have no following or influence so can’t do anymore except spend money on other products if not satisfied with theirs which is what I did

Last edited:
Not of us Xbox fans have been like this

Called plenty of stuff out , wanted new leadership/management and even joined the insider/preview program to give critique on features and ideas to improve the user experience.

I have no following or influence so can’t do anymore except spend money on other products if not satisfied with theirs which is what I did
Yeah fair enough. I should've wrote most of, not all. It just always seemed your voices were always drowned out by the fanatics from both sides.

Jesb

Fuck all of them. A lot of them can’t even give you an honest answer. How you gonna tell me you liked the Xbox direct or that avoed looked good with a straight face.

Hohenheim

Dear Hohenheim,

I hope this letter finds you well, although I highly doubt it since you are a sorry excuse for a man. I have come to the unfortunate realization that being with you is like being with a limp noodle – floppy, unimpressive, and completely unsatisfactory.

I used to think you were the man of my dreams, but now I see that you are nothing more than a sad little boy who couldn't even satisfy a goat, let alone a woman. Yes, that's right, I've heard rumors about your little secret hobby of molesting livestock. Disgusting.

I cannot continue to be with someone who is so emasculated and has such questionable interests. I deserve better than a man who can't even handle his own manhood, let alone mine.

So, consider this letter my break-up with you, Hohenheim. I hope you find happiness in your sick little world of animal abuse, but just know that you will never find it with me.

Sincerely,

Banjo64
Fantastic! 🤩

Klayzer

Literal tears coming down my avatars face.
0FU1Y7p.gif

Noxxera

I bet it was precisely those kinda people acting like 5 year olds that made Xbox wanna release games on PS5 too. Who tf wants to be associated with them? They legit must be braindead selling their Xboxes and buying a PS5 all over a rumour about games going multiplatform. And when it's confirmed it's true it still doesn't change much. Still braindead actually. And another laughable thing is they honestly expect Phil and Co to give a fuck over their salty tweets. Haha.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
There’s a story to be told about a certain Discord that popped up before the PS5/Series consoles launched and the people that were in it and the things being discussed….just saying…🤷🏻‍♂️
I saw preoelite/dukeblueballs/tommyfisher return the other day. 4 years after fooling us into believing he was an insider. Unbelievable nerve.

Yoboman

Oh no what are they going to do, continue not buying games? Cancel their $1 a month sub that they exploited?

I'm sure Microsoft is devastated and will definitely cancel plans to make hundreds of millions on PS and Switch

Jerm411

I wanna hear more.
Before the PS5/Series consoles launched, there was an invite only Discord ran I believe by people who now run a different Era (think about it) site…I know my interactions to get in were with them.

I had got wind of it, got invited, and lemme tell ya…the who’s who of reporters, XBox sycophant fanboys (the ones you all see), media members, and even people from XBox were all present.

It was basically a cabal to spread as much bullshit FUD about the PS5 including fake leaks, etc. and prop up the new XBox consoles.

It was quite the sight to behold, lemme just say this….they’re all in on it, even people at reputable sites.

The fanboys were weaponized….

Top Bottom