• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Xbox influencers and Ambassadors pulling support over multiplatform rumours

SRTtoZ

Microsoft can’t just go back to selling games like they did and cancel Game Pass lol. That would literally kill off the Xbox division as we know it. First, it would shatter any confidence people had in Microsoft and second it would destroy any relationship you had with the Xbox fans who have “bought in” to the Game Pass model. I’m actually quite surprised Microsoft is panicking so quickly after the Activision purchase.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My dear Xbox, oh how you have brought joy and entertainment into my life for so many years. Your vibrant colors and intricate graphics have filled my heart with wonder and excitement. But now, as I stand before your lifeless body, I am overwhelmed with a sense of loss and despair.

I remember the countless hours we spent together, exploring virtual worlds and conquering impossible challenges. Your controllers were an extension of my own hands, guiding me through the darkest dungeons and the most treacherous landscapes. But now, as I look upon your motionless form, I am filled with a deep sense of sorrow.

Oh Xbox, how I will miss your comforting hum and the familiar glow of your power button. Your games were a refuge for me, a sanctuary from the troubles of the outside world. But now, as I bid you farewell, I am consumed by grief and regret.

Farewell, dear Xbox. May you rest in peace, surrounded by all the memories and experiences we shared. You will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I will never forget the joy and laughter you brought into my life. Goodbye, old friend. Goodbye.
a christmas story GIF

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Why does he speaks in 3rd person? I wonder if he will rebrand himself as a sony fanboy under a different persona

How can you take anyone serious whose nick means "toilet seat" in English? Just imagine that guy meeting all kinds of Xbox managers and constantly telling them "Yes, I'm Toilet Seat, happy to finally meet you!"

Alebrije

How can you take anyone serious whose nick means "toilet seat" in English? Just imagine that guy meeting all kinds of Xbox managers and constantly telling them "Yes, I'm Toilet Seat, happy to finally meet you!"
"Please take a Seat"

Krieger

What these retards need are some stereotypical 80's movie bullies who beat their asses and steal their lunch money, because grown up men in their 40s, 50s and even 60s crying about games is how children behave.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
All that needs to be said.

If you are so mentally invested in Xbox or PlayStation that finding out that other people will be able to enjoy some games that you have already purchased and enjoyed legitimately affects your emotional health or your day to day life then you need to step back and genuinely seek some help.

No person should be so invested in a brand, company, or IP that it affects their mental health if something happens to it that they don't like.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Why does he speaks in 3rd person? I wonder if he will rebrand himself as a sony fanboy under a different persona

One of the weirdest messages I have read. Who speaks like that? Who builds a “persona” that they then “take significant steps to reduce” when they lose the console war? One head mate down, N to go I guess.

Man this week just keeps on giving. I say this as a long time Xbox fan, it’s time to put this thing out of its misery, also these laughs are just too good. We even got an entertaining Kotaku article:

Last edited:

SenkiDala

This type of fandom is just pure brain rot. I wonder what their friends and family think of them?

"What's wrong hun? Why are you crying?"

"MS is putting Hi-Fi Rush on Playstation! Maybe even more!"

"I want a divorce."
Yeaaaaaaah I mean it's so sad, I mean pathetically sad.

I play on basically every console since more than 2 decades (before I couldn't because as child I had of course limited options) and I have Xbox consoles in day one at every generation, same goes with PS, Nintendo etc. I've been pretty disappointed with MS decisions into gaming since the Xbox One. And I'm very vocal about how I feel Spencer is doing shit since 2014.

That said I'm not upset about what is happening now. I mean 1st it isn't confirmed, 2nd we're talking about video games (in the past few years my both parents died of cancer, that's some subjects that can actually make you sad), 3rd that doesn't remove the games from you, OK Starfield or Indy will released later on PS5. But you'll still have them first, your Series X will still be as powerful and the controller will be as good, you can keep enjoying your library of games on your console...

Why are they acting like this ? How the fuck can you be so fragile and pathetic childish pricks so "Gngngngn my idol is wanting me to share my toy with other kids gngngngngn", wtf ? MS isn't going anywhere, they are making more money into gaming than Sony or Nintendo, they'll make more and more money into gaming (especially if they now sell their games on PlayStation) so in the end it's good...

I don't think they'll stop to release Xbox consoles, I think they'll stop when Cloud gaming is 100% ready, 100% playable in US/EU/JP, so it gives us time. And the games you paid, digital games, for XSX for exemple, they are still playable on XSX, they'll still be playable on XSX in the future. When you buy a PS4 you have no idea if a PS5 will exist there's always a risk, and when you buy a PS4 game for PS4 you don't sign anything saying that Sony must release a PS5 and that if they do, that PS4 game must be playable on PS5 (for exemple).

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
I’m actually quite surprised Microsoft is panicking so quickly after the Activision purchase.
The fucking overhead they took on must be MASSIVE.

People parade those Klobrille banners without understanding that a lot of cost and investor attention just got added to the Xbox division's plate.

The fun times are over, now it's time for the hangover.

Luigi Mario

What always surprised me was just how many Xbox podcasts, Youtubers, sites, influencer's and so on there where. You have to assume many where getting kickbacks and it was an attempt to usurp traditional games media. These where people who weren't treating Xbox (or gaming as a whole) as a hobby, it was like a second job. Well, it probably was a second job for some!
It is completely disproportional to their install base.
You don't see anything of this degree for Nintendo or PlayStation.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I can't believe grown men are behaving like this. It's like their souls are stuck at age 14 whilst their bodies aged. It's just not normal. A few of them are over 50 years old! The fuck is wrong with these guys?
It's WILD!
It is completely disproportional to their install base.
You don’t see anything of this degree for Nintendo or PlayStation.
We've just seen pokemon fans, grown adults sending death threats and essays to Nintendo demanding they destroy a game (palworld) because they think it looks too close to their precious game.

Do you not remember when horizon got announced for PC? That was crazy. And got worse with god of war.

Fucking freaks everywhere. Mentally unstable man babies.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Except option 1, whilst good for the industry would stand a good chance of killing xbox as both hardware and a publisher. At which point microsoft would cut their losses and either sell off or shutter many great studio. This would be shit.

Option 2, whilst continuing the damage to the “value” of games, could well see xbox do well as a 3rd party publisher, and whilst diminishing their hardware further, they’d likely still maintain some sort of hardware solution for now.

They’re spending a metric fuck ton on their gaming division and not seeing corresponding growth, so they’re left with a bunch of shitty option, and whilst microsoft writ large have crazy money to burn, they’ll be wanting to see returns. 🤷‍♂️

DavJay

Can’t blame them. Consoles are special because of exclusives. Without them, they are dead. Why invest in an ecosystem that may not last any longer and go offline? PlayStation future is much brighter at the moment while the Xbox seems very dark.

I can't believe grown men are behaving like this. It's like their souls are stuck at age 14 whilst their bodies aged. It's just not normal. A few of them are over 50 years old! The fuck is wrong with these guys?

I doubt a lot of it is genuine, they have failed to be honest and straight talking time and again before these rumours so I don’t think they will be now. Anything for that social grift .

Luigi Mario

We've just seen pokemon fans, grown adults sending death threats and essays to Nintendo demanding they destroy a game (palworld) because they think it looks too close to their precious game.

Do you not remember when horizon got announced for PC? That was crazy. And got worse with god of war.

Fucking freaks everywhere. Mentally unstable man babies.
I was moreso referring to the sheer number of influencers and not their meltdowns on Twitter.
Some of these individuals are running like three different Xbox-related podcasts.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Problem is, the internet (and the companies on it) created a cottage industry where people can make money just by being fans of popular culture.

Once you show someone their passion can be a money spinner in some way, you utterly and completely warp their attitude towards it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
These idiots only have themselves to blame. Acting like the 360 generation never came to an end. It's just embarrassing.

They should have focused on creating a community that revolved around having fun with XBOX games, make it something unique and create some good memes, good content on YT. It's all just flame war nonsense and sniping at Sony fanboys.

Sony fanboys are just as cringe but they can at least claim market dominance. XBOX has been a sinking ship for years and this sperg out could have been completely avoided if the community didn't revolve around a fake console war full of shit memes.

They couldn't even do a Chad Warden style video. One of the funniest things about Chad Warden is that the PS3 was pretty shite when his videos released. The whole thing was so absurd that it broke the internet. Social media is too big these days to replicate something on that level but I'm sure someone out there could have emulated the vibe and made it viral worthy for a few days. Something to reference down the road and reminisce on, have a few laughs, etc.

They all just look incredibly silly.

Katatonic

Hi Toilet Seat, I'm Matt Booty, lets be friends.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
These people are annoying crybabies. How does Microsoft selling games on other platforms harm them? I mean I have purchased nearly a thousand games on Xbox since the early 2010's so I am definitely invested in the platform, but why should I care if Microsoft sells games on more platforms? My only real concern is what happens to my ability to download and play my digital library if Xbox stops making consoles.
It doesn’t we could say oh my lord Sony is dead they selling games now on PC so don’t buy a ps5. Select games that make sense due to budget etc

Quantum253

The Redemption Revolution arch has just begun. They'll be back with new hardware and never doubted for a second tweets

Kokoloko85

Your also gonna get articles/tweets saying Playstation and Nintendo need to do the same.

To: Survive - Make more money - Get with the times - Be mature in todays market -Be consumer friendly, Honour and blah blah

I still don't see them leaving the console business

Good. Time for influencers and bullshit jobs around made up corpo fantasies to fuck off.

Keep going Xbox, you have a loyal family and friends here.

yazenov

I think their delusion and wishful thinking really hit them hard. Some of them are still in denial that there is a chance it's not the case.

Its hilarious that most of us who frequent the sales threads saw this coming from a mile away after the the dire performance of the XBS. Yet, the Xbox enthusiasts and faithful still can't believe the results in front of their faces. It should be a shock to no one that MS is going the 3rd party route.

Its also funny seeing some of the vocal team Xbox members in this forum are missing in action / deserters. I hope they are OK.

Three

Microsoft can’t just go back to selling games like they did and cancel Game Pass lol. That would literally kill off the Xbox division as we know it. First, it would shatter any confidence people had in Microsoft and second it would destroy any relationship you had with the Xbox fans who have “bought in” to the Game Pass model. I’m actually quite surprised Microsoft is panicking so quickly after the Activision purchase.
Honestly, if I had to guess, I wouldn't worry about gamepass. The fact that they're cost cutting so deeply makes me believe they plan to continue to ride it out with the gamepass strategy.

Top Bottom