• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Layer EX devs expect to lose money, just want to make a game

Seyavesh

seriously the 2 head guys were at evo with a lil table and unable to speak or understand english just showing their stuff, handing out these ghetto laminated pamphlets/ringbound papers of which they had like 3

its a crazy high passion project

jbug617

Banned
Don't know if it's possible or not but they should try to hit all the platforms if they are self publishing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
seriously the 2 head guys were at evo with a lil table and unable to speak or understand english just showing their stuff, handing out these ghetto laminated pamphlets/ringbound papers of which they had like 3

Man, that's so friggin' awesome.
Will buy to support tem.

Piers

😨
Lot of respect. I do enjoy how much it's doubling down on the zany arcade feel.
The 'attract' sequence gives chills, its great.

Mengetsu

Oh man..I hope it does well. With the boom of Fighting Games I hope they can ride the wave when the beta hits, gets more goodwill from the FGC and new fans.

manakel

Seriously so awesome and commendable. I'm already going to buy the game regardless, but put in Pullum and I might just buy it twice.

cHinzo

I really hope they at least bring out the game on PC. Street Fighter EX 2 Plus on the PS1 was one of the funnest fighting games I've played and I would definitely support them when the game comes out. Waited all these years for them to release a new game from the EX series and I'm so happy for them they finally got the chance to make one.

Let's hope they bring back D. Dark, Vulcano Rosso and some other classic characters back too. :D Kinda sad they expect to lose money from it though, since from what I've seen, people are pretty excited for this game (at least compared to the new MvC game, which looks lackluster).

kogasu

Honestly, I wanna see more but I'd be happy to support a passion project like this as well as long as I can get a feel for it. I'm certainly pretty hype for Skullomania's return!

.la1n

I'll support for sure no matter what. They are putting a lot of passion into it and they have the pedigree. The models already show more artistic merit than Capcom has been able to poop out for years now.

TreIII

Seeing such passion in games like this is, sadly, so rare at this level. They clearly just wanted to make another EX game for the longest time (since at least the Fighting Sample demo on 3DS), and now, they're finally getting their chance.

Whoever they got to help them get this game published will certainly get my money. Game looks FUN.

I'll def buy it at least once! Poor folks.

(not to port beg but if it gets a Switch release with correct frames/timings and stuff I'll buy it there too for practice on the go)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I played the shit outta EX2 Plus and EX3 back in the day. Can't wait to try this

Its pretty fun and I hope it does well them. Its got some interesting ideas and Im very interested to see where those ideas might go.

Was definitely enjoyable to see the devs be so happy at everyone enjoying their game while at EVO.

Tizoc

Seeing such passion in games like this is, sadly, so rare at this level. They clearly just wanted to make another EX game for the longest time (since at least the Fighting Sample demo on 3DS), and now, they're finally getting their chance.

Whoever they got to help them get this game published will certainly get my money. Game looks FUN.

Play-ism games sound like a good fit to help them publish it.

Capcom should publish or partner in it.

It's the Capcom Pro Tour not the SFV pro tour.

They can have SFV SEx+a4 and MvCI. There would be depth in their offering. Broaden the appeal.

LeleSocho

Banned
Yeah you can totally see that, the trailer is amateurish at best but it feels so incredibly right...
The vibes are totally there and i can't wait to see more of the game.

lolmark

Def. But, the laminated pamphlets didn't come off as ghetto to me. It seemed like a nice way to brush up on system mechanics and moves while in line before wasting hella time trying to figure it out on the fly.

PC would require the least amount of resources if you want to get technical. So I don't see what was the point of your question.
I'm not sure this is true, if they don't have the hardware to test across a wide range of configurations then PC could end up being a more expensive port.

Time to put up or shut up all you Skullomania memewagoners

Yeah I gotta find a way to save enough money to buy a PS4 and all that and that's gonna be rough because I'm on a fixed income and trying to look for a job. That's one of the many reasons I'm looking for a job, so I can buy a ps4. Even if I don't understand the mechanics of the game, I'm obligated to buy this because Skulo rules

Top Bottom