• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

giveaway: Slime-San for Nintendo Switch (EU) (region-free)

maxcriden

I've got two digital copies of the game to give away. These are EU region but it's very easy to create a new EU account if you're not in EU. I'll plan to pick a winner in a couple of days. See "how to enter" below.

header.png

Some info about the game:

Slime-san is a game that is fun down to its very core. A silly story, with an unlikely character and gameplay that is addictively fast. It offers over 15 hours of single player content yet is tailored for speed runners as well. The very core mechanics and level design lend themselves to be played competitively online. It is a visually unique adventure using a carefully crafted, 5 color palette world that is filled with fun and goofy Japanese references. It also has a soundtrack that is worth the price alone, featuring some of the most popular chiptune composers in the world! Published by Headup Games.

4.png

◾Incredibly fast-paced and twitch-timing platforming madness!
◾No time to stay still as you are chased by a wall of acid at every corner! Run, run, run!
◾Being a slime has its perks. Slime your way through cracked walls and surfaces!
◾Bust through brittle obstacles or tens situations with a speedy dash move.
◾Slime to slow time, dash to speed it up. Feel like an absolute badass with pixel precise maneuvers!
◾ A game filled with content: 100 levels made out of 400 rooms combined with 100 newgame+ levels totaling to a staggering 200 levels and 800 rooms!
◾Collect partially-digested apples to unlock different play styles, outfits, shaders and mini games!
◾Get your shopping done in a town of survivors within the worm, home to colorful characters and surprising secrets.
◾Each level is timed with online rankings, for the competitive and score-oriented.
◾Unlock extra game modes like New Game+, Speed Running and Boss Rush modes!
◾Get engrossed in a flexible, 5 colored, pixelated world…found… within… the worm?
◾Adhesive Wombat, Tiasu, MegaNeko, Kommissar, Richard Gould... Over 10 composers contributed with over 20 songs for a chiptune album that you can't help but groove out to!

7.png

Some recent footage from GameXplain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17c1262y5TE

The game is also coming to PS4 and XB1. It is already available on Steam here (PC/Mac/Linux).

--

How to Enter

To enter, please tell me about a tough as nails platforming challenge or platformer game you've enjoyed.

Feel free to interpret that as generally or specifically as you like! I want some deets about why you liked it. And just to keep the entries varied and interesting, you will get greater consideration if it's not an oft-discussed game. This way we can each get some good game recommendations in here in addition to entering the giveaway. ☺

Please note: I don't have any formal affiliation with the publisher or developer. When I do giveaways, sometimes the copies are from me, and sometimes I've gotten them from the developer. I don't receive any compensation for this. I just like to give away games on GAF.

9.png

Intel_89

Super Meat Boy, the original with the GOAT soundtrack. The characters have a lot of charm despite the game having very few 'cutscenes', the music as previously mentioned is amazing and the levels are challenging but really bite sized which keeps you hooked until you finally beat that level that has kept you up 'till four in the morning.

Thanks for yet another give away maxcriden, you da best.

budpikmin

Gimmick on the Famicom. An absolutely fantastic game, it's hard to believe the Famicom can run it. It's incredibly hard but it never feels like it's the games fault which is the mark of a great platformer imo.

You have a little star that you can throw and jump on to reach high areas and the game rewards you for using this in inventive ways. On the pirate level you can actually reach the boss much faster this way and you will find him sleeping for an easy win.

Unfortunately the game is valuable and so it's hard for most to play without emulation. It would be great if Nintendo released it for Switch Virtual Console in the future as more people need to play this incredible game.

Jacobbles

That optional dungeon at the end of Final Fantasy XV was the hardest platforming thing I've probably ever done. It takes hours, its dark so you can't see very far in front of you, and it's frustrating as hell due to the sometimes unresponsive controls.

I'm sure this thread is gonna mention stuff like Super Meat Boy a lot, but for real, that game was cake compared to that shit in FF15. Tight, responsive controls go a long way, and FF15 did NOT have that.

Still, the accessory you get at the end of the dungeon is pretty handy.

Ossom

Playing Crash at the moment. That game is a lot more challenging than I remember. I enjoy the satisfaction of nailing a platforming part, but the precision required on some levels is really infuriating.

I won't be beaten! I just need to play enough to program my reactions to react faster and more accurately.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
My avatar explains it all: I LOVE Mega Man 2. While I don't think the game is super tough, it embodies what I love about the genre. I love speed running MM2 because of the tight controls and execution. It's a game that I've been playing yearly since I first played it at 5 years old, it's my favorite game of all time, next to Shovel Knight. So with Shovel Knight and Mega Man, two platformers that I love speed running, I hope Slime-san will be up there with those games as something that I come back to every year.

Thanks for the giveway!

TEJ

Cloudberry Kingdom.

I know it's on the ps3 and wii u.

It's kind of like a bullet hell platformer. Tough as nails but rarely unfair. I remember it had a groovy soundtrack too!

Monumma

I dont really want the giveaway however i'm interested in buying this game. Has anyone tried this game already? How is it? I didnt find much information online. There's a demo on steam i guess, but i cant download it until this evening. XD

Thanks for the givaways, they are always appreciated.

Gremlins 2 for the original Game Boy consumed my time for weeks as a child. It's only 4 stages long, but Gizmo has such a weak jump and only a tiny pencil to attack with (that you have to find in the level!). Each level ends with a Gremlin boss like the bat Gremlin, electric Gremlin, and the end boss Spider Gremlin. The fourth stage is sadistic, with the player having to control Gizmo blindly behind an obscuring foreground over spikes. I still have the tune in my head from grabbing the tool box powerup (the equivalent to a super star).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHj-Yyvx0I

(Funny to see a complete playthrough is 18 minutes long including ending and credits, and the guy died a few times too. Gameboy games were short!)

I will take any opportunity to praise the little-known Steam indie platformer, LOVE.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/269270/LOVE/

There's a singular charm to it - hard-as-nails at times but relaxing and gentle, with a wonderful OST reminiscent of the Vince Guaraldi scores to the Peanuts shorts. It's almost meditative - I find it a wonderfully transporting experience and can't wait for the creator's next game.

maxcriden

I dont really want the giveaway however i'm interested in buying this game. Has anyone tried this game already? How is it? I didnt find much information online. There's a demo on steam i guess, but i cant download it until this evening. XD

Thanks for the givaways, they are always appreciated.

It's my pleasure entirely. Here's some info on how the game has been received.

It's gotten four reviews on Metacritic, all positive.

Recent discussion from the Nintendo Downloads | August 2017 thread.

Grabbed some Slime-San footage (if you like Super Meat Boy type of games, then this will be of interest): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEg0rtsAJmg

I'll second this, been playing Slime-San today on Switch and it's just superb. Hooked me straight away like Super Meat Boy did. Seems to be plenty of content in the game, and the town area is a great addition with plenty to buy/unlock.

Best thing i can say is that the controls feel perfect and speed running is fantastic. Haven't felt this way about intuitive controls and levels just made for blitzing through since Rayman Origins, which imo has masterful level design for speed running purposes.

Don't sleep on this one guys, it's sub(s)lime!

Don't know how long the game is but here's a rundown of content i know so far.

There are 100 levels each with 4 screens each, so you could say 400 screens. Each screen has an apple to collect, each level has a speed run trophy. There are also boss levels.

There is a large hub town to look around and spend the currency buying cosmetic items (I'm sporting Donald trump style "Presidential Hair" atm) as well where you unlock new playable characters, screen filters, multiplayer arcade games etc

Once you complete the game the ng+ mode remixes the 100 levels creating 400 more screens for you to play through.

There are also other dedicated modes such as one death mode. Can't remember the other 3.

All in all, there is a shit load of content and that's before the Kraken DLC gets patched in for free :)

DOA

i very much like the original Giana Sisters, which i played on the commodore 64.
it's a mario clone, that had many levels, which got harder and harder the more you got further :)

Guiz

VVVVVV, I really enjoyed this game especially the 3DS version which was pretty nice. I can't remember how many times I lost my way into this game.
And this art direction and soundtrack were so good.

Nice of you to do this.

hmmm.. I recently got the Crash remaster and the new physics make me want to rip my hair out. Those sky bridge levels...

Famassu

I made to the Top 1% to get the Platinum Cup in the endless tree-runner in Rayman Legends on Vita (which basically meant, like, the Top 4 with the number of players that were playing the Vita version at that point). It was also the last thing I needed to get the Platinum Trophy and I got it on December 24th, so a good Christmas present. :)

Blam

I still think IWBTG is the the hardest platformer I've played. Just when you think you know what they are going to do they sideswipe you with a random obstacle to get by. And IWBTB just throws that into overdrive.

The feeling you get passing a level or boss is like no other.

jonno394

I've made a rather simple OT for this that i'll be posting in a few hours when I'm back for work, hope to help garner more attention for this game!

Shovel Knight trilogy has been the best 2D platformers I've played in the recent years.

Challenging but rewarding.

A great experience. Specter of Torment above all.

maxcriden

Playing Crash at the moment. That game is a lot more challenging than I remember. I enjoy the satisfaction of nailing a platforming part, but the precision required on some levels is really infuriating.

I won't be beaten! I just need to play enough to program my reactions to react faster and more accurately.

As TheGreenArrow mentions above, the physics and design of the remake definitely make it harder than it originally was. It's for sure a difficult game nonetheless, though. I played it on PS3 for the first time a couple years ago and enjoyed it a lot and also found it very difficult.

VVVVVV, I really enjoyed this game especially the 3DS version which was pretty nice. I can't remember how many times I lost my way into this game.
And this art direction and soundtrack were so good.

Same here. I think I still need to 100% the game but I greatly enjoyed my time with it. This part in particular was brutally difficult to me:

I made to the Top 1% to get the Platinum Cup in the endless tree-runner in Rayman Legends on Vita (which basically meant, like, the Top 4 with the number of players that were playing the Vita version at that point). It was also the last thing I needed to get the Platinum Trophy and I got it on December 24th, so a good Christmas present. :)

Congrats on doing so! Great choice. I've mentioned before on here that getting a Diamond Cup (I think it's the same as the Platinum Cup you mentioned) in the Raymand Legends Challenges App prior to the game releasing on Wii U is one of my very proudest achievements in gaming. I was absolutely obsessed with it and had tried at length so many times before I was able to get one. It was a great feeling to receive that.

Nintenleo

Maxcriden is much more than his giveaways thread, he was very kind to me in a tough time I went through some months ago. Thanks man ;)

Anyway, I played a lot of "hard platformer" in my life and I think that one of my biggest achievements in gaming was the "Golden boy" trophy in the X360 version of Super Meat Boy. They're my favourite games, and I spent so many nights in completing every single challenge in Mario games, N+, and so on.

But one of my favourite experience was playing BattleBlock Theatre in co-op with my then girlfriend some years ago. It's not a really hard game, but it was surely a "mission impossible" to finish it playing in co-op with a girl who never played a videogame (she only played Yoshi's Island and Splatoon later). It was really fun, and the game has some clever platforming. One of the best co-op experience. It was nice helping her and then, in the end, watching her become better than me. I only think about it now, but it would be a perfect game to play with joy-cons on Nintendo Switch.

Hope everyone who passed on this game will give it a chance, it's available on PC and Xbox 360, compatible with Xbox One.

This is my chance to plug one of my favourite hidden gems: Electronic Super Joy, a game that nails everything with its graphics, its humour, its platforming and its music.

ESJ has probably the tightest controls I've ever seen in a platformer combined with very tough stages that never feel unfair. It has constant checkpoints to make things a matter of conquering small steps, instead of an endurance race. Despite its apparent simplicity, every world introduces new mechanics and funny bosses that push you to the limit.

The cherry on top is the music, some awesome hard trance by enV that fits perfectly with the psychedelic aesthetic and the constant, rhythmic pounding. All things considered, I even prefer ESJ to Super Meat Boy.

TheMoon

So I have three, I hope max can just pick one randomly as my entry as I had trouble just sticking to one since this also servers sort of as a recommendation thread.

Ironically, all of them are platforms where you don't actually jump (okay one has a bit of a jump).

VVVVVV (played on 3DS) - (edit: damn, someone named it already while I was writing^^)
Pretty well-known this one. A game about gravity manipulation and falling wherever you're being pulled. Its simplistic neon-colored pixel look sets the tone for a to-the-point platforming challenge. You walk left or right and flip the gravity between up and down with the press of a single button. That's it. But the moves you can and have to pull with this can get pretty insane. Flipping between the two to stay centered while surrounded by spikes (the titular VVVs), or flinging yourself down (or up) multiple screen only to save yourself from being impaled by reversing the pull at the last second before impact produces some good thrills in this non-linear open-world platformer where you try to find your crew in this blocky, spikey place.

And Yet it Moves (played on WiiWare)
Its unique papercraft aesthetic seems harmless at first but these edges are sharp! You basically just walk left and right (and now I remember you actually can jump a tiny bit) but the trick of the game is that a button press freezes you midair which then lets you rotate the world around you. That's how you get around. You walk off a ledge, freeze, twist, and then fall onto the safe ground that is now what 2 seconds ago was the ceiling above you with the exit door. It's mind-bendingly clever. Later on, the levels look downright psychedelic. Playing this on WiiWare by twisting the Wii Remote around in direct correlation with the level was really cool.

Kick & Fennick (played on Wii U)
This one is probably the most traditional platforming game in my little list here. You're a kid who ended up in some science lab with evil robots and there's this force propulsion gun-thing in front of you. You pick it up and find that you can use this point it at the ground or wall or any direction, fire, and the force created will push you in the opposite directions. It can store up to three charges eventually with some minor modifications to the mechanic throughout. The platforming scenarios created by this look pretty flashy since time is slowed (not frozen!) while you adjust the angle with the stick. You can literally zig-zag in mid-air. The hard part comes in when you also use this to explore the levels to find all the collectibles which are often well hidden. The movement is just so satisfying.

Platformers are cool. I was looking through my games lists for this write-up and found that I have soooo many more unplayed in my backlog. Really looking forward to dig into them at some point in the nebulous future.

zigg

I'll pass on the giveaway, but I'm definitely buying this today. It looks amazing. It's a crying shame NOA glossed it over in their PR today. 😠

DanielFNG

Neo Member
I grew up with a SNES, but I was quite young and only had two games, one of which was Donkey Kong Country 3 (the other was Super Mario All Stars). I'm not sure if it's actually considered difficult, but at the time it was just impossible for me to complete. I remember driving around on the different boats trying to solve puzzles to unlock new areas, then getting stuck in some snowy area/cave levels IIRC. I hear a lot of love for Donkey Kong Country, but less so for 3 specifically.

Those were the days when completing a game seemed like a daunting task. Good times.

Nairume

Banned
Predator on the NES is my contribution. It's honestly hard not because it is genuinely tough but rather because it is not a very good game. Despite that, I really loved it as a kid because Predator was (and still is!) one of my favorite movies despite it probably not being appropriate for a 6 year old and because I was not really at the age of understanding that games could be bad (also it's hard to complain when it was one of five games I owned at the time). As such, I soldiered through the game's challenges, coming up with crazy plans to try and get around every unfair bit the game tossed in my direction (despite many of them not working because the "challenges" were really just results of glitches and bad design). I did manage to finally beat it once, which felt like a massive accomplishment.

I guess, in it's own way, that experience really did make me feel like Arnold having to fight the Predator at the disadvantages he had.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't have a Switch and I don't want to enter the giveaway.

I just want to say that Slime-san is FUCKING AMAZING and that the winners will have a great time with it.

Beegeous

Having (criminally) only completed it for the first time this past June, I'm saying Super Mario Bros.

I had the game as part of Super Mario All Stars on the SNES, Deluxe on GBC and on the SMB anniversary collection on the Wii, it was only with the NES Mini that I really gave it a good go (mainly due to save states because the game is hard as shit!).

Finishing the game was a long time coming - over 20 years - but it's one achievement that I won't forget. Now to do it in one sitting without save states...

qko

Ninja Gaiden on the NES is still a game I cannot finish without save states. Yet, I still fire up a run once a year. It's has an amazing balance of fun platforming and difficulty up until that last stage where it becomes insanely impossible without being perfectly precise.

maxcriden

I grew up with a SNES, but I was quite young and only had two games, one of which was Donkey Kong Country 3 (the other was Super Mario All Stars). I'm not sure if it's actually considered difficult, but at the time it was just impossible for me to complete. I remember driving around on the different boats trying to solve puzzles to unlock new areas, then getting stuck in some snowy area/cave levels IIRC. I hear a lot of love for Donkey Kong Country, but less so for 3 specifically.

Those were the days when completing a game seemed like a daunting task. Good times.

I definitely think it is a very difficult game! It's pretty under-appreciated and not mentioned on here often enough. Personally my order would probably go 2>3>1, and I also love the Retro DK games. DKC3 has a lot of clever and creative platforming to it.

Having (criminally) only completed it for the first time this past June, I'm saying Super Mario Bros.

I had the game as part of Super Mario All Stars on the SNES, Deluxe on GBC and on the SMB anniversary collection on the Wii, it was only with the NES Mini that I really gave it a good go (mainly due to save states because the game is hard as shit!).

Finishing the game was a long time coming - over 20 years - but it's one achievement that I won't forget. Now to do it in one sitting without save states...

Funnily enough we had the same experience on our NES mini last year. We did a hard save state at the beginning of each level. It was still tough for sure. My wife had beaten the game before but I think it was my first time except maybe on SMBD but IIRC that one plays a bit differently and I'm not sure if I'd ever beaten it. My wife has beaten The Lost Levels too but that is way beyond my skills.

Blam

But one of my favourite experience was playing BattleBlock Theatre in co-op with my then girlfriend some years ago. It's not a really hard game, but it was surely a "mission impossible" to finish it playing in co-op with a girl who never played a videogame (she only played Yoshi's Island and Splatoon later). It was really fun, and the game has some clever platforming. One of the best co-op experience. It was nice helping her and then, in the end, watching her become better than me. I only think about it now, but it would be a perfect game to play with joy-cons on Nintendo Switch.

I gotta agree it's really just a flawless game with a funny story, and all around very fun game.

luulubuu

88ce4d8846332a51fe025ae8d0d9a6e7.jpg

This kid destroyed my whole sleep schedules, it was a love story.

An incredible toxic love story.

I discovered it on a thread on one of those dead imageboards and I found it funny so I downloaded the game and I had fun the first hour or so, then it became an obsession; I had to beat the Guy, I had to prove myself worth.

For weeks, I spent whole weeks just playing this to improve my runs until I finally beated and I found an incredible peace within me. It wasn't about the game, the Guy or the cape or the gun. No.

It was about me, I proved myself that...I could beat an unfair fangame.

I don't usually like 2d Plataformers but I want to try Slime-san, so thanks for the giveaway!

XaosWolf

Maxcriden is much more than his giveaways thread, he was very kind to me in a tough time I went through some months ago. Thanks man ;)

Anyway, I played a lot of "hard platformer" in my life and I think that one of my biggest achievements in gaming was the "Golden boy" trophy in the X360 version of Super Meat Boy. They're my favourite games, and I spent so many nights in completing every single challenge in Mario games, N+, and so on.

Hope everyone who passed on this game will give it a chance, it's available on PC and Xbox 360, compatible with Xbox One.

I would love for Battleblock Theatre to be on Switch. Not gonna happen because it's so old, but I can dream. Truly a joy to play and I <3 Stamper as the narrator.

I don't need the giveaway copy cos I already picked up Slime-san on PC and gonna double dip on this for Switch right now as I have a long drive up to Scotland coming up which this is perfect for. =D

If you guys liked Super Meat Boy and the like then get this game! (And also get The End Is Nigh later this year and N++ if my dreams become reality)

weekev

Banned
I really enjoyed Teslagrad as a unique take on the 2D platformer. The antigravity bits made it a really fun wee platformer/puzzle game and if recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it.

Chauzu

I really enjoyed playing Snake Pass. Very unique control scheme that made you feel like a snake, and level design fitting for game mechanics.

chronomac

Guacamelee is the first thing that comes to mind. I have a soft spot for Metroidvanias and this helped me get into a game that I otherwise might not have tried, given that it's a fairly difficult, precise platformer also emphasizes juggling-styled combat (a genre I don't usually like). I discovered that it's just overflowing with style and has a difficulty curve that gradually, fairly ramps up instead of one that punctuates randomly. The introduction of dimension-swapping makes for some really unique challenges and, when completed, make you feel like an actual luchadora badass. It's stylish, challenging, fast-paced and funny. I can't recommend it enough, especially since it's on sale all the time.

Xeroblade

SHoDN is incredibly fast paced and gets extremely difficult late game, "just one more" always happens to me, tons of unlockables and weapons to mix and match for you to master in order to complete the game faster. I really love this game and everyone should give it a chance if you haven't already. (its always posted in the hidden gems thread during steam sale.)

Thatanas

I'm currently practicing/routing/playing the 'A Button Challenge' in various Mario games, which basically means you can't use the A button (the 'Jump' button) in levels that are beatable without, or as little as possible in levels that can't be beat without it.

You can imagine it's quite difficult to beat a platformer while restricting the platforming aspect on yourself, but it's very satisfying to complete a hard level or find a new route in some levels. It's really engaging.

I have a lot of the same people have mentioned here (LOVE, VVVVVV, I Wanna Be The Guy) but I'll go with Super Meat Boy too. It definitely broke me as I never beat every level and unlocked all characters but just finishing the main game was thrilling and I'm pretty proud to say I finished those still. It's probably the first super tough one that I remember buying/playing/beating myself too as I think I played IWBTG afterwards.

A good IWBTG memory was it being installed on one of the PCs in our student lounge at university. It was fun to be "the guy" who got the furthest in that game or found a cool way through a certain screen.

Thanks for organizing a giveaway, I should really try to setup something similar to promote smaller games that I like.

-shadow-

The most challenging? I don't know the name of the game, hell I don't even know if it was ever released in the end. But many years ago when I was still doing game design I went to the Dutch Game Days, a small venue where Dutch game developers could present their work, publishers coupe make deals and what not. In a small corner there were a few game stations where no one was really paying much attention to, and there was this one game that stood out to me. A platformer made of nothing but small white squares on a solid black background. You could wall jump, wall slide and lay down small bombs of the way was obstructed. That was it, extremely basic and nothing special seemingly. But the controls were buttery smooth, the small explosions to remove vertical walls that blocked the path were extremely satisfying and everything was perfect. And it was hard, unbelievably hard at the same time. The jump were precise, but perfectly doable, all blame was purely on me as the player. A misplaced bomb and my only possible jump would be destroyed, a wall jump done ever so slightly to early and I'd overshoot my jump, it was control wise pretty much perfect. It was a great and incredibly challenging platforming game and I enjoyed every minute of it. Ended up talking over an hour with the developer, quite a wonderful memory actually.

Mr. Virus

Right, storytime:

This is about that super obscure game Super Mario World, specfically the Special Area and That One Level: Tubular.

When I was a young warthog back in the early 90's my dad and I both played through Super Mario World, on our own saves, semi-challenging each other to get through each one. He usually had the upper hand with most, but after we finally got through Star World, the coloured Yoshis, and everything that came with it, we ran into a stumbling block. And it had a P-balloon in it.

We were trying for months to get the timing on each box hit right, to dodge the Chuck's baseballs and weave through the level, but kept getting unstuck. Eventually my older cousin was round and finished the level for us, and we got to complete the rest of the Special Area and turn the world Autumn, but it always nagged at me not being able to complete it myself. Every so often I'd come back to the game, slug my way through it, use the 1-Up trick my mum managed to work out then try again and again at Tubular. But alas, my young self still couldn't manage it.

Time skip to about 4 or 5 years ago, and I'm at home for Christmas. My dad still had the SNES sitting in a room, complete with Mario World poking out of it, almost frozen in time. After some quick cleaning, a dead controller and some jiggery-pokey with a CRT I get it running again, no save files as the battery had died. It'd been a while since I last played the game (that you Wii VC), so I decided to shake off the rust and see how far I could get in an hour or so. About half an hour later Bowser was defeated, and it was time for the real challenge: Tubular.

As it turns out, Super Mario World isn't that hard of a platformer, and with time and practice across a fair few different games you learn a thing or two about how to beat games. So finally, about 20 years, one half hour and a lot of swearing later I finally did it. I finally got through Tubular. And it was an odd sensation. One of just pure happiness that I managed to beat something that had been such a roadblock once upon a time. A small victory, but one that I could finally claim. Even got a surprised "Oh! Aye very good then." out of the old man (which is high praise from a Scottish da).

So yeah, not obscure, not fancy, and probably not even the hardest one I've beat, but that's probably the most memorable platforming challenge I've had.

Still took me a while to get to Soda Lake though.

(sry for the wall of text)

maxcriden

I really enjoyed playing Snake Pass. Very unique control scheme that made you feel like a snake, and level design fitting for game mechanics.

We're playing Snake Pass at the moment actually and I agree with you. I wrote a LTTP thread but in a nutshell I will say I think it's a very compelling and clever game that is an absolute delight to play once you get your mind wrapped around the controls.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Alex Kidd in miracle world for the Master System.

My parents got divorced and 6 year old sesu got a sega from his parents...because they felt bad for me.

with it I got alex kidd. I never finished it because it was my first game and I was young lol and I sadly sold my Master System when I was 12. I still regret it to this day.

but I can remember especially the first level, when you jump down and the under water area. The music, the colours, everything is still stuck in my mind.
I absolutely loved it and it really kept my mind away from the divorce.

If I win a code, let's see if I'll like slime-san just as much :p!

Yo, not entering, just want to say that I have this one on Steam and it's very good! Much better than even you'd expect. Compulsive, well-made game whose aesthetics don't get in the way of the gameplay flow.

Murdoch

Terry Cavanagh - Don't look back. Simplicity is the key with a great little twist to the genre. I think its available on Google Play & the iOS App store as well as a Java based version. It's completable in around 10-15 minutes so rather than me harp on about it just give it a play : )

jman0625

Neo Member
One of my favorite platforming experiences was beating Mario 2 JP when I was 11. I had gotten it off the Wii Virtual console and had no idea why it was regarded as one of the hardest games. Going back 8 years later was one of the most confusing experiences because it stomped me super hard. I also love MegaMan x, and meat boy a lot.

Top Bottom