• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just another slow week on PSN

You know Sal, those collages of yours would deserve a weekly thread. I mean, you're even faster than the PlayStation Blog.

So yeah, those are the PSN releases for next week, including a lot of games also scheduled on PC and Xbox One of course. Fortunately, we are in one of the weakest period of the year right ?

ZHkaRL5.jpg

good month for sort of strategy or management PC titles on PS4....

Cities this week, next week we get Darkest Dungeon Crimson Court, week after that is XCOM 2 expansion.

too bad Cities on PS4 doesn't come with that Snowfall DLC. wonder if it'll get that even in a timely fashion

Ugh, I really want to support some of these smaller games but I can barely get through what I already have. I may just buy them now anyways even if I won't get to them for months.

crimilde

Banned
I'll be definitely re-buying Zero Time Dilemma and Undertale for PS4, and both Nidhogg and Matterfall look really promising. Excellent week!

Slime

Banned
Are those Van Helsing games good? I like the vibe but it also looks sorta generic.

I love how it rips off Solomon Kane's gun-wielding Puritan design like the Universal movie did, despite every other incarnation of the character being an old professor. I guess when a character is in the public domain you can just go crazy?

aravuus

Ooh, Undertale. This could be a good time to replay it. Curious to see how some of the more interesting stuff it does is handled on the PS4 also.

pswii60

PS4 is ridiculous. With my backlog and all the games I still want to buy, it'll be keeping me entertained for decades. Fucking love it.

Looking forward to Sonic Mania and Matterfall in particular, but there's quite a few there I'm interested in.

Not just PSN man, all summer we've been getting great titles by the pound every week across all platforms. 2017 is a monster. We've been eating good all year.
A "slow week"? "Weakest period of the year"?

WTF man, i'm thankful for every week in there's no big new AAA game releasing. I can't keep up anymore, not even close.
U7Ghu2s.gif

danowat

Banned
I guess there is no such thing as 'how much is too much'?, I'd imagine the amount of releases on console pales into comparison with things like Steam.

Must be maintainable I guess, it just seems a shame that so many decent little indie games on console seem to get little or no love at all.

I don't use Steam, but is the discoverablity and promotion of small(er) indie titles 'better' than on console marketplaces? or is it just a case of more console users only really liking wizz bang AAA titles?

Gurish

There are seriously just too much shit to play on PS4 right now, I can't handle my backlog so unfortunately those games won't get my attention :/

Is your sarcasm detector broken?

Oh, well, uhm, let's say i wasn't sure. :D
These are a lot of games, but nothing really big, lot's of re releases, so i thought he maybe was serious about it.

Never mind. :D

Would love to buy Cities Skylines but my pile of shame is way too big. :D

That is a lot of releases, especially in what's considered a quiet time of time usually. Maybe Undertale but I'm not sure. Waiting on Uncharted really.

sectionse7en

Neo Member
I've never preordered a game on PSN before, until Nidhogg 2. Very excited. Even if it's not what I expect, I've had so much fun with the first game that the sequel is a must have.

Alright, I only recently saw the "Agents of Maybe" thread but I didn't even remotely fathom that the game was due out this upcoming week.

... I hope it turns out great. I can't afford it until September but I did like the last couple of Saints Row games.

JP

I already have Matterfall and Tokyo 42 pre-ordered.

I believe Undertale is supposed to be really good? I don't know much about it, to be honest.

ViciousDS

Banned
Undertale, never got around to it on my pc. Maybe I'll play it on the big screen, heard the music is amazing........well the game is amazing period lol.

That's a busy fucking week though

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm interested in seeing the reviews for Tokyo 42, I've played the screenshots and they look great.

IbukiLordSA

Matterfall!!!!!!!

Van Hellsing 2 I don't know about, the first was ok for about 5 hours and then I just never went back to it, was too slow and they threw so many enemies at you but you had no way to really deal with multiple enemies at a time. Was kind of lame.

KORNdoggy

intrigued by observer and will definitely pick up tokyo 42 if the reviews say they've fixed the issues that plagued the xbox version.

Melchiah

Huh, Observer sounds interesting...

What would you do if your fears were hacked? Observer, the definitive cyberpunk horror story, arrives on PS4 on August 15 with cyberpunk legend Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) as Detective Dan Lazarski. Developed by Bloober Team, the creators of Layers of Fear, Observer is a horror experience meant for mature audiences. What you see will disturb you.

The year is 2084. If you somehow survived the Nanophage, odds are you were killed in the War. Those who live have turned to drugs, VR, neural implants — anything to distract themselves from this new reality. You are Daniel Lazarski, an elite neural detective known as an Observer, and part of a corporate-funded police unit whose purpose is to hack and invade suspects’ minds. In this future, anything you think, feel, or remember can be used against you in a court of law.

When you receive a mysterious message from your estranged son, a high-level engineer for the almighty Chiron Corporation, you journey to the Class C slums of Krakow to investigate. But as you hack into the unstable minds of criminals and victims to look for clues, you are forced relive their darkest fears. How far will you go to discover the truth?
Trailer: https://youtu.be/cvK4l-nvWwI

Top Bottom