• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just another slow week on PSN

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Are those Van Helsing games good? I like the vibe but it also looks sorta generic.

I love how it rips off Solomon Kane's gun-wielding Puritan design like the Universal movie did, despite every other incarnation of the character being an old professor. I guess when a character is in the public domain you can just go crazy?

Competent but generic as you think. Lots of customization, a big quest to Diablo-click your way through, and the expected loot drops and gear manipulation. Plays well enough with a controller, but it really is missing something that is hard to describe.

Oh and you run about with a friendly lady-ghost that loves to argue and cajole a rise out of VH. you can customize her for combat assistance or passive support with her own skilltree. It takes many liberties with the character.

Pastry

Banned
Just started Arkham City last night and I bought Mankind Divided when it was on sale this week. The next game I'll buy will probably be Dragon's Dogma?

I didn't even know Cities Skylines was coming to PS4!
I bought it on Mac years ago but never played it as I don't game on my Mac.
Might pick it up at the right price.

Undertale releasing on Vita this week too?

OuterLimits

good month for sort of strategy or management PC titles on PS4....

Cities this week, next week we get Darkest Dungeon Crimson Court, week after that is XCOM 2 expansion.

too bad Cities on PS4 doesn't come with that Snowfall DLC. wonder if it'll get that even in a timely fashion

PS4 has at least a few strategy games. Stuff like Tropico, Grand Ages, Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. It's not much compared to PC, but better than nothing.

SuperPac

I know Agents of Mayhem probably won't review well, but...

I really want Agents of Mayhem to review well.

I expect a situation where it gets good reviews (7s/8s) but the audience is completely apathetic to its existence. I would like to be wrong, because the game looks ACE to me. But there's been a lot of pre-judging here and in the Maybe thread. :'(

I expect a situation where it gets good reviews (7s/8s) but the audience is completely apathetic to its existence. I would like to be wrong, because the game looks ACE to me. But there's been a lot of pre-judging here and in the Maybe thread. :'(

The actual gameplay of it looks like it could be really solid, and the devs have been trying their damnedest to sell the thing. It has some real potential. But when I listen to podcasts complaining about the game thinking Bieber jokes are still relevant, I get kinda worried. :(

CrocoDuck

Hey I hope this isn't off topic. I want to buy the psychical version of Undertale on the Vita. It's not listed on Amazon but on some gaming site called Fangamer. Is it reliable to buy from these guys?

I kinda screwed myself really at the end of the month, yakuza and everybodys golf out at the same time. lol. but i did buy them anyway.

Do you guys think I should go ahead and preorder Yakuza from my local GameStop or should I be able to just walk in and grab it? Not sure what the demand will be or how many copies will ship...I just hate preordering on principle.

Fuck, Nidhogg 2 releases next week? I already pre-ordered Sonic Mania and Undertale and was about to pick up Pyre...maybe I can put Pyre off for another week.

Definitely in for Observer (but I'll grab it on Xbox). I know Layers of Fear was a miss for some people, but I absolutely loved it.

Did not know about the Pillars of the Earth game until now. Had always been interested in trying out the books but this might be a good way to experience the story. Looks like it's Deponia devs, so moderate assurance of quality then?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Only knew Sonic was dropping next week, had no idea that Night Trap and Undertale joined it. Those three are certainty's for me.

The rest I am less certain about, but it is getting crowded. Definitely entering an expensive quarter.

Just finished Uncharted 4 and Crash Trilogy, so to avoid going insane trying to get all the relics on the latter, I'm going to grab Sonic Mania (really came out of nowhere huh?) and Undertale.

I really want Agents of Mayhem to be good, but will wait on reviews and maybe a slight price drop.

Did not know about the Pillars of the Earth game until now. Had always been interested in trying out the books but this might be a good way to experience the story. Looks like it's Deponia devs, so moderate assurance of quality then?
Is it a fantasy series? I know nothing about it till it was listed in this thread.

ghibli99

Definitely in for Matterfall. Will be getting Sonic Mania on Switch. Getting Undertale PS4, but in physical form via Fangamer.

In order of excitement
1. Agents of Mayhem
2. Matterfall
3. Sonic Mania
4. Nidhogg 2

Picking up all 4 next week. Good thing I have time off soon.

Cornbread78

Another week? C'mon now, PSN is always slow af.. Such a shit service that you have to pay for now..

lol, This year has been insane with releases! Love it!

JP

More historical fiction than fantasy to my understanding (which is limited). Takes place in the 12th century and people get up to some medieval shenanigans. I think the story spans multiple generations.

EDIT: Here's a video of some gameplay from Polygon. Art looks nice.
I've not heard of that game before, according to that video it's a Daedalic Entertainment release so I suppose I'll have to buy it at some point. I've been buying all their stuff as its been released on PS4 so I'm pleased to see another game of theirs being released.

Top Bottom