• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just another slow week on PSN

febLey

PonyStation 4 haz no gaemz.

I'm pretty sure I'll grab Cities Skylines and Matterfall. Sonic Mania has to proof itself in the upcomming reviews and then I'll probably get it on the Switch.

And also I feel really compelled to get Undertale a second time, but I'd like to play it on the Switch, so I'm not sure if I should hold out and hope for a Switch port or get it a third time IF it gets a Switch port. #decisionsdecision

KORNdoggy

Huh, Observer sounds interesting...

Trailer: https://youtu.be/cvK4l-nvWwI

it really does. but i'm torn between what i've seen of the game (which looks excellent) and it being made by the guys who made layers of fear, which is one of the most cookie cutter walking sim horror games i've ever played. it's devoid of scares. i'd be happy if the fear element falls by the wayside and they just nail the cyberpunk atmosphere.

Undertale is out next week? Sweet. I normally love Housemarque but I think I'm going to sit Matterfall out until it gets a price drop, unless reviews are magnificent or it gets a demo.

BeeDog

Got Matterfall, Tokyo 42 and Nidhogg 2 pre-ordered since a while back, so can't wait. Also indecisive about Undertale, I already know it's an amazing game but don't know if I have the time nor energy to delve into it. Also curious to see if Observer turns out well.

Melchiah

it really does. but i'm torn between what i've seen of the game (which looks excellent) and it being made by the guys who made layers of fear, which is one of the most cookie cutter walking sim horror games i've ever played. it's devoid of scares. i'd be happy if the fear element falls by the wayside and they just nail the cyberpunk atmosphere.

Damn! Rutger Hauer voicing the main character. Think I'm in.

So Sonic Mania, The Observer & Undertale for me. My wallet weeps.

I haven't played Layers of Fear yet, eventhough I bought it from the holiday sales in last December. The premise and Rutger Hauer's inclusion sound promising, but I think I'll wait for reviews and player experiences.

glaurung

Are those Van Helsing games good? I like the vibe but it also looks sorta generic.
The Van Helsing series has been out on PC for a very long time. Them porting these games to PS4 is just a cash grab and frankly, the price point is not acceptable for that quality.

It's a pretty mindless Diablo clone with some skill combo and steampunk flavors thrown in. I recommend watching some game play videos before you make your choice.

No idea about how the engine performance fares on console.

WITHE1982

I haven't played Layers of Fear yet, eventhough I bought it from the holiday sales in last December. The premise and Rutger Hauer's inclusion sound promising, but I think I'll wait for reviews and player experiences.

Probably wise.

LoF started off really promising but descended into a game of "find the jump scare in room A in order to move onto room B". Really disappointed TBH as it's initial impact was great. A case of the developers using scares far too much to the point where it became annoying.

I can't wait to play Undertale again.

It'll be my first time and I'm going in completely blind. The only thing I know about the game is that people seem to love it.

xrnzaaas

Observer, Tokyo 42, Night Trap, Paranormal Craptivity... I'm going to be broke and my backlog will grow even more. ;p

It wasn't very good on the XBO, I was massively disappointed with it.

That's a bummer. I still look forward to it because I've read somewhere it plays good as a stealth game. And I love stealth games. :)

Got Sonic Mania pre-ordered and want Matterfall but still have yet to fire up Nex Machina despite buying it at launch, also interested in Undertale and Observer.

2017 continues to take my money it seems.

Rellik

Woah Matterfall is out next week? That was the best game of E3, but didn't know it was out any time soon.

gunstarhero

good month for sort of strategy or management PC titles on PS4....

Cities this week, next week we get Darkest Dungeon Crimson Court, week after that is XCOM 2 expansion.

too bad Cities on PS4 doesn't come with that Snowfall DLC. wonder if it'll get that even in a timely fashion

You forgot Shadow Tactics!

Oh, shit, I had no idea Cities: Skylines was coming to PS4. Wonder how the console controls are.

I watched bits of Observer on a Twitch stream last night/this morning. Looks really interesting. Might get that too.

xrnzaaas

Oh, shit, I had no idea Cities: Skylines was coming to PS4. Wonder how the console controls are.

I watched ACG's review for the Xbox version and he had no complaints. It was the poor performance that was a cause for concern, but we'll see how it performs on the PS4.

specdot

I have successfully avoided Undertale spoilers waiting for a console release. Can't wait to finally get to play it.

You know Sal, those collages of yours would deserve a weekly thread. I mean, you're even faster than the PlayStation Blog.

So yeah, those are the PSN releases for next week, including a lot of games also scheduled on PC and Xbox One of course. Fortunately, we are in one of the weakest period of the year right ?

ZHkaRL5.jpg

Cheap tacky golf game (who even plays golf apart from rich old men? lol)
Battleborne-size flop
Already been on PC for years
PS+ fodder
Never heard of it, terrible name
Who wants to play a game with spiders in it? Eww gross
Nothing with the Van Helsing name attached to it has ever been good
Got the MegaMan collection to keep me busy
Keep your grotesque Homer Simpson simulator to yourself
Oh a shitty FMV game from the 80s. Now we can like it post-ironically!
I'll Observe Blade Runner for the 30th time, thankyouverymuch
Hmmm, do I want to play a crappy video game tie-in of a crappy movie franchise? Nnnnnope
PS+ fodder (for the Vita)
Sonic was never good. Ever
Who even plays RTS games on consoles? lulz
Tokyo 72% on Metacritic
Hipster trash for people who actually enjoy movies like Her and musicians like Joanna Newsom
The soul-destroyingly awful last installment in a trilogy that only had one good game

Yeah, great week mate!

Melchiah

Probably wise.

LoF started off really promising but descended into a game of "find the jump scare in room A in order to move onto room B". Really disappointed TBH as it's initial impact was great. A case of the developers using scares far too much to the point where it became annoying.

That doesn't sound good. Jump scares in general aren't the most effective way to do horror.

Zombine

Banned
it gets even crazier when you have PC, Xbox, Switch, etc as well. I'm getting to that point that so many other people have gotten to where I have finally realize that no, I won't play it all and that there isn't time for everything.

Spy

Cheap tacky golf game (who even plays golf apart from rich old men? lol)
Battleborne-size flop
Already been on PC for years
PS+ fodder
Never heard of it, terrible name
Who wants to play a game with spiders in it? Eww gross
Nothing with the Van Helsing name attached to it has ever been good
Got the MegaMan collection to keep me busy
Keep your grotesque Homer Simpson simulator to yourself
Oh a shitty FMV game from the 80s. Now we can like it post-ironically!
I'll Observe Blade Runner for the 30th time, thankyouverymuch
Hmmm, do I want to play a crappy video game tie-in of a crappy movie franchise? Nnnnnope
PS+ fodder (for the Vita)
Sonic was never good. Ever
Who even plays RTS games on consoles? lulz
Tokyo 72% on Metacritic
Hipster trash for people who actually enjoy movies like Her and musicians like Joanna Newsom
The soul-destroyingly awful last installment in a trilogy that only had one good game

Yeah, great week mate!
Is my sarcasm detector off or is this real?

george_us

Sonic Mania all day for me. Agents of Mayhem is a possibility as well depending on reviews. Some of the new youtube footage looks fun.

DJwest

Ready for Undertale on Vita. And damn guys, I didn't know about Matterfall. It's a buy, thanks to this thread.

MrS

Banned
I normally love Housemarque but I think I'm going to sit Matterfall out until it gets a price drop, unless reviews are magnificent or it gets a demo.
I feel the same way despite loving HMQ. Matterfall just doesn't appeal to me at all and looks a bit off. Really wish the buzz and enthusiasm for it had gone to the superb Nex Machina instead.

I'll be picking up Undertale for sure. This week on PSN was awesome too with Hellblade and Graceful Explosion Machine which are both thoroughly well-made and enjoyable. PSN slaying.

KodaRuss

Just so many good games coming out in 2017, I cannot keep up. I want to play at least 5 of those games on that list but I will likely only get Sonic at launch.

Top Bottom