• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - A small highlight of September 2017 games

Tizoc

Click on the images to be directed to that game's Steam page

The next couple of months are going to be filled with lots of titles releasing as we approach the end of the year, and September's just the beginning.
Listed below are some highlights, of various genres, that are releasing in September.
Some of these games would also release on GOG as well.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just Total War: Warhammer II for me

Purchased it last week in anticipation. SKAVEN BAY BAY

KDR_11k

Man, Senko no Ronde 2 would do much better with a banner that tells you that it's a top down shmup-fighting game...

Durante

There's something wrong here -- you say this is a list of highlights, but I don't see this listed:

The only conclusion I can draw is that D:OS2 has overflown whatever storage data type you use for your "highlight" metric :p

The most important game is missing...
Where the hell is divinity original sin 2?

Will get Total warhammer and dishonored 2 as well

LordKano

Probably just Cuphead but I'd really like to play Danganronpa V3 & Hob later this year. I'm just too broke to buy all of them lol.

Hektor

For me its

Cook, Serve, Delicious 2
Dishonored 2.5
Ruiner
Danganronpa V3
Total Warhammer 2
Cuphead
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Legrand Legacy

Altho i'll still be busy with XCOM2:WotC as well

Insane month

Tizoc

There's something wrong here -- you say this is a list of highlights, but I don't see this listed:

The only conclusion I can draw is that D:OS2 has overflown whatever storage data type you use for your "highlight" metric :p

I didn't see it in the Upcoming page for some reason :p

He did it on purpose. ;_;

My most anticipated in September.

Been waiting for Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 for a while now :D. Also hyped for Divinity: Original Sin II. Muv Luv Alternative and Subahibi are also two others I'd want to get. Man this year is stacked with games...

Anno

Divinity and Dishonored I already have ready to go. I'll probably get Hob, Cuphead and maybe Warhammer 2 as well. Some of these other games I'll have to look into. Thanks for the list!

Kaizen

I'd like to add Pro Evolution Soccer 2018. For the first time ever it won't be a PS3/360 port and it looks really fun so far.

Durante

Looking through a few of these, it's amazing how many neat-looking and unique games there are comping up that I never heard of before. (Specifically, in this case, "The First Tree" and "Legrand Legacy")

Tizoc

Looking through a few of these, it's amazing how many neat-looking and unique games there are comping up that I never heard of before. (Specifically, in this case, "The First Tree" and "Legrand Legacy")

The latter was on Kickstarter IIRC.

Fitz

Falls just short of next month, but Sonic finally on PC in a few days. So much good stuff coming up.

pagrab

Ha! I was literally looking at a similar thread for PSN today thinking: it would be cool if someone made something similar for Steam :) Thanks.

Tizoc

Ha! I was literally looking at a similar thread for PSN today thinking: it would be cool if someone made something similar for Steam :) Thanks.

I wanted to make one for August but got lazy ^^;
I'll aim to make a thread each month unless someone beats me to it :D

In Warhammer and Xcom expansions there are many hundreds of hours of gameplay. Those will last a very long time. Bot them allows you to get the new additions added to the main campaign, so the products are not disjointed. You get to enjoy the best of the main and expansion in one go. That's a big draw for me.

The grand Warhammer campaign will come out a few weeks after its launch. So I am waiting for that, so I can fight with the new races against the old races.

bee

definitely getting ruiner and hob, probably some others too, also the below should count but it is out on aug 30th

X-Morph: Defense

Sentenza

Mh. I thought that with War of the Chosen and Divinity: Original Sin 2 I was served for a while, but surprisingly there are at least few more titles there I would gladly give a try.

Cuphead and Ys VIII also two must buy for me.

Zia

What a crazy year. I've been saying this the past few years, but for me this year really is the year where there are just so many good and unique games that critical consensus has diffused to the point of where it is in music and film. Not everyone needs to play every good thing to be informed, because it's impossible, and that's really cool.

The only "musts" for me are Cuphead and PES 2018 (I think that one's a sleeper; if Konami doesn't find a way to fuck it up it'll be massive on Steam), but D:OS2, Total Warhammer II and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider all look great.

Mephala

Now that I take a peak... This did interest me back when it was announced. There doesn't seem much hype for it any more though I guess we have a few Musou games being shown around.

This is sort of like Orochi mini, that is it is the crossover game with Dead or Alive, Atelier and some others. :\
Please be a good PC version. Pleeeeeease. >.<

Upcoming games for just a single month too.

Really, no one can keep up with all good Steam releases.
I've been blinded by Destiny release date and haven't really been keeping up. This amazing in so many ways but my wallet can't handle it.

Durante

definitely getting ruiner and hob, probably some others too, also the below should count but it is out on aug 30th

X-Morph: Defense

Right! I actually found that recently using the Steam discovery features. I've been wanting a new local coop tower defense game for a while.

Top Bottom