• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - A small highlight of September 2017 games

StereoVsn

Good month ahead. Getting Ys VIII for sure, then picking up Divinity OS2 and Muv-Luv Alternative from Kickstarter. Might grab Project Cars 2 for VR racing possibilities if reports are good.

Edit: Legrand Legacy and couple of others like Journey Doen also look cool but between the above games and possibly Xcom2 expansion I will have 0 time for gaming. Heck I am just going to start Yakuza Kiwami 1 next week.

Divinity will keep me busy for a while. It's been so hard to not just start the early access build and experience the start of the game. Just a while longer...

Josman

Great month, Interested in Dishonored, MvsC, Ys and maaaaaybe Cuphead, I saw some gameplay videos and while the art style is incredibly good, the platforming and gameplay looked pretty basic.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There's something wrong here -- you say this is a list of highlights, but I don't see this listed:

The only conclusion I can draw is that D:OS2 has overflown whatever storage data type you use for your "highlight" metric :p

Not only is this pretty much a lock for GOTY, but if it's as big a jump over the first as it appears to be, it might be a lock for GOAT.

Ascheroth

Looking through a few of these, it's amazing how many neat-looking and unique games there are comping up that I never heard of before. (Specifically, in this case, "The First Tree" and "Legrand Legacy")
Yup, Legrand legacy also caught my eye.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I just heard of this recently and it looks cool. Is it highly anticipated? What's the buzz on this game?

There isn't a lot of info. There was a cool gameplay video that came out a few years ago but that's about it.

The buzz comes from the developer, it's from the makers of Torchlight, aka the reformed Blizzard North.

Sothpaw

I never played a Total War game before, but TW Warhammer hooked me. Warhammer fantasy is the greatest fantasy setting and the game has just the right combo of strategy/tactics that I need.

And in TWW2 we get to play as dinosaurs.

Divinity and Dishonored I will wait for a sale as I simply don't have time for all three plus my backlog.

Crayon

I am really excited for ruiner. I never forgot cursader. It always felt like there should have been more games like it. It came out right before 2d games got really uncool.

DrNeroCF

Wait is that really releaing in september?

Yeah, was supposed to be August, want to QA it for a bit longer, some personal things and GamesCom pushed it back a bit.

Oh, shoot, should update the release date on the Steam page, haha.

Divinity for me, been a hard wait not buying the early access but prefer to play it with a controller. PES is looking good too but will see reviews for PC before committing.

Cuphead and the Ys games (plus hopefully Zwei: Ilvard Insurrection since I need my old Falcom fix) should be enough. I'll also have Sonic Mania to dig into next week.

Momentary

Banned
Now that I take a peak... This did interest me back when it was announced. There doesn't seem much hype for it any more though I guess we have a few Musou games being shown around.

This is sort of like Orochi mini, that is it is the crossover game with Dead or Alive, Atelier and some others. :\
Please be a good PC version. Pleeeeeease. >.<

I've been blinded by Destiny release date and haven't really been keeping up. This amazing in so many ways but my wallet can't handle it.

I'm gonna wait on this, see how well it performs on PC.

sprinkles

Even though Zero no Kiseki and PUBG are eating my free time, I have to get a few of those Day 1.
Divinity I already backed, plus Ys 7 and 8 for me (and possibly Zwei 2 - seriously how can anyone handly so much Falcom goodness in such a small time frame).

Nokterian

No Darkwood? That game needs a bit more attention. Just bought it and from the comments it is terrifying experience for topdown view game.

GHG

Gold Member
Project cars 2 is already bought.

I'm currently playing though DOS:EE on PS4 and loving it so far but I'm very early on and there's no chance I'll have it finished in time for the release of DOS2. If I do happen to however, I will get it.

Oh shit PES 2018 and Cuphead are out next month as well? Getting those as well then.

Tizoc

Yeah, was supposed to be August, want to QA it for a bit longer, some personal things and GamesCom pushed it back a bit.

Oh, shoot, should update the release date on the Steam page, haha.
Then i will add it to the list in due time if that is the case ;D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Fuck me what a month.

Getting CSD2 as a birthday present for my partner as she loved the original. Many Ys too, nice.

Now that I take a peak... This did interest me back when it was announced. There doesn't seem much hype for it any more though I guess we have a few Musou games being shown around.

This is sort of like Orochi mini, that is it is the crossover game with Dead or Alive, Atelier and some others. :\
Please be a good PC version. Pleeeeeease. >.<

I've been blinded by Destiny release date and haven't really been keeping up. This amazing in so many ways but my wallet can't handle it.

It will be a shit port because of KOEI TECMO GAMES nothing that can be done they just simply don't care

So many promising games! I can't wait for Cuphead, Ys VIII and of course, Divinity: Original Sin 2! Tooth and Tail also seems to be right up my alley.

low-G

For me, September is going to be about Ruiner, and Project Cars 2. I kickstarted Divinity OS2 as well.

Maybe Cuphead too, but I want to keep some $$ in my Steam account for surprise titles / sales.

Ruiner
Songbringer
Divinity!!!
Guardian
Grave Chase
X-Morph: Defense

These look interesting. But Divinity is probably going to take all of my time.

sirdudeoi

Neo Member
I'm definitely in for MvC and possibly Danganronpa + Cuphead. I didn't realize how stacked this month would actually be.

Fou-Lu

Lots of great stuff here that I know I will love for sure (Divinity, Hob, and Ys VIII hype!), but I am also really hoping Legrand Legacy will be good!

karnage10

Banned
I'm buying warhammer 2 and cook serve and delicious 2. I enjoyed the first games a lot, through the cooking one was really stressful...

Top Bottom